E90Post

GTB Performance

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Help!! Plzz battery install problem

05-15-2013, 08:16 PM   #1
M3_wannabe
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 08 135i

Help!! Plzz battery install problem

Hey guys so my 08 528i I just bought was kind of hesitant to crank up so I got the battery checked and what do you know I needed a new battery no biggie. Now when I installed the new batter everything works fine other then about 2 or 3 things

1. No power window switches work
2. Electric system malfunction
3. And my alarm doesn't make any noise when I open or close the doors and the doors don't open or close.

The new battery has helped with the initial problem the car starts up quick now and everything else works and drives perfectly help please!!!'

And I put it on this forum because the 5 series forum is dead they have like a new post every other day I was just hoping to get se insight please

Oh and this all happened at a local auto part store and the guy there called a bmw mechanic he knew which brought a tuner type thing for the obd and it doesn't even turn on when he plugs it in?? Tommorow I will be going to him to further diagnosis he said he should be able to fix it, and help guys? Please
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 08:17 PM   #2
M3_wannabe
First Lieutenant
Rep

Idk why I said please so much lol I'm just so down I just spent $400 to get it completely paint corrected and everything and then this had to happen of course my luck
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 08:21 PM   #3
M3_wannabe
First Lieutenant
Rep

I'm guessing the guy at autozone was an idiot and fucked up my car he did put in something before to save the memory but that's about it
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 11:34 PM   #4
nate5ks
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi

"Saving memory" is not required during a battery swap. If the battery you got has similar ratings just swapping them should not have been an issue. That BMW mechanic was probably attempting to register your new battery. There is no reason why changing your battery should have affected those things unless that mechanic did something when he plugged his tool into your car. You can even put off registration for awhile if the replacement is of a similar rating. If you happen to come up to Jax anytime soon let me know and I might be able to help you out.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 05:53 AM   #5
Efthreeoh
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90

You probably just need to reset some of the electrical functions. Attached is the E90 Battery installation procedure. I'm not sure if it is strictly applicable to your 528, but usually BMW uses a lot of the same hardware and software between the 3 and the 5. This is the official BMW procedure from the TIS. The procedures to reset electrical functions are in it.

Good luck.

P.S. Never let anyone from Autozone or Jiffy Lube do anything to your BMW. Only let BMW-trained techs touch it. Anyone else will eff it up. Hopefully the Autozone battery salesman didn't break the car's IBS.
Attached Files
File Type: doc E90 Battery.doc (421.5 KB, 57 views)
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #6
M3_wannabe
First Lieutenant
Rep

yea i took it to a performance shop and they said all the fuses are good and they registered the battery so supposively exchanging the battery i guess messed up a module?? they said only bmw can fix it so i got an appointment on monday with them and my 2 rear windows wont go up at all till then -__- he said the fuses are all good like i said so yea fml lol
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 01:15 PM   #7
M3_wannabe
First Lieutenant
Rep

i hate the bmw stealership for real im about to get super taxed i bet
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 10:23 PM   #8
nate5ks
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi

If the fuses are all fine, changing your battery would have had no permanent effect on your modules. It sounds like the coding of the FRM or the CAS got thrown out of whack. I can send you a cable and recode them through the internet.
Appreciate 0