E90Post

VIBE Motorsports

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Bluetooth won't connect

04-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #1
hey joe
Private
Rep

Drives: e92 330d

Bluetooth won't connect

... as the title says ...

Car ('09 e92 330d with iDrive/pro nav) and phone (Blackberry) have decided not to connect - iDrive screen just stays forever saying "Connecting" with the whirly wheel going round. The Phonebook is empty and obviously calls in and out don't work.

Car and phone seem to know the other is there. After deleting the phone from the car, and the car from the phone, I've got back to the bit where you enter your PIN into both (I think this is called Pairing) and all seems ok up to then. But then it won't connect.

The phone seems to think it's connected as the Bluetooth goes from On to Connected on the connections page, and the blue LED light flashes.

Any ideas ?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2013, 02:16 AM   #2
ukbeemerboy
Beemer Heaven
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: BMW 330d M Sport

Garage List
Try connecting the phone to something else, and try another phone in the car... At least this will narrow down whether its the phone or the car with the issue...
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #3
hey joe
Private
Rep

Yep, thanks for the reply. Now all sorted. It turned out to be the phone (phew !!) all along. I feared it was the car cos the phone was giving all the right indications ("connected", blue led flashing etc whilst the car never got beyond "connecting"). But when the phone didn't work in another car the penny dropped ... battery out of phone for quick re-boot and all's well.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #4
Bighorns
bimmer newb
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2010 335i M-Sport

Interesting. Mine always asks to 'accept' my contacts list whenever I start the car. Is this normal?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #5
hey joe
Private
Rep

Haven't seen that myself. After the re-boot, the phone 'asked' if I wished to accept a connection from the car (ie BMW and the last 6 digits of the VIN) but there was also a tick box (on the phone) "don't ask this question again". After switching the car on, there is always a pause "transferring data" whilst the phone book etc loads up into the car - but I'm never asked if that's what I want.
Appreciate 0