E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > What Happened, Mr. President?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #45
AndreyT
Captain
 
AndreyT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan, Sport
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Northern California

Posts: 940
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Your posts (including the previous one) are making no sense.
(That's what she said when she read my posts in an Applied Mathematics forum )

On a more serious note, that's my point exactly! As I said above "...the head of the typical victim contains defensive elements deliberately designed to reject all forms of education, as we can easily observe on the examples so abundant in this very thread".
AndreyT is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2013, 06:28 PM   #46
F1Venom
Captain
 
Drives: ZCP E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA

Posts: 813
iTrader: (0)

Too bad for your claim because the US has the best doctors and scientists in the world.
F1Venom is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #47
AndreyT
Captain
 
AndreyT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan, Sport
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Northern California

Posts: 940
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
Too bad for your claim because the US has the best doctors and scientists in the world.
Europe has the best doctors in the world.

As for best scientists - I wholeheartedly agree. I'm one of them. But that's not the point. The point is that overwhelming majority of these scientists were educated in Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, China... you get the point. The very existence of USA is critically reliant on its ability to find healthy and educated professionals abroad and convince them to come and apply their skills here. It has to be done continuously, in a steady stream. But I don't see this as a sustainable strategy. This country is not made of rubber, you know.
AndreyT is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #48
F1Venom
Captain
 
Drives: ZCP E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA

Posts: 813
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
Europe has the best doctors in the world.

As for scientists, I agree. But that's not the point. The point is that overwhelming majority of these scientists were educated in Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, China and so on.
Nope. All the good doctors from Europe immigrated to the US.
F1Venom is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #49
AndreyT
Captain
 
AndreyT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan, Sport
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Northern California

Posts: 940
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
Nope. All the good doctors from Europe immigrated to the US.
False. Good doctors from Europe agree to visit US from time to time, if you make it worth their while. I had a chance to observe the entire process firsthand about half a year ago. But most of the time people of US travel to Europe to get quality medical service. Another thing that hits the eye is how much better European medical equipment is.

As for doctors themselves - they prefer to work in Moscow these days. After all, it is the richest place on the planet.

Last edited by AndreyT; 06-06-2013 at 07:12 PM.
AndreyT is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2013, 09:45 PM   #50
amanda hor$t
Banned
 
Drives: a380
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ny ny

Posts: 208
iTrader: (0)

as much as china copies, they're doing a lot with biotech (e.g. stem cells, which americans think is wrong). so america will continue to research drugs and radiation while china is pushing forward with stem cells. it'll be interesting to see where each goes but i think china has this one. they're also doing alot with genetics, actually creating chimeras in labs. it's all research that has a lot of potential.

ever been to a chinese restaurant in hong kong? not even the same level as the best stuff in l.a. you don't immigrate when you're doing well.

i would not mind seeing a hospital cruise ship off the coast of l.a.
amanda hor$t is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #51
F1Venom
Captain
 
Drives: ZCP E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA

Posts: 813
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
False. Good doctors from Europe agree to visit US from time to time, if you make it worth their while. I had a chance to observe the entire process firsthand about half a year ago. But most of the time people of US travel to Europe to get quality medical service. Another thing that hits the eye is how much better European medical equipment is.

As for doctors themselves - they prefer to work in Moscow these days. After all, it is the richest place on the planet.
You cannot be serious..... Anyway, if you miss Mother Russia so much, here's something that should cheer you up.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...iants-nsa-data
F1Venom is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #52
amanda hor$t
Banned
 
Drives: a380
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ny ny

Posts: 208
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
You cannot be serious..... Anyway, if you miss Mother Russia so much, here's something that should cheer you up.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...iants-nsa-data
can't say i'm surprised. you should assume that if it's on the network, someone can see it (even after you delete it)
amanda hor$t is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2013, 10:55 PM   #53
AndreyT
Captain
 
AndreyT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan, Sport
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Northern California

Posts: 940
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
You cannot be serious..... Anyway, if you miss Mother Russia so much, here's something that should cheer you up.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...iants-nsa-data
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make with that link, dear F1Venom (if that's your real name). Did you somehow believe that this forum here is some sort of stealthy secret society or something? I hate to be the one to burst your roleplaying bubble, but everything we write here is openly accessible to everyone and their mother. There's no need for any PRISMs for that. It is immediately and easily searchable by any search engine. The purpose of programs like that PRISM (if it actually exists) is to read the emails in your GMail and the docs on your Google Drive.

But what interests me even more is what exactly did you find in the linked article that you didn't know before? In other words, where's the news?

Please, enlighten us.

Last edited by AndreyT; 06-06-2013 at 11:03 PM.
AndreyT is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2013, 11:36 PM   #54
bbbbmw
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

Posts: 569
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Your posts (including the previous one) are making no sense.
(That's what she said when she read my posts in an Applied Mathematics forum )

On a more serious note, that's my point exactly! As I said above "...the head of the typical victim contains defensive elements deliberately designed to reject all forms of education, as we can easily observe on the examples so abundant in this very thread".

You still make no sense..
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
bbbbmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #55
amanda hor$t
Banned
 
Drives: a380
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ny ny

Posts: 208
iTrader: (0)

amanda hor$t is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #56
bbbbmw
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

Posts: 569
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Grubba Balls
as much as china copies, they're doing a lot with biotech (e.g. stem cells, which americans think is wrong). so america will continue to research drugs and radiation while china is pushing forward with stem cells. it'll be interesting to see where each goes but i think china has this one. they're also doing alot with genetics, actually creating chimeras in labs. it's all research that has a lot of potential.

ever been to a chinese restaurant in hong kong? not even the same level as the best stuff in l.a. you don't immigrate when you're doing well.

i would not mind seeing a hospital cruise ship off the coast of l.a.

There is a lot going on with stem cell research and actual treatment in the US. It's federally funded research using stem cells from human fetuses that doesn't fly in the US. But there are many other sources of stem cells that we are working with in the US.
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
bbbbmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #57
Datsik
Lieutenant
 
Datsik's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Birmingham

Posts: 516
iTrader: (3)

The only reason people turn I blind eye to all these scandals is because there isn't enough people who will stand up and hold the Obama Administration accountable for what they do. Obama was reelected simply because he promised handouts, welfare, and other incentive programs to the lower class. People voted for Obama not because of his policies or he's views but because they knew they would get stuff. Like a person holding meat in front of a dog he's trained them to do what he says and ask no questions in return of handouts.

The American notion, that was so alive in the 50s, of hard work and determination that would lead to success and prosperity, simply put, is dead. No one wants to work for anything anymore, they just look for the easiest way out, something Obama capitalized on and won the election because of.

This term just signifies that America is dying. There are to many people mooching of the productive people in society. Look at what New York did, they try and increase taxes the productive, upper class and big business to "redistribute wealth to those less fortunate" and now they have the "bring your business back to New York please we've changed" ads because those productive people and businesses left. Obama is trying to turn the country communist and sadly it appears to be working. Simply put there are more takers then makers in our society now and unless something drastic happens to reverse this cycle we are doomed.

Not to mention the joke of a higher education system in which "professors" spew left-wing propaganda in the hopes of turning students into brainwashed robots that cannot think for themselves and simply regurgitate there ideals. Sadly this works all to often and people are simply get through college not on their merit or abilities but because they are minorities.

America is stuck in this idea of "white guilt" were the productive, hard working, people who became successful because of their drive, motivation, and determination are now looked down on, and those who do nothing to contribute to the betterment of society are glorified. The government should strive to make people more productive and offer opportunities for businesses to thrive, after all this is how countries prosper, but instead they continue to keep people in their comatose state were they expect and need the government to do everything for them in return for their vote.
__________________
2011 Alpine White/Black E90 M3 Competition, Technology, Premium Sound, Cold Weather, Comfort
Datsik is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #58
amanda hor$t
Banned
 
Drives: a380
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ny ny

Posts: 208
iTrader: (0)

^ my theory is that america will become the next india (tons of poor people with a really rich ruling class)
amanda hor$t is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #59
bbbbmw
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

Posts: 569
iTrader: (0)

Interesting article about the higher tax rates in the 1950's

http://www.aei-ideas.org/2012/04/why-we-cant-go-back-to-sky-high-1950s-tax-rates/#mbl

What they say about loopholes makes me think of the ALternative Minimum Tax, instituted in 1970. Because it doesn't adjust for inflation, many of us pay much higher taxes.
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
bbbbmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2013, 09:04 AM   #60
bbbbmw
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

Posts: 569
iTrader: (0)

Completely agree about loopholes. But the perception that oil companies are subsidized is incorrect (although trumpeted over and over by the current administration):

http://m.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/the_prez_oil_tax_break_lies_Y2Yj6KCU9QIO0BKHs1Be7M

http://www.forbes.com/sites/energysource/2012/04/25/the-surprising-reason-that-oil-subsidies-persist-even-liberals-love-them/
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
bbbbmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #61
bbbbmw
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

Posts: 569
iTrader: (0)

Anything from the ny post should be dismissed without reading it IMHO.

The Forbes article is interesting, but confirms that they do in fact receive subsidies. But I agree, the democrats are equally to blame for this. To me both parties are the same bunch of crooks and liars.

The current administration is a shit show.... at least we are all in the same meta database now. [/quote]


The primary "subsidy" for oil companies is the same tax deductions that any manufacturer gets - things like the cost of labor and other expense deductions. The oil companies also pay an average of 41% of their net income in taxes, vs. 26.5% for the S&P 500. I am amazed, however, that anyone is surprised at the price of gas today, when candidate Obama said he had no problem with gas at $4/gal, and that energy prices would "necessarily skyrocket" under his plan. His Energy Secretary said he wanted to see our energy prices like that of Europe.

I'm not pro or con for the oil companies, but like the big Pharma companies, they have become a political target to try and gain votes.

Also agree about the current administration - what a mess.
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
bbbbmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #62
E90-F30
Allen
 
E90-F30's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AUDI S4 6MT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Syracuse, NY

Posts: 115
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
In Karl Marx's Communist Manifesto, I believe he said he Communism could infiltrate and start a war without a bomb ever going off...

Just read through some of these goals that communists have had since '63.


The communist goals as entered into the Congressional record in 1963

1) US acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.



2) US willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.



3) Develop the illusion that total disarmament by the US would be a demonstration of "moral strength."



4) Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.



5) Extension of long term loans to Russia and Soviet Satellites.



6) Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.



7) Grant recognition of Red China, and admission of Red China to the UN.



8) Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev's promise in 1955 to settle the Germany question by free elections under supervision of the UN.



9) Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the US has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.



10) Allow all Soviet Satellites individual representation in the UN.



11) Promote the UN as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the UN as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo).



12) Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.



13) Do away with loyalty oaths.



14) Continue giving Russia access to the US Patent Office.



15) Capture one or both of the political parties in the US.



16) Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions, by claiming their activities violate civil rights.



17) Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for Socialism, and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers associations. Put the party line in text books.



18) Gain control of all student newspapers.



19) Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.



20) Infiltrate the press. Get control of book review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions.



21) Gain control of key positions in radio, TV & motion pictures.



22) Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all form of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings," substitute shapeless, awkward, and meaningless forms.



23) Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art."



24) Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.



25) Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography, and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio and TV.



26) Present homosexuality, degeneracy, and promiscuity as "normal, natural, and healthy."



27) Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a "religious crutch."



28) Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the grounds that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."



29) Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.



30) Discredit the American founding fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man".



31) Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of "the big picture": Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.



32) Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture - - education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.



33) Eliminate all laws or procedures, which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.



34) Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities. 35) Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.



36) Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.



37) Infiltrate and gain control of big business.



38) Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand or treat.



39) Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.



40) Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.



41) Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.



42) Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special interest groups should rise up and make a "united force" to solve economic, political, or social problems.


43) Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.


44) Internationalize the Panama Canal.



45) Repeal the Connally Reservation so the US can not prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction over nations and individuals alike
__________________
Current Vehicle(s): 2013 Silver AUDI S4 6MT | 2012 AW F10 535i xDrive Loaded
E90-F30 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #63
amanda hor$t
Banned
 
Drives: a380
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ny ny

Posts: 208
iTrader: (0)

and then the chinese picked up ed snowden



anybody want to guess what he's doing now/next?

Last edited by amanda hor$t; 06-11-2013 at 05:37 AM.
amanda hor$t is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #64
bimmerjph
Lieutenant Colonel
 
bimmerjph's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 BMW 325i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tennessee

Posts: 1,974
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90-F30
In Karl Marx's Communist Manifesto, I believe he said he Communism could infiltrate and start a war without a bomb ever going off...

Just read through some of these goals that communists have had since '63.


The communist goals as entered into the Congressional record in 1963

1) US acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.



2) US willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.



3) Develop the illusion that total disarmament by the US would be a demonstration of "moral strength."



4) Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.



5) Extension of long term loans to Russia and Soviet Satellites.



6) Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.



7) Grant recognition of Red China, and admission of Red China to the UN.



8) Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev's promise in 1955 to settle the Germany question by free elections under supervision of the UN.



9) Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the US has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.



10) Allow all Soviet Satellites individual representation in the UN.



11) Promote the UN as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the UN as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo).



12) Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.



13) Do away with loyalty oaths.



14) Continue giving Russia access to the US Patent Office.



15) Capture one or both of the political parties in the US.



16) Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions, by claiming their activities violate civil rights.



17) Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for Socialism, and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers associations. Put the party line in text books.



18) Gain control of all student newspapers.



19) Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.



20) Infiltrate the press. Get control of book review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions.



21) Gain control of key positions in radio, TV & motion pictures.



22) Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all form of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings," substitute shapeless, awkward, and meaningless forms.



23) Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art."



24) Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.



25) Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography, and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio and TV.



26) Present homosexuality, degeneracy, and promiscuity as "normal, natural, and healthy."



27) Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a "religious crutch."



28) Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the grounds that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."



29) Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.



30) Discredit the American founding fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man".



31) Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of "the big picture": Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.



32) Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture - - education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.



33) Eliminate all laws or procedures, which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.



34) Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities. 35) Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.



36) Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.



37) Infiltrate and gain control of big business.



38) Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand or treat.



39) Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.



40) Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.



41) Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.



42) Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special interest groups should rise up and make a "united force" to solve economic, political, or social problems.


43) Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.


44) Internationalize the Panama Canal.



45) Repeal the Connally Reservation so the US can not prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction over nations and individuals alike
While I agree many of those things are happening, your background is a little misleading. Those "goals" were part of a book called The Naked Communist. This book was written by Cleon Skousen (a Christian Conservative) as a theory on how communists could take over the US. The list of goals were read aloud in Congress by Albert S. Herlong Jr, a Democrat from Flordia. From what I gather this was done as a scare tactic to rile people against communism. It was not a declared set of goals by any communist movement in the United States.

That being said though, nearly all of those things have happened or are happening right now.
bimmerjph is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-24-2013, 01:21 AM   #65
ecleland
First Lieutenant
 
ecleland's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335d (sold)
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Texas

Posts: 377
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 BMW X5  [0.00]
2008 Mini  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mss396 View Post
You have to remember that AndreyT is a product of the old USSR and was probably brain washed by the KGB...
In the Free World this alleged "KGB brainwashing" is actually called education. Education is the ultimate enemy of indoctrination, which is why indoctrinating regimes are afraid of education so much. And this is why the standard indoctrination package uploaded into the head of the typical victim contains defensive elements deliberately designed to reject all forms of education, as we can easily observe on the examples so abundant in this very thread. Branding it as "KGB brainwashing" is the simplest form of anti-educational reaction.

You might have read about a more complicated form of it a few years ago, when several scientists (Asian, if I remember correctly) published a rather brilliant research they performed on people living under indoctrinating regimes. According to that research, attempts to confront an indoctrinated individual with facts that contradict his/her invalid beliefs most of the time only serves to reinforce his/her beliefs. The paper had such a worldwide resonance that it was even all over the news in USA for a few days. I'm sure many of you might remember it, if only because it was widely discussed in various "off-topic" and "political" forums around the Net. It was revealed later that they researched US society specifically, but they politely decided not brandish that fact in the paper. (Otherwise, of course, we'd never hear about it in the US media.) This is another example of how the anti-educational conditioning works.

The victims are indeed trained to know nothing, yet to be extremely confident in their ignorance. Scientists recognize the concept of "confident ignorance" as a fundamental defining property of the society formed under the US propaganda dome. This is, BTW, what John Kerry once referred as "know-nothingism" - something I'm sure you all remember.
Sounds as if you have diagnosed your own problem, now you only have to accept the fact;-)
ecleland is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST