E90Post
 


PYSPEED
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > LUX H8 V4 Offiicial Picture Thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-15-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
70


 
LuxAngelEyes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Haven, CT


Posts: 3,146
iTrader: (12)

LUX H8 V4 Offiicial Picture Thread

As the LUX H8 V4 lights are being delivered starting today, I wanted to make a place for everyone to post up their pictures and reviews. When posting pictures please try to include which color settings you have the lights on as well. Cant wait to see!
__________________

Special Announcement coming on Black Friday!!!
New LUX E90 LCI Halogen V2 | LUX E90 v5.2 | LUX Backup Lights GROUP BUY
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 12:18 PM   #2
jmftexas
Private
0

 
Drives: E92 335
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Texas


Posts: 69
iTrader: (0)

Mine are set to be delivered tomorrow, won't be able to install them until this weekend though.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 03:34 PM   #3
P Casey
Captain
8

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: San Antonio


Posts: 786
iTrader: (2)

[url=http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/pcasey27/media/Snapbucket/065CCEB2_zps2f2adf87.jpg.html][/

__________________
| BBS LM-R DBK | AA Race FMIC | AR DP | Cobb | AA BOV | KW Coils | Vangaurd V2 | M-Sport |
| K-Sport BBK | Exotic Speed CAI | Pro Tuned | Predator Orion V4 |

Last edited by P Casey; 05-15-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 02:08 AM   #4
johnnyboi418
Lieutenant
5

 
Drives: e90 335i Sedan 09
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NOR CAL


Posts: 430
iTrader: (6)

mooar picssss plsssssssss
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 06:34 AM   #5
insane79
Major
No_Country
17

 
insane79's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 lci
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Earth


Posts: 1,084
iTrader: (0)

does the H8 v4 light up the outer ring more then the v3??

Thanks..
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 07:30 AM   #6
bdotarena
Registered
0

 
Drives: 2010 328i xDrive SGM Sedan
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South Jersey


Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)

Got mine installed last night. Will post pics soon. I do have a question though. Is there a certain direction the bulb needs to be aligned? Seems like one part of my inner halo is super bright and the light doesn't transmit well to the outer halo. Sorry for the dumb question, I'm a first time owner.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 08:39 AM   #7
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
32

 
Drives: 2009 e90 2011 f10
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Clifton Park, NY


Posts: 3,280
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdotarena View Post
Got mine installed last night. Will post pics soon. I do have a question though. Is there a certain direction the bulb needs to be aligned? Seems like one part of my inner halo is super bright and the light doesn't transmit well to the outer halo. Sorry for the dumb question, I'm a first time owner.
thats the e90 for ya.. lets keep this thread to pics only.. search for your answer
__________________

2009 MBM 328| ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | CA | 6FL | NAV | XENONS | 18x8.5 VB3s ET30/25
2011 Jet Black 535i xdrive | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | 6FL | NAV | 331s Square
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 09:39 AM   #8
jmftexas
Private
0

 
Drives: E92 335
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Texas


Posts: 69
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Casey View Post
[url=http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/pcasey27/media/Snapbucket/065CCEB2_zps2f2adf87.jpg.html][/

Which color temp is that? You up in Stone Oak by any chance?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #9
P Casey
Captain
8

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: San Antonio


Posts: 786
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmftexas View Post
Which color temp is that? You up in Stone Oak by any chance?
It is 7800k.

Nice call! Yes I am in stone oak.
__________________
| BBS LM-R DBK | AA Race FMIC | AR DP | Cobb | AA BOV | KW Coils | Vangaurd V2 | M-Sport |
| K-Sport BBK | Exotic Speed CAI | Pro Tuned | Predator Orion V4 |
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #10
FormerRotor
Major
21

 
FormerRotor's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335d, M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MD


Posts: 1,464
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Casey View Post
[url=http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/pcasey27/media/Snapbucket/065CCEB2_zps2f2adf87.jpg.html][/

So in any of the pics I've seen from these so far, there seems to be a distinct blue portion on the inner ring. Is this camera magic or visible to the naked eye? Check out you passenger side inner in the 930-11 o'clock position as pictured above.

Either way, looking good boss!
__________________

My Picture Threads (Oldest to Newest): 1 2 3
Join BMW CCA! (Use my link and I get credit )
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 11:08 AM   #11
07tundra
Major
United_States
17

 
Drives: TUNDRA
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Mexico


Posts: 1,128
iTrader: (9)

How difficult are these to install
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #12
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
32

 
Drives: 2009 e90 2011 f10
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Clifton Park, NY


Posts: 3,280
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRotor View Post
So in any of the pics I've seen from these so far, there seems to be a distinct blue portion on the inner ring. Is this camera magic or visible to the naked eye? Check out you passenger side inner in the 930-11 o'clock position as pictured above.

Either way, looking good boss!
noticed as well. wonder whats going on. maybe on sale v3s are the best
__________________

2009 MBM 328| ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | CA | 6FL | NAV | XENONS | 18x8.5 VB3s ET30/25
2011 Jet Black 535i xdrive | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | 6FL | NAV | 331s Square
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #13
P Casey
Captain
8

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: San Antonio


Posts: 786
iTrader: (2)

These were very easy to install, for some reason they were 10x easier than installing previous ones. The blue is not visible when you are at around 5000k. This is at 7800k so it is going to be a little blue, the great part is it is easy to change color, just pop open and change.

__________________
| BBS LM-R DBK | AA Race FMIC | AR DP | Cobb | AA BOV | KW Coils | Vangaurd V2 | M-Sport |
| K-Sport BBK | Exotic Speed CAI | Pro Tuned | Predator Orion V4 |
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #14
Braumin
First Lieutenant
6

 
Drives: 2009 335i xDrive Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Regina, SK, CAN


Posts: 321
iTrader: (0)

Wow I almost picked up a set of v3s not that long ago I am sure glad I waited.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 07:12 PM   #15
MasterWang
Captain
13

 
Drives: 335i e92
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lawrence, KS


Posts: 740
iTrader: (2)

For those of you who have installed these already, how did you align the flat side of the heatsink? Is it completely horizontal when locked in?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #16
AndreyT
Captain
United_States
15

 
AndreyT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan, Sport
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Northern California


Posts: 963
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07tundra View Post
How difficult are these to install
Is this a question or a complaint?

The bulb housings are essentially the same as V3, so it is just a matter of squeezing your hand/fingers into the headlight to twist the bulb in.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 08:05 PM   #17
Otruba_843
Major
United_States
22

 
Otruba_843's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Charleston, SC


Posts: 1,457
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
Is this a question or a complaint?

The bulb housings are essentially the same as V3, so it is just a matter of squeezing your hand/fingers into the headlight to twist the bulb in.
They changed the shape of the back of the heat sink so you know what is the top and what is the bottom and how it will go in. It helps with the orientation alignment. Look at the bottom picture.
http://luxangeleyes.com/products/lux-h8-v4
__________________
2009 E90 328i Monaco Blue
premium/idrive/convience/logic-7/cold weather/ xenons/ saddle brown interior
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #18
mact3333
Captain
40

 
mact3333's Avatar
 
Drives: 11' Audi S4
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pacific NW


Posts: 781
iTrader: (1)

so nobody thought of snapping a pic after installing only one side with V4(assuming you have the V3 installed already)?????...we need side by side comparison pics...if I install mine(which is debatable), I will prob be at either 5700 or 6300K.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 08:42 PM   #19
MasterWang
Captain
13

 
Drives: 335i e92
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lawrence, KS


Posts: 740
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otruba_843 View Post
They changed the shape of the back of the heat sink so you know what is the top and what is the bottom and how it will go in. It helps with the orientation alignment. Look at the bottom picture.
http://luxangeleyes.com/products/lux-h8-v4
So the flat side is supposed to be parallel to the ground when it goes in? or when it is turned and locked?

I tried both and neither of them worked.

Woudn't go in when the flat side was horizontal, or when I turned it a bit then locked it, it would go past being parallel to the ground.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 08:48 PM   #20
bdotarena
Registered
0

 
Drives: 2010 328i xDrive SGM Sedan
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South Jersey


Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)

I went from stock halogen bulb to the LUX V4 set at 5200K. Impressed so far. Inner bulb looks good in daylight. Outer bulb is a little dim for my liking, but from what I've read, that's to be expected with the e90. I'm going to double check my alignment this weekend to see if that effects the outcome.

On a side note, I'm brand new to the world of BMW. Just bought this car two weeks ago. So glad I made this choice over the other cars I was looking at.
Attached Images
   

Last edited by bdotarena; 05-16-2013 at 08:54 PM. Reason: wrong temp on initial post
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 09:15 PM   #21
mact3333
Captain
40

 
mact3333's Avatar
 
Drives: 11' Audi S4
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pacific NW


Posts: 781
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdotarena View Post
I went from stock halogen bulb to the LUX V4 set at 5200K. Impressed so far. Inner bulb looks good in daylight. Outer bulb is a little dim for my liking, but from what I've read, that's to be expected with the e90. I'm going to double check my alignment this weekend to see if that effects the outcome.

On a side note, I'm brand new to the world of BMW. Just bought this car two weeks ago. So glad I made this choice over the other cars I was looking at.
look abit yellowish for my liking...try 5700 or 6300K.....

btw, I tried to take my V3's out today but they are like welded in there......gotta sell the V4's.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #22
MasterWang
Captain
13

 
Drives: 335i e92
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lawrence, KS


Posts: 740
iTrader: (2)

Here is a picture showing how much the flat sides of the heatsinks are tilted.

Did I install them wrong?
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST