Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

TireRack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Wheel Repair Cost

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Wheel offset calculator courtesy of BimmerPost.com. You may use this calculator to calculate what tire sizes you might need if you upgrade your tires, or what wheel sizes/offsets are compatible with your car.
    Current Wheel Width  inches             Current Wheel Offset  mm.
         New Wheel Width  inches                  New Wheel Offset  mm.

TIRE WIDTH
/
ASPECT RATIO
- WHEEL DIAMETER
ORIGINAL TIRES
/
NEW TIRES
/
Based on your stock wheel setup, your new wheel will have:
Original Tires Diameter (in.)
      New Tires Diameter (in.)
  Difference in diameter (in.)
           Percent Difference %

Speedo @60mph will read: mph
Collapse/Expand the BimmerPost Wheel and Tire calculator

05-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
iTech

Drives: 2006 BMW 330Xi

Wheel Repair Cost

Is $600 (quote from USA Wheels) a lot for all 4 wheels to be repaired? The front/back right side definitely need to be repaired since I brushed a curb in order to avoid rear ending someone that doesn't believe in brake lights.
      05-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #2
mr_milo
Captain

Drives: 2011 E93 328i

I've been getting quotes and they all seem to be about $200 per wheel. Maybe it just more out here in the SF Bay Area?
mr_milo is offline   United_States
      05-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #3
VMRWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
It will depend on what you're doing to the wheels. Curb rash repair + powder coating all four, I'd say that's about right.

VMR | Wheels - Mitch A. | 714-442-7916 extension 107 | e. Mitch@velocitymotoring.com
      05-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #4
iTech

Hmm I don't know about powder coating unless they have to strip the entire wheel and repaint it. USA Wheels did say they remove everything and redo it to OEM specs including balancing the wheels.
      05-03-2013, 08:45 PM   #5
Game
Brigadier General

Drives: E92 335i

Seems pretty steep if the wheels aren't bent.
      05-06-2013, 12:35 PM   #6
VMRWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Garage List
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTech View Post
Hmm I don't know about powder coating unless they have to strip the entire wheel and repaint it. USA Wheels did say they remove everything and redo it to OEM specs including balancing the wheels.
Sounds like they're powder coating them. With normal paint you can just clean up the area and then spray over. With powder coating you have to strip the wheel down to the bare metal, then recoat them.

VMR | Wheels - Mitch A. | 714-442-7916 extension 107 | e. Mitch@velocitymotoring.com
      05-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #7
Mikaman

Drives: 2007 335i coupe

I just went through this -- bought an E92 with mild curb rash on all 4 wheels. None were cracked, none appeared bent, no imbalance or vibration at any speed so I think it was just cosmetic curb rash. I got quotes ranging from $150 to $200 per wheel. So $600 for all four seems to be in line.

I decided to buy a nice used set instead, in a style that I like better than the OEM wheel. Bought a near-perfect set of four for $600, with half-used tires -- same $$ I would have paid to have my originals refinished.

There are deals out there on used wheels if you're not in a hurry -- CL, e-bay, or this forum. I saw a ton of used wheels for sale that were actually worse than mine, so it took me a while to find what I wanted, in excellent condition, close to home to avoid shipping costs.

GL whatever you decide to do.
      05-07-2013, 09:00 AM   #8
ellipsis212
I bought my ski mask in Aspen

Drives: MB 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
$150 per wheel is what I paid for straightening. For recon or paint that seems reasonable.
      05-07-2013, 04:07 PM   #9
iTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikaman View Post
I just went through this -- bought an E92 with mild curb rash on all 4 wheels. None were cracked, none appeared bent, no imbalance or vibration at any speed so I think it was just cosmetic curb rash. I got quotes ranging from $150 to $200 per wheel. So $600 for all four seems to be in line.

I decided to buy a nice used set instead, in a style that I like better than the OEM wheel. Bought a near-perfect set of four for $600, with half-used tires -- same $$ I would have paid to have my originals refinished.

There are deals out there on used wheels if you're not in a hurry -- CL, e-bay, or this forum. I saw a ton of used wheels for sale that were actually worse than mine, so it took me a while to find what I wanted, in excellent condition, close to home to avoid shipping costs.

GL whatever you decide to do.

I do get vibration at 80+ MPH but it could be the crappy RFTs.

Thanks for the advice guys!
      05-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #10
ragenitro6
Private First Class

Drives: 2007 328i pre LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTech View Post
Is $600 (quote from USA Wheels) a lot for all 4 wheels to be repaired? The front/back right side definitely need to be repaired since I brushed a curb in order to avoid rear ending someone that doesn't believe in brake lights.
Depends what you mean by 'repaired'?
I bought a set of 189's here locally and just had them powdercoated and they also sanded and fixed all the curb rash on them (and there was a fair amount of curb rash on all 4 wheels - but they are smooth as glass now around the edges where rash was)
My total was $85/wheel......came to $360+ w/tax...

If you mean 'repaired' as in they are severely bent, etc then $600 is probably in line

HTH
      05-08-2013, 08:58 PM   #11
._.
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragenitro6 View Post
Depends what you mean by 'repaired'?
I bought a set of 189's here locally and just had them powdercoated and they also sanded and fixed all the curb rash on them (and there was a fair amount of curb rash on all 4 wheels - but they are smooth as glass now around the edges where rash was)
My total was $85/wheel......came to $360+ w/tax...

If you mean 'repaired' as in they are severely bent, etc then $600 is probably in line

HTH
Where in FL are you? I am currently looking for a shop to powder coat my wheels.
      05-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #12
ragenitro6
Private First Class

Drives: 2007 328i pre LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by R 4 5 T 4 M 4 N View Post
Where in FL are you? I am currently looking for a shop to powder coat my wheels.
I'm in Jax - so we are a ways apart
The shop here I used (PowderTech Plus) did a GREAT job on them and very reasonable and quick turnaround time