E90Post

PYSPEED

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Help... Tinting Tail Lights

05-04-2013, 01:49 AM   #1
08S3RI35

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

Help... Tinting Tail Lights

Okay so I saw a post a month or two ago and someone posted (I believe in the photo section) about tinting their tail lights with spray and a spray clear coat. I remember what I liked about it was being able to spray a layer or so at a time to reach the desired tint. Also a major part is it looked like they came like that, not rough, or anything like that.

Not making a decision about it straight from that post but if you can remember the post or find it please let me know.

I have a sparkling graphite and don't want black I just want a HINT of smoked looked to it, and would prefer to do it myself.

Thank you!
08S3RI35 is offline   United_States
      05-04-2013, 02:09 AM   #2
e90sexion
E 9 0 S E X I O N

Drives: M3, Z4MC

I say don't
only time I liked tinted taillight was when I was 16
e90sexion is offline   Canada
      05-04-2013, 07:36 AM   #3
Blindside_137
Major General

Drives: '09 E93 Space Gray 328

Tiniting tails is fine. Some cars out there have much deeper blood red tails compared to the bright red e9x. The key is to not go overboard like you said.

The best thing IMO would be a lamin-x film in a very light shade. The spray stuff can be tricky and conditions have to be perfect. I did my sidemarkers with Niteshades and I had to use a lot of coats to make it uniform, and it still has a rough blotchy looking texture.

Try the film first.