E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > LUX H8 V4 Offiicial Picture Thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #155
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
LuxAngelEyes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Haven, CT

Posts: 3,017
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield View Post
looks great! as you can see in this picture, even the stock bulb has issues lighting up the outer ring. Because of that color temp, you can see it in the day. if lux made these any other color than pure white or a hint of blue, youd probably see them better. since we all want the new white light the LCI coupes have, they made these. The cons i see are price and hot spots, the flicker isnt a huge deal.

I like that lux is accepting refunds to unhappy customers. Thats a proper business mitigating the problems. I do however, find it hard to understand they never experienced the flickering. Did they not properly QA these on all cars they were building them for?
Your correct the outer rings are hard to view not only because of the color temperature, but also the physcial design of the ring. BMW designed these in such a way that if you view them from the side the ridges in back are not viewable, and thats what reflects the light outwards.

For the flickering, we honestly did not experience this in all the months of testing. Maybe it was the specific models we picked or the year of the cars, but we didn't find this out until after all the lights had been produced. We are of course looking to find a solution but its proving to be rather difficult. That said we do not have any information regarding a fix or a course of action even if we do.
LuxAngelEyes is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-09-2013, 02:05 AM   #156
iturbo_bmw
Lieutenant
 
iturbo_bmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335i e92
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 492
iTrader: (0)

This weekend I drove from the Bay Area to San Diego and during the drive my right AE kept turning off and I kept getting a error on my idrive. Could this be from the heat? It was like 95+ degrees most of the way. My drive was split into 3 3 hour segments. I didnt have any issues coming back up to the bay today though. Is heat a concern and when going on long drives in hot climate should I be turning my AE's off? I've never had any other issue with the v4s and have had them when they first came out
__________________
2009 335i e92 n54 | Alpine White w/ Coral Red | M Sport | AT w/ Alpina TCU Flash | JB4 G5 ISO | BMS flash| BMS DCI | VRSF DP | ETS 5" FMIC| ER Chargepipe | HKS BOV | TCK SA Coilovers | M3 control arms|
iturbo_bmw is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-13-2013, 10:53 AM   #157
P1et
Colonel
 
P1et's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 X5 | '11 135i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

Posts: 2,881
iTrader: (1)

I have a 2011 135i and a 2011 X5. Still very much on the fence whether "upgrading" the angel eyes will give me something that looks even remotely like the new LED coronas. My fear is that replacing them with some aftermarket is that it will end up looking cheap and AutoZone-ish.
P1et is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #158
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
LuxAngelEyes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Haven, CT

Posts: 3,017
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92_bmw View Post
This weekend I drove from the Bay Area to San Diego and during the drive my right AE kept turning off and I kept getting a error on my idrive. Could this be from the heat? It was like 95+ degrees most of the way. My drive was split into 3 3 hour segments. I didnt have any issues coming back up to the bay today though. Is heat a concern and when going on long drives in hot climate should I be turning my AE's off? I've never had any other issue with the v4s and have had them when they first came out
Please shoot me an e-mail so i can figure out whats going on and worse case scenario i'll get you a replacement set for no charge. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
I have a 2011 135i and a 2011 X5. Still very much on the fence whether "upgrading" the angel eyes will give me something that looks even remotely like the new LED coronas. My fear is that replacing them with some aftermarket is that it will end up looking cheap and AutoZone-ish.
These will absolutely not look cheep at all. We have been making angel eyes now for over 4 years and that is the last thing we would be looking for. The 5000K color is a pure white color and will make them look amazingly bright. The cooler color temperatures will give you some variety if you want as well. If for any reason you aren't happy as well we can accept these back for a $10 restocking fee.
LuxAngelEyes is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-16-2013, 01:48 PM   #159
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
LuxAngelEyes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Haven, CT

Posts: 3,017
iTrader: (11)

We will be at Bimmerfest East this year. Stop by for special pricing the day of the show!!
LuxAngelEyes is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #160
P Casey
Captain
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: San Antonio

Posts: 691
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Casey View Post
[url=http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/pcasey27/media/Snapbucket/065CCEB2_zps2f2adf87.jpg.html][/

This exact light went all dark blue last night and ended up getting pulled over. One side is fine but one light just basically is completely blue. Not sure what is going on.
__________________
| BBS LM-R DBK | AA Race FMIC | AR DP | Cobb | AA BOV | KW Coils | Vangaurd V2 | M-Sport |
| K-Sport BBK | Exotic Speed CAI | Pro Tuned | Predator Orion V4 |
P Casey is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #161
AndrewTRS
Registered
 
Drives: 2014 Mustang
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 1
iTrader: (0)

These look solid!
AndrewTRS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-17-2013, 11:13 AM   #162
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
LuxAngelEyes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Haven, CT

Posts: 3,017
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Casey View Post
This exact light went all dark blue last night and ended up getting pulled over. One side is fine but one light just basically is completely blue. Not sure what is going on.
Already responded via e-mail to you and we'll be getting a brand new one out to you in the mail.
LuxAngelEyes is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #163
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
LuxAngelEyes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Haven, CT

Posts: 3,017
iTrader: (11)

bump it up, looking more more pics from everyone
LuxAngelEyes is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2013, 03:44 PM   #164
rohitsja
MUHAAHAA
 
rohitsja's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NC

Posts: 346
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
bump it up, looking more more pics from everyone
Here's what mine looks like. I got these in June and couldn't be happier. I pretty much had the same doubt about the outer ring being not as bright but the distance thing actually works. One of my colleagues forced me to order from you guys and here are the results, its set at 5700K.

And for all you guys who are complaining about LUX bulbs, please return your bulbs, get your refund and buy some cheap stuff off of ebay. I guess that will make you happy and stop bitching.

And I read many people complaining about their AE's flickering while turning them ON/OFF and surprisiingly even LUX admitted to it but I would like to say that MINE DO NOT !!! knock wood for that
Attached Images
 
rohitsja is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #165
rohitsja
MUHAAHAA
 
rohitsja's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NC

Posts: 346
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitsja View Post
Here's what mine looks like. I got these in June and couldn't be happier. I pretty much had the same doubt about the outer ring being not as bright but the distance thing actually works. One of my colleagues forced me to order from you guys and here are the results, its set at 5700K.

And for all you guys who are complaining about LUX bulbs, please return your bulbs, get your refund and buy some cheap stuff off of ebay. I guess that will make you happy and stop bitching.

And I read many people complaining about their AE's flickering while turning them ON/OFF and surprisiingly even LUX admitted to it but I would like to say that MINE DO NOT !!! knock wood for that


would just like to add that I am standing really close though, I know I could have taken a better shot but this is what I have handy on my phone at this time
rohitsja is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #166
fasteddie222
Colonel
 
fasteddie222's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 e88 135i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Miami/Central Florida

Posts: 2,257
iTrader: (8)

Well after reading the 8 pages of this thread I am going to order the Lux v4 sometime this week. Props to Lux for answering questions!!! They seem like a great company that if you run into any problems with the lights they will respond and try to find solutions. Many other companies will not do this. This will be my first experience with lux and I will be sure to write a review after I order and intall the lights.
__________________
fasteddie222 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #167
Datsik
Lieutenant
 
Datsik's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Birmingham

Posts: 494
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
I have a 2011 135i and a 2011 X5. Still very much on the fence whether "upgrading" the angel eyes will give me something that looks even remotely like the new LED coronas. My fear is that replacing them with some aftermarket is that it will end up looking cheap and AutoZone-ish.
The lights themselves, once they are on, don't look cheap at all. It when you turn them on or off that they look cheap and noticeably aftermarket. It's just one of those things that you can either live with or not. Personally I was a little annoyed when I found out they pulse when turning on and off but it's not to big of a deal and to be honest anything beats the halogen.
__________________
2011 Alpine White/Black E90 M3 Competition, Technology, Premium Sound, Cold Weather, Comfort
Datsik is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2013, 12:48 PM   #168
P1et
Colonel
 
P1et's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 X5 | '11 135i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

Posts: 2,881
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsik 335 View Post
The lights themselves, once they are on, don't look cheap at all. It when you turn them on or off that they look cheap and noticeably aftermarket. It's just one of those things that you can either live with or not. Personally I was a little annoyed when I found out they pulse when turning on and off but it's not to big of a deal and to be honest anything beats the halogen.
I bought the PIAA H8 halogen 4150K bulbs. I skipped the headaches and lack of outer ring illumination that the LEDs bring and it knocks the yellow out of what the OEM bulbs had. Done for $70.
P1et is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #169
rantheman
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2010 bmw 335i m sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Oregon

Posts: 118
iTrader: (0)

here is mine not the greatest pics but really like mine on 5200k


__________________
2010 BMW 335i m sport weathertech floor mats LUX H8 V4,high permance bulbs interior lights
AV 19x10et38 275/30r19 Michelin pilot as/3 19x9et35 245/35r19
rantheman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-12-2013, 12:53 AM   #170
CoastsideE90
Private
 
CoastsideE90's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 335i
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Pebble Beach, CA

Posts: 61
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
I bought the PIAA H8 halogen 4150K bulbs. I skipped the headaches and lack of outer ring illumination that the LEDs bring and it knocks the yellow out of what the OEM bulbs had. Done for $70.
Can you post some pics?
__________________

2010 E90 335i | Alpine White/Saddle/Light Walnut | ZSP, ZPP, ZCW
CoastsideE90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-12-2013, 08:20 AM   #171
P1et
Colonel
 
P1et's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 X5 | '11 135i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

Posts: 2,881
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastsideE90 View Post
Can you post some pics?
Here you go: http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=871192
P1et is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #172
insane79
Major
 
insane79's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 lci
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Earth

Posts: 1,078
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
very interesting, it looks pretty good & amazing for the price but who knows if the results will be same for the e90?
insane79 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #173
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
LuxAngelEyes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Haven, CT

Posts: 3,017
iTrader: (11)

Halogen bulbs do look better then stock, however they will always have a odd hue to them since its a yellow bulb with a blue coating on it.
LuxAngelEyes is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #174
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
LuxAngelEyes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Haven, CT

Posts: 3,017
iTrader: (11)

Starting 9/2/2013 the LUX H8 V4 angel eyes are on sale for $225 + Shipping. All orders are ready to go out in the mail right away!! Please PM us for any questions
LuxAngelEyes is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #175
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
LuxAngelEyes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Haven, CT

Posts: 3,017
iTrader: (11)

Bump it up! Lots of lights out in the mail so lets see them
LuxAngelEyes is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #176
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
LuxAngelEyes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Haven, CT

Posts: 3,017
iTrader: (11)

Just wanted to post up a few more pictures from our friend Scott M. Thanks again for the awesome shots!



LuxAngelEyes is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST