E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (ALMS, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > Formula 1 Gran Premio De Espaņa 2013



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #45
Timujin
First Lieutenant
 
Timujin's Avatar
 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: California

Posts: 316
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335d  [3.75]
As I said before someone is going to get hurt with these sheety tires. Why would they waste so much rubber all over the world. Sheety clag all over the damn place. Delamination in F fkng 1??? Wtf. Please Bridgestone COME BACK!
that's all.

Great coverage here. Thanks.
__________________
Timujin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-14-2013, 08:37 AM   #46
W///
Brigadier General
 
W///'s Avatar
 
Drives: A22 E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

Posts: 3,752
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
and so the countdown begins on the inevitable Hamilton meltdown. My guess is either Budapest or Dubai (Mercedes usually manages to make slight improvements to the car over the break, but it doesn't last)
Too funny. Well I guess the honeymoon phase is over
__________________
2008 E92 M3: Sparkling Graphite | Bamboo Beige | 6MT | CF Roof | HRE | Eisenmann | BPM Sport | Swift | Arkym | Mode Carbon | M.Perf
W/// is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #47
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
 
E90SLAM's Avatar
 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

Posts: 60,886
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timujin View Post
As I said before someone is going to get hurt with these sheety tires. Why would they waste so much rubber all over the world. Sheety clag all over the damn place. Delamination in F fkng 1??? Wtf. Please Bridgestone COME BACK!
that's all.

Great coverage here. Thanks.
Simply because when Pirelli signed the contract when Bridgestone pulled out of F1. (F1 did not kick Bridgestone out, they chose to leave) Pirelli were asked to make less durable tires to make the show more exciting.
Thus in 2011, they introduced the tires and new ways to manage them.

Gone were the days of prime tires will last 55 out of 56 laps. Now we got a new steeper degradation called the "cliff".

However, with 4 stops being the quickest way and options only last 6 laps were too extreme. Thus Pirelli will change the structure of the tires in Canada.
If you remember 2010, even the Bridgestones had degradation issues in Montreal as well.
And there will be further changes to keep the race around 3 stop strategy in Silverstone.

However, more durable tires, seemed to benefit Mercedes and Red Bull as RBR is the most vocal about fragile tires. And Lotus will seemed to have their advantage taken away, unless they can manage to push from 3 stop to 2 stop without sacrifice too much pace.
__________________
E90SLAM is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      05-14-2013, 11:50 PM   #48
Timujin
First Lieutenant
 
Timujin's Avatar
 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: California

Posts: 316
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335d  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Simply because when Pirelli signed the contract when Bridgestone pulled out of F1. (F1 did not kick Bridgestone out, they chose to leave) Pirelli were asked to make less durable tires to make the show more exciting.
Thus in 2011, they introduced the tires and new ways to manage them.

Gone were the days of prime tires will last 55 out of 56 laps. Now we got a new steeper degradation called the "cliff".

However, with 4 stops being the quickest way and options only last 6 laps were too extreme. Thus Pirelli will change the structure of the tires in Canada.
If you remember 2010, even the Bridgestones had degradation issues in Montreal as well.
And there will be further changes to keep the race around 3 stop strategy in Silverstone.

However, more durable tires, seemed to benefit Mercedes and Red Bull as RBR is the most vocal about fragile tires. And Lotus will seemed to have their advantage taken away, unless they can manage to push from 3 stop to 2 stop without sacrifice too much pace.
Agreed. They had to do something before eau rouge came. It could get ugly.

Curious to see how Ferrari continues to do on this Italian tire I'm sure L.D.M. had nothing to do with Espana. Ciao.
__________________
Timujin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2013, 04:23 AM   #49
Nang Vann
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Nang Vann's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3, R35 GT-R
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Australia

Posts: 1,515
iTrader: (0)

C'mon Webbo, lets bring it home in Monaco!
Nang Vann is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #50
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
 
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 4,765
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timujin View Post
Agreed. They had to do something before eau rouge came. It could get ugly.

Curious to see how Ferrari continues to do on this Italian tire I'm sure L.D.M. had nothing to do with Espana. Ciao.
Oh PLEASE, give me a break. If you really think there's a conspiracy then why hasn't Ferrari won a single driver's or constructor's championship while Pirelli tires have been in use?
__________________
Stop putting stuff like painted reflectors and premium package in your signature. You're embarrassing.
TK-421 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #51
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
 
E90SLAM's Avatar
 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

Posts: 60,886
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timujin View Post
Agreed. They had to do something before eau rouge came. It could get ugly.

Curious to see how Ferrari continues to do on this Italian tire I'm sure L.D.M. had nothing to do with Espana. Ciao.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Oh PLEASE, give me a break. If you really think there's a conspiracy then why hasn't Ferrari won a single driver's or constructor's championship while Pirelli tires have been in use?
Don't forget Scuderia Ferrari hired Hirohide Hamashima, ex-Bridgestone Motorsport Tyre Development as their own in-house Tyre Development.

Ferrari understands no matter how good the car is, everything comes down to the black rubber meets the road. In Schumi age, they work closely with Bridgestone. And now they even hire the boss of Bridgestone Motorsport director. To use his knowledge to understand the most out of the new Pirelli tyres.
__________________
E90SLAM is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST