E90Post

E92 Lighting

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Question re: 6FL kit

09-16-2013, 08:08 AM   #67
xelion
Banned
Rep
Drives: 320d

Hi guys, will this cable work with 6FL? I already have COMBOX telematics installed, just wanted to have usb under my armrest. Thanks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 04:55 AM   #68
Blurryface
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW X5 35d M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsrd View Post
That is a CIC with DAB..

So,
Mustard and Green - DAB (they come from a splitter for DAB)
Blue - GPS antenna
Black - FM Antenna

All the above are FAKRA (means one core, not HSD)

Pink on the right is LVDS - goes to CID (Same structure as HSD)
Grey/yellowish on right is USB to glove box. (HSD - same as USB)

Boy, you are on retrofit fire.. ;-)
Proudly digging this old thread up ...

I' m doing a CIC retrofit incl DAB (however on a E70 X5), but I am even more confused now when it's said that the yellow and green FAKRA both go to the antenna splitter (at the left hand back side window where the actual antenna is integrated) So what about the DAB band L antenna in the Shark fin; how shall that be hooked up to the CIC? Or maybe the CIC not even supports the Band L feature (since really no one in the word broadcasts on those frequncies..). Maybe the shark fin DAB part is a future thing so to speak (?) Or is the antenna signal for DAB band L taken from the GPS since on the same band (?) A bit of rambling here from my side...
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 11:55 AM   #69
ptpending
Captain
Rep
Drives: e91

shark fin should have separate connector and L-band module inside, CIC connected to directly to sharkfin for this
E91 2006. Retrofits:High beam assistant,Individual Audio,Autodim mirrors,CIC,Combox(USB and Bluetooth),Electric Sport Seats,Light package,Front PDC, Heated Steering Wheel,Happy Robot,Climate Comfort Windscreen,Black Line rear lights.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2016, 05:28 PM   #70
Blurryface
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptpending View Post
shark fin should have separate connector and L-band module inside, CIC connected to directly to sharkfin for this
Yes there might be a separate connector for DAB band L on the shark fin bot most probably not since there is no green connector around to match the CIC green which is said to be for DAB Band L (but I think the people who wrote the PDF that covers the CIC when it was introduced in 2008 that is circulating around on the Internet are way out there...) I have a blue, a white, a grey and a bordeaux colored connector on the Shark fin antenna. The blue is for GPS for sure and I beleive the white, grey and bordeaux conns all are actually three TEL connectors (two for TCU function and one for the armrest GSM 1900. And hence the DAB Band L is integrated with the GPS since they are on the same band (~1500 MHz) and splitted in the CIC (ok since it's probably a 30 dB gain in the LNA in the sharkfin). The green on the CIC is for TV reception before the digital signal it is passed over via MOST to the video module for de-coding. AND I think that if you have both DAB and TV also the mustard/yellow is used tor TV (diversity) and the DAB antenna in the left quarter glass in the back is not used. Instead the DAB gets its signal from the (left) TV antenna since they are on the same band (basically).

Or not.

Anyway, that's the way I should have done it.

Rambling, rambling...
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 03:17 PM   #71
ptpending
Captain
Rep

cic do not accept tv signal, only composite via pins in quadlock
tv signal should be routed to videomodule which performs decoding and conversion to composite
do you want to retrofit DAB in US ? there is no DAB broadcasting in US
E91 2006. Retrofits:High beam assistant,Individual Audio,Autodim mirrors,CIC,Combox(USB and Bluetooth),Electric Sport Seats,Light package,Front PDC, Heated Steering Wheel,Happy Robot,Climate Comfort Windscreen,Black Line rear lights.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 03:47 PM   #72
Blurryface
Sweden
Rep

Ok so green connector on CIC goes to white on shark? Thanks!

I'm back in Ståkkålm now...
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 06:40 PM   #73
ptpending
Captain
Rep

yes, DAB green goes to shark fin, DAB yellow to rear side window amplifier on e91
Appreciate 0