E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > ISID v3.1 ISTA D+P for E90



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-17-2013, 08:14 PM   #1
Sensible_
Lieutenant
16
Rep
583
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (1)

Arrow ISID v3.1 ISTA D+P for E90

Just thought I'd share what i'm using for the majority of my stuff now. I trying to ditch BMW Standard Tools in favour of ISID.

So, I found an ISID VM on torrent v3.1 which I have tweaked to make it alot smaller than the original 100gb, improved performance and have updated it with E89 V49.1 files. (Couldnt find V49.3). To make the VM small enough to share have removed ECU data for ALL other models. So this can only be used with the E90.

If you wish to reinstall data for other models simply add the files by mounting the VM in a nix distro or using something like winmount on wndows. Then copy the sp-daten folders into the directory below.

apps/BMW/services/ecudata/[your model number]

This VM has both Diagnostics ISTA/D and Programming ISTA/P installed. When run, ISTA/P loads first followed by ISTA/D - be patient.

------------

I have only tested this VM myself and for me it is working great for my needs. It works with ICOM Emulator + K+DCAN Cable, ICOM clone and real ICOM.

You may also wish to modify the VM settings, specifically the allocated ram to the guest machine. I have set it at 2gb as this is seems optimal for my 5gb Alienware M15x.

You may also notice an 'HDD Monitoring' warning. This is because I reduced the size of the VM HDD to make it easier to share. This has not caused my an issue.

If you find you need extra HDD pace on the VMDK just run it through VMWare Converter.



Rapidshare links in txt file. 26gb Approx.
Torrent Magnet Link
Password: e90post
Attached Files
File Type: txt ISID_31_E89v49-1_ISTA-D-P.txt (1.7 KB, 1703 views)

Last edited by Sensible_; 05-17-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 10:40 PM   #2
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
cn555ic's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
18,287
Posts


 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
I just look at the text notepad for rapidshare and it looks as though there are two files numbered 12. How is this ever going to extract!! Question. I downloaded the first two files and its not even winrar or winzip. How do you extract this???

Last edited by cn555ic; 05-17-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 10:55 PM   #3
Sensible_
Lieutenant
16
Rep
583
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
I just look at the text notepad for rapidshare and it looks as though there are two files numbered 12. How is this ever going to extract!! Question. I downloaded the first two files and its not even winrar or winzip. How do you extract this???
I must have uploaded part 12 twice. Ill change it. Thanks for the heads up.

The compression tool used was 7zip - its free and widely known as one of the best compression tools on offer which is why i used it. Because the vmdk is so large it make perfect sense to split the archive into several sections so that if you lose connection whilst downloading you dont lose everything...

Once all downloaded, just extract part001 and it will do everything automatically.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 11:13 PM   #4
nate5ks
Captain
United_States
8
Rep
620
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL

iTrader: (0)

Thanks a lot!!! I'll seed as long as anybody needs it and get on that Daten v.49.3. How's that ICOM Emulator coming?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2013, 01:47 AM   #5
makkan00
Major General
makkan00's Avatar
United Kingdom
122
Rep
7,538
Posts

 
Drives: F10
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

iTrader: (48)

Sensible
I wish you had done it few months ago. I had to pay premium to buy icom and to pay for these images.

And I have hardly used it.

Do you know if you can update a single module with ISAT/P? (without connecting ICOM to Winkfp).
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2013, 03:59 AM   #6
Sensible_
Lieutenant
16
Rep
583
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_
Just thought I'd share what i'm using for the majority of my stuff now. I trying to ditch BMW Standard Tools in favour of ISID.

So, I found an ISID VM on torrent v3.1 which I have tweaked to make it alot smaller than the original 100gb, improved performance and have updated it with E89 V49.1 files. (Couldnt find V49.3). To make the VM small enough to share have removed ECU data for ALL other models. So this can only be used with the E90.

If you wish to reinstall data for other models simply add the files by mounting the VM in a nix distro or using something like winmount on wndows. Then copy the sp-daten folders into the directory below.

apps/BMW/services/ecudata/[your model number]

This VM has both Diagnostics ISTA/D and Programming ISTA/P installed. When run, ISTA/P loads first followed by ISTA/D - be patient.

------------

I have only tested this VM myself and for me it is working great for my needs. It works with ICOM Emulator + K+DCAN Cable, ICOM clone and real ICOM.

You may also wish to modify the VM settings, specifically the allocated ram to the guest machine. I have set it at 2gb as this is seems optimal for my 5gb Alienware M15x.

You may also notice an 'HDD Monitoring' warning. This is because I reduced the size of the VM HDD to make it easier to share. This has not caused my an issue.

