E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Burger AE wattage

03-07-2014, 12:56 PM   #1
itsstock02
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 335i

Burger AE wattage

Anyone know the wattage of the AE's from Burger? Ive got these ones but in white, not amber. Trying to decide if I should get some 60w ones from HPB to replace them.

Last edited by itsstock02; 03-07-2014 at 01:37 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 01:07 PM   #2
fazman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States

Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsstock02 View Post
Anyone know the wattage of the AE's from Burger? Ive got these ones but in white, not amber. Trying to decide if I should get some 60w ones from HPB to replace these ones.

They are all pretty much about the same, you have the older style and I think the new style ones from BMS or HPD are going to be more wattage. It's just a product improvement.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 01:08 PM   #3
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States

Drives: C6 Z06, GSXR-750, 09 335i

Send a message via AIM to Jeff@TopGearSolutions
Quote:
Anyone know the wattage of the AE's from Burger? Ive got these ones but in white, not amber. Trying to decide if I should get some 60w ones from HPB to replace these ones.
They don't list their wattage or lumens. I'm still surprised people keep buying them when they are just buying blindly.

Anyway..

I know for a fact the 60W would be brighter. The 60W were just released. Burger has been selling those angel eyes for quite some time. I think the burger are 20W but don't quote me. They would not be more then 40W and I would bet my last dollar on that. A lot of our customers come to us after being disappointed with theirs. (Not trying to sound arrogant).

If you want to do a comparison I'll cut you a special deal.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 01:35 PM   #4
itsstock02
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
They don't list their wattage or lumens. I'm still surprised people keep buying them when they are just buying blindly.

Anyway..

I know for a fact the 60W would be brighter. The 60W were just released. Burger has been selling those angel eyes for quite some time. I think the burger are 20W but don't quote me. They would not be more then 40W and I would bet my last dollar on that. A lot of our customers come to us after being disappointed with theirs. (Not trying to sound arrogant).

If you want to do a comparison I'll cut you a special deal.

Im still pissed at myself for ordering them but you live and learn. That was when I first bought the car and did zero research before purchasing. Not knocking BMS at all.

What kind of deal would I get for doing a comparison between the two?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 01:51 PM   #5
LuxAngelEyes
United_States

Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite

Amber LED's are generally not able to handle as much power as white LED's so the number scale would be different. Currently Cree LED's in amber are pretty limited so there's not a whole lot you can do with them. FYI - those look incredibly similar to our LUX H8 Amber lights.....
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 02:01 PM   #6
itsstock02
Second Lieutenant

They're white not the amber ones and yes they looks spot on. Wondering if most of them are made by one company and distributed by others calling them their own.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 02:30 PM   #7
LuxAngelEyes
United_States

Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite

Quote:
They're white not the amber ones and yes they looks spot on. Wondering if most of them are made by one company and distributed by others calling them their own.
Oh my bad, i misread what you wrote in the first post. No these are DEFINITELY not made by the same company. The part in the picture above was made by a machine shop down the street from me. its called reverse engineering among many other things.....

Last edited by LuxAngelEyes; 03-07-2014 at 02:41 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 02:41 PM   #8
itsstock02
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
Oh my bad, i misread what you wrote in the first post. No these aer DEFINITELY not made by the same company. The part in the picture above was made by a machine shop down the street from me. its called reverse engineering among many other things.....
Ah yes, working in Metrology for a living im familiar with RE.
Appreciate 0