E90Post

GTB Performance

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Juice Box Stg 2 tests 12.9 @ 110.9mph on Racelogic Vbox.

09-16-2007, 03:29 PM   #23
zenmaster
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: '13 AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnj View Post
Gtech is just amazing for the price. The other products at the price range are just toys. Racelogic is for those who want to have the absolute truth and when the money is no object.
I agree - they have both an ARM processor and a TI C54 DSP on it - they did not cheap out on that product.
zenmaster is offline   United_States
      09-16-2007, 06:51 PM   #24
revah2
Lieutenant

Drives: 335i

This is all fine and dandy- but until i see other JB2 vs procede v1.47 comparisons, or hotrod running against someonelse with a juicebox then I'll have to hold on to my doubts
      09-16-2007, 09:01 PM   #25
hotrod182

Drives: 07 335i, 06 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by revah2 View Post
This is all fine and dandy- but until i see other JB2 vs procede v1.47 comparisons, or hotrod running against someonelse with a juicebox then I'll have to hold on to my doubts
Well, how about the fact that Catdog got simliar times to his 911S? (Around 12.70 @ 110mph.) Just take a look at dragtimes.com. You can see the one 335i (BMW Purist) who switched from Procede to JB2, not only did he equal the time/speeds of the Procede, but he exceeded them. He scanned the time slips if you want further proof:

http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW--335i-Drag-Racing.html

What else, you have to see it with your own eyes? Well, next time we will take a video, LOL. I guess if you want to be one of the blind leading the blind be my guest. But if you want to maybe see that there is some truth in this, just do some research. Of the top 6 times posted on drag times, 2 are Procede, 2 are Juicebox, 1 is Nitrous, and 1 is AA Exede. My trap speeds of 110+MPH would rank among the top. Personally, I have always thought that the Procede's dyno results should have translated more than just a couple MPH better than a stock 335i can run.

But all should be well for the Vishnu Groupies, with the Procede V2 out now, and a little more cost, they should finally be playing in a different ballpark. And I am trying to be as objective as possible. I have no brand allegiance. If I think Procede V2 will be the better alternative. Then I will get one and post my test results on that too. But of course I will research that too. Im actually quite impressed that the Procede trapped so high in our test with the VBox. It got within .50mph of my best run. So I respect that. And if someone can post a Vbox readout of the SSTT trapping close to 111mph, then I will be very impressed with that too. I WANT TO HEAR about people's experiences with all the different alternatives available out there. The JB2 has already proven its effectiveness with little or no downside. And its a bargain as an added bonus.

Last edited by hotrod182; 09-16-2007 at 10:38 PM.