If you find you need extra HDD pace on the VMDK just run it through VMWare Converter.



Rapidshare links in txt file. 26gb Approx.
Torrent Magnet Link
Password: e90post
You bought the real icom unit? Trust me, I'd rather have that. ICOM emulator has its limitations. You could easily sell the ICOM on

I am looking into the ability to update 1 module at a time. It's not possible at the moment but I plan on making some 'home made' tweaks to the application anyway. This is my top priority.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2013, 04:47 AM   #7
makkan00
Major General
makkan00's Avatar
United Kingdom
122
Rep
7,538
Posts

 
Drives: F10
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

iTrader: (48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_
Just thought I'd share what i'm using for the majority of my stuff now. I trying to ditch BMW Standard Tools in favour of ISID.

So, I found an ISID VM on torrent v3.1 which I have tweaked to make it alot smaller than the original 100gb, improved performance and have updated it with E89 V49.1 files. (Couldnt find V49.3). To make the VM small enough to share have removed ECU data for ALL other models. So this can only be used with the E90.

If you wish to reinstall data for other models simply add the files by mounting the VM in a nix distro or using something like winmount on wndows. Then copy the sp-daten folders into the directory below.

apps/BMW/services/ecudata/[your model number]

This VM has both Diagnostics ISTA/D and Programming ISTA/P installed. When run, ISTA/P loads first followed by ISTA/D - be patient.

------------

I have only tested this VM myself and for me it is working great for my needs. It works with ICOM Emulator + K+DCAN Cable, ICOM clone and real ICOM.

You may also wish to modify the VM settings, specifically the allocated ram to the guest machine. I have set it at 2gb as this is seems optimal for my 5gb Alienware M15x.

You may also notice an 'HDD Monitoring' warning. This is because I reduced the size of the VM HDD to make it easier to share. This has not caused my an issue.

If you find you need extra HDD pace on the VMDK just run it through VMWare Converter.



Rapidshare links in txt file. 26gb Approx.
Torrent Magnet Link
Password: e90post
You bought the real icom unit? Trust me, I'd rather have that. ICOM emulator has its limitations. You could easily sell the ICOM on

I am looking into the ability to update 1 module at a time. It's not possible at the moment but I plan on making some 'home made' tweaks to the application anyway. This is my top priority.
I guess you can use Icom with winkpf to update a single module.
Search for
- iradar
- easy connect

And then you can flash single module using winkfp with icom.
Problem is that few people have bricked their cic. Not sure if that is due to using wrong sequence of updating / or not using Icom B.

Awaiting for your updates to tweak the single module at a time.

Kudos to you to be brave and share this. People are greedy and I had to shell money to buy these vm.

If you get time, can you kindly make a diy (with screen shots) how to update your files in vm.
Thanks.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2013, 05:23 AM   #8
Sensible_
Lieutenant
16
Rep
583
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (1)

Winkfp is still a great tool. I use it frequently. I like updating with ISTA though. It makes me feel like BMW programming have moved into the 21st century over BMW Standard tools.

I don't agree with selling VMs
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2013, 06:59 AM   #9
makkan00
Major General
makkan00's Avatar
United Kingdom
122
Rep
7,538
Posts

 
Drives: F10
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

iTrader: (48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
Winkfp is still a great tool. I use it frequently. I like updating with ISTA though. It makes me feel like BMW programming have moved into the 21st century over BMW Standard tools.
I am yet to update my DME and I have been told that it should be done with ICOM B (MOST connector). Have you upgrade your DME with K+Dcan cable?

The only disadvantage, I see with ISTA is that it does not allow you single module upgrading (unless I am wrong). I think the way around is to show ISTA that you are replacing that module, but not sure if that work.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2013, 06:59 AM   #10
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
cn555ic's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
18,287
Posts


 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
I must have uploaded part 12 twice. Ill change it. Thanks for the heads up.

The compression tool used was 7zip - its free and widely known as one of the best compression tools on offer which is why i used it. Because the vmdk is so large it make perfect sense to split the archive into several sections so that if you lose connection whilst downloading you dont lose everything...

Once all downloaded, just extract part001 and it will do everything automatically.
Okay. But there is the thing. I have downloaded many software before and usually see the compression tool used on the first download. Here I don't see it and when I right click it it doesn't even Have a prompt to extract using winzip. It does have choices to compress it. Am I
Missing something ??? Any ideas
I will take a pic of it. This is the first I have seen this

Last edited by cn555ic; 05-18-2013 at 07:08 AM.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2013, 07:37 AM   #11
makkan00
Major General
makkan00's Avatar
United Kingdom
122
Rep
7,538
Posts

 
Drives: F10
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

iTrader: (48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Okay. But there is the thing. I have downloaded many software before and usually see the compression tool used on the first download. Here I don't see it and when I right click it it doesn't even Have a prompt to extract using winzip. It does have choices to compress it. Am I
Missing something ??? Any ideas
I will take a pic of it. This is the first I have seen this
Use Zip genius.

When you have all the files, just right click on that file and open / extract it with zip genius.

HTH.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2013, 08:10 AM   #12
Sensible_
Lieutenant
16
Rep
583
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Okay. But there is the thing. I have downloaded many software before and usually see the compression tool used on the first download. Here I don't see it and when I right click it it doesn't even Have a prompt to extract using winzip. It does have choices to compress it. Am I
Missing something ??? Any ideas
I will take a pic of it. This is the first I have seen this
Just google 7zip - its like worlds most used compression tool now. It compresses in many formats but 7zip LZMA2 is best for vmdk compression.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #13
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
cn555ic's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
18,287
Posts


 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
Just google 7zip - its like worlds most used compression tool now. It compresses in many formats but 7zip LZMA2 is best for vmdk compression.
Lol. I have 7zip. The file doesn't have a winzip compress Icon. Guys this is not my first time downloading stuff. Can anyone confirm if it can extract??

Notice it doesnt even have a winzip icon on any of the files...
Attached Images
 

Last edited by cn555ic; 05-18-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2013, 08:34 AM   #14
makkan00
Major General
makkan00's Avatar
United Kingdom
122
Rep
7,538
Posts

 
Drives: F10
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

iTrader: (48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
Just google 7zip - its like worlds most used compression tool now. It compresses in many formats but 7zip LZMA2 is best for vmdk compression.
Lol. I have 7zip. The file doesn't have a winzip compress Icon. Guys this is not my first time downloading stuff. Can anyone confirm if it can extract??

Notice it doesnt even have a winzip to icon on any of the files...
Don't worry about the icon.
Right click ob first file and try to extract. It should do the job.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2013, 08:54 AM   #15
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
cn555ic's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
18,287
Posts


 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
This is my ISTA-D 2.30 Notice the Winzip ICON!!
Attached Images
 
__________________
917-939-4980 CODING E and F Series New York Area

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2013, 08:55 AM   #16
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
cn555ic's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
18,287
Posts


 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Don't worry about the icon.
Right click ob first file and try to extract. It should do the job.
Thats what I am trying to say when you right click it only gives you option to winzip or winrar the files...Basically compressing it...
__________________
917-939-4980 CODING E and F Series New York Area

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2013, 08:57 AM   #17
makkan00
Major General
makkan00's Avatar
United Kingdom
122
Rep
7,538
Posts

 
Drives: F10
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

iTrader: (48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Don't worry about the icon.
Right click ob first file and try to extract. It should do the job.
Thats what I am trying to say when you right click it only gives you option to winzip or winrar the files...Basically compressing it...
I think I had the same issue.
At the end I had to use latest version of winrar to address it.
As winzip, zip genius did not give me the options to extract it.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2013, 09:01 AM   #18
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
cn555ic's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
18,287
Posts


 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Guys before you make any kind of suggestions maybe someone who has downloaded this can add to this...This is a pic of when I right click it Notice it only has option to compress the folders not extract...I am not a newb at this...
Attached Images
  
__________________
917-939-4980 CODING E and F Series New York Area

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2013, 09:03 AM   #19
makkan00
Major General
makkan00's Avatar
United Kingdom
122
Rep
7,538
Posts

 
Drives: F10
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

iTrader: (48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic
Guys before you make any kind of suggestions maybe someone who has downloaded this can add to this...This is a pic of when I right click it Notice it only has option to compress the folders not extract...
Thats exactly what I had.
Updated my winrar and that allowed me to extract it.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #20
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
cn555ic's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
18,287
Posts


 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Thats exactly what I had.
Updated my winrar and that allowed me to extract it.
Bro I have winrar also man...Did you actually download this and extracted??
__________________
917-939-4980 CODING E and F Series New York Area

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2013, 09:17 AM   #21
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
cn555ic's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
18,287
Posts


 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Downloaded and ran the latest winzip, latest Winrar and it still doesnt allow to extract...Can someone that actually downloaded these files give some feedback.
__________________
917-939-4980 CODING E and F Series New York Area

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #22
Sensible_
Lieutenant
16
Rep
583
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (1)

have you tried extracting with 7zip? Right click in 001, 7zip, extract here. Working for me. Dont worry about icons.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST