E90Post
 


Horizon LED
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > How much will this end up costing me



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-19-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
Rudz
Major
Rudz's Avatar
United Kingdom
15
Rep
1,008
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i LCI MSport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brighton

iTrader: (2)

How much will this end up costing me

Scratched my car today at a car park , was trying to be a bit clever and squeeze into a tight spot, reversed straight into an iron pole What an idiot......

Some pics of the unfortunate incident, would u guys know how much this is going to end up costing me




__________________
ICE
Fronts: Morel Hybrid Ovation II 4, Rears: DLS R4, Center: Focal 100CA, Subs: Earthquake SWS8, JL 10W7, Amps: Audison LRX 6.9, Audison LRX 2.9, JL Slash 500/1 V2, DSP: JBL MS8
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #2
fulcrum
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
5
Rep
437
Posts

 
Drives: E92 330 M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Feel for you
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #3
bmwak
Major
bmwak's Avatar
United Kingdom
22
Rep
1,074
Posts

 
Drives: 325D M-Sport Coupe (E92 LCI)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: London

iTrader: (3)

It could be smart repaired but realistically, it will end up looking shit. Due to the way silver metallic speckles fall it will end up looking cloudy in that area (had one of the best smart repairs do a touch up in my previous E92 so know from experience). In my opinion you'd need a proper bodyshop job done, involving respray/clearcoating the door and rear quarter panel to blend it in and prevent it looking obvious in that area. Expect to pay in the region of 300 ish for a proper job.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #4
Rudz
Major
Rudz's Avatar
United Kingdom
15
Rep
1,008
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i LCI MSport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brighton

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwak View Post
It could be smart repaired but realistically, it will end up looking shit. Due to the way silver metallic speckles fall it will end up looking cloudy in that area (had one of the best smart repairs do a touch up in my previous E92 so know from experience). In my opinion you'd need a proper bodyshop job done, involving respray/clearcoating the door and rear quarter panel to blend it in and prevent it looking obvious in that area. Expect to pay in the region of 300 ish for a proper job.
gulp...300 , an expense that I could do without.....would u know of any good body shops in the SE or London that I could get quotes from ?
__________________
ICE
Fronts: Morel Hybrid Ovation II 4, Rears: DLS R4, Center: Focal 100CA, Subs: Earthquake SWS8, JL 10W7, Amps: Audison LRX 6.9, Audison LRX 2.9, JL Slash 500/1 V2, DSP: JBL MS8
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 04:38 PM   #5
bmwak
Major
bmwak's Avatar
United Kingdom
22
Rep
1,074
Posts

 
Drives: 325D M-Sport Coupe (E92 LCI)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: London

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudz View Post
gulp...300 , an expense that I could do without.....would u know of any good body shops in the SE or London that I could get quotes from ?
Is Wembley too far out for you? I can recommend Ital Coachworks. Gary (the owner) works on BMW's all day long, is a perfectionist and a very likable chap (he does a lot of work BMW, even brand new cars that have had a knock whilst in transit from the other side).
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 04:41 PM   #6
Rudz
Major
Rudz's Avatar
United Kingdom
15
Rep
1,008
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i LCI MSport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brighton

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwak View Post
Is Wembley too far out for you? I can recommend Ital Coachworks. Gary (the owner) works on BMW's all day long, is a perfectionist and a very likable chap (he does works for dealerships too).
Thanks mate...Wembley is too far out, 200 mile round trip from Brighton....
__________________
ICE
Fronts: Morel Hybrid Ovation II 4, Rears: DLS R4, Center: Focal 100CA, Subs: Earthquake SWS8, JL 10W7, Amps: Audison LRX 6.9, Audison LRX 2.9, JL Slash 500/1 V2, DSP: JBL MS8
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #7
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
AWBimmer's Avatar
United Kingdom
70
Rep
4,964
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (4)

Feel for you Rudz, speak to Dips at The Custom Cars. If it involves bodywork, he's one of the best guys around imo and is Heathrow based.

Hope u get it fixed mate.
__________________
BMW E92 335D | The Custom Cars
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 05:05 PM   #8
macck
Second Lieutenant
macck's Avatar
2
Rep
275
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 e92 msport
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: n.ireland

iTrader: (2)

Ah Rudz what were you at. Feel for you mate turn that audio down and pay more attention. Hope you get it sorted .
__________________

blackchrome csl,s // eibach pro kit //bitstein B4s// shortened bumpstops//front and rear brembo performance brakes// jbl ms8//focal 100krs// rainbow dlx5 centre, rear//jenhert xe200//cas audio corner loaded sub// jl10v3 sub// jl xd500/3 xd400/4// technic harness// 808mguy adapters
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 05:13 PM   #9
Robin330i
First Lieutenant
5
Rep
369
Posts

 
Drives: E90 330i M Sport
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cheshire

iTrader: (2)

My friend owns a body shop and i put a lot of work to him and looking at the pics I would not expect much change if any from 500 for a good job.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 05:51 PM   #10
leetennis
Lieutenant
10
Rep
517
Posts

 
Drives: 3 M Sport
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: kent

iTrader: (0)

Sorry to see this, I know dents in the arch are a right pain, normally will need to drill a hole in the shut line of the door to get the dolly in and push out. Hole gets plugged up with a bung.

Other than that its a lot of filler I guess
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 06:22 PM   #11
Drrncour
Captain
United Kingdom
6
Rep
614
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Surrey, England

iTrader: (0)

Ae carcraft are responsibly priced, used them quite a few times.
Ian taylors Horley is another shout.
__________________
Cree angel eyes - 19" 313 OEM alloy wheels - 15mm rear spacers - Black performance Grilles - Alloy pedals - Tinted windows - Shadowline trim - M3 rear Spoiler - Tail light mod - LED interior lighting - k&n panel Filter - Performance Diffuser - Carbon Badges alround - Bluetooth - Air intake scoops - Painted Calipers - Custom Stainless Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 01:57 AM   #12
dakhu1
love the 'GT ROAD'....bruuuaaah!
5
Rep
357
Posts

 
Drives: 320D M Sport & 118D M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: London

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Feel for you Rudz, speak to Dips at The Custom Cars. If it involves bodywork, he's one of the best guys around imo and is Heathrow based.

Hope u get it fixed mate.
Does he also do alloy refurbs - whereabout near heathrow is he?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 02:38 AM   #13
bmwak
Major
bmwak's Avatar
United Kingdom
22
Rep
1,074
Posts

 
Drives: 325D M-Sport Coupe (E92 LCI)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: London

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetennis View Post
Sorry to see this, I know dents in the arch are a right pain, normally will need to drill a hole in the shut line of the door to get the dolly in and push out. Hole gets plugged up with a bung.

Other than that its a lot of filler I guess
Depends who you use. The 50 dentman usually won't remove bits of trim and do as you say. You can get proper guys who will remove trims and door cards to do it properly and not drill holes.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 04:49 AM   #14
xenon
Major General
xenon's Avatar
England
73
Rep
5,029
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Coventry

iTrader: (0)

Had an identical mark on my F10 which cost 300 at a Chips Away repairer, who did a very good job. However, the car was Jet Black so easier to match. A bodyshop is going to be 500 easily.
__________________
Ian
Current: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport, Professional Media, Visibility Pack, Reversing Camera, DAB
Previous: 2011 F10 520d M-Sport, 2008 320i M-Sport Coupe, 2002 325i, 2001 318i valvetronic, 1998 318i, 1996 525i, 1990 Porsche 944S2
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 05:00 AM   #15
MEGA
Dieseasal
MEGA's Avatar
United Kingdom
108
Rep
6,849
Posts

 
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Harrow, London

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to MEGA
Don't know anyone down that way unfortunately. Can recommend a half dozen companies around West London
__________________
Previously: 2003 Peugeot 206 1.6 8v | 2006 E90 320d M-Sport, 19" BBS CH, Full Ice-cold JL audio install, August 2010 Total BMW 6 page feature car. | 2003 Nissan 350Z GT Coupe 286BHP
Now:2010 E92 LCI 335d M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 05:50 AM   #16
Rudz
Major
Rudz's Avatar
United Kingdom
15
Rep
1,008
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i LCI MSport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brighton

iTrader: (2)

Jesus....this isn't looking good is it guys ? the pictures make it look worse than it actually is, it honestly is a small dent, the biggest is the one on the arch in pic 3, seat/trim removal and this talk of 500 to fix it is making me very anxious, I am tempted to leave it as is TBH as I am a bit skint at the mo....Thanks for your recommendation guys, I'll give the Horley guys a go as they seem closest to me, I'll look to call Dips and Ital if I dont have much luck locally, so Mega/guys would like to hear your recommendations in London too please

Macck my man, that is exactly it, blasted audio, was listening at high volume, could'nt hear the bloody beep...serves me right
__________________
ICE
Fronts: Morel Hybrid Ovation II 4, Rears: DLS R4, Center: Focal 100CA, Subs: Earthquake SWS8, JL 10W7, Amps: Audison LRX 6.9, Audison LRX 2.9, JL Slash 500/1 V2, DSP: JBL MS8
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 07:45 AM   #17
Jon D
Colonel
Jon D's Avatar
Scotland
48
Rep
2,575
Posts

 
Drives: F12 640i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudz View Post
..Some pics of the unfortunate incident...
Bad luck, but oh-so easily done in a split second of inattention - we've all been there.
Can't help you with body shop recommendations, but I would have thought somewhere around the 300 mark.
On a separate issue, that's some very impressive and professional looking highlighting you've done with the red boxes and text - please could you let me know how you did it and what application/programme you used?
Good luck with the repair, post some pics if and when you have it done.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 08:12 AM   #18
bmwak
Major
bmwak's Avatar
United Kingdom
22
Rep
1,074
Posts

 
Drives: 325D M-Sport Coupe (E92 LCI)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: London

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudz View Post
Jesus....this isn't looking good is it guys ? the pictures make it look worse than it actually is, it honestly is a small dent, the biggest is the one on the arch in pic 3, seat/trim removal and this talk of 500 to fix it is making me very anxious, I am tempted to leave it as is TBH as I am a bit skint at the mo....Thanks for your recommendation guys, I'll give the Horley guys a go as they seem closest to me, I'll look to call Dips and Ital if I dont have much luck locally, so Mega/guys would like to hear your recommendations in London too please

Macck my man, that is exactly it, blasted audio, was listening at high volume, could'nt hear the bloody beep...serves me right
My advice to you mate is find someone that uses Glasurit paint (its an OEM paint brand that I believe BMW use) and look at their work (they are bound to have a few cars knocking about that have had work done).

I've probably got an 'after shot' of my old E92 which had a smart repair. I'll try and find it so you can see how it looked.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #19
Rudz
Major
Rudz's Avatar
United Kingdom
15
Rep
1,008
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i LCI MSport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brighton

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon D View Post
Bad luck, but oh-so easily done in a split second of inattention - we've all been there.
Can't help you with body shop recommendations, but I would have thought somewhere around the 300 mark.
On a separate issue, that's some very impressive and professional looking highlighting you've done with the red boxes and text - please could you let me know how you did it and what application/programme you used?
Good luck with the repair, post some pics if and when you have it done.
Thanks, lol Jon, ur pulling my leg aren't u , I've done a very poor MS Paint job with the text and red boxes...
__________________
ICE
Fronts: Morel Hybrid Ovation II 4, Rears: DLS R4, Center: Focal 100CA, Subs: Earthquake SWS8, JL 10W7, Amps: Audison LRX 6.9, Audison LRX 2.9, JL Slash 500/1 V2, DSP: JBL MS8
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 03:09 PM   #20
Rudz
Major
Rudz's Avatar
United Kingdom
15
Rep
1,008
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i LCI MSport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brighton

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwak View Post
My advice to you mate is find someone that uses Glasurit paint (its an OEM paint brand that I believe BMW use) and look at their work (they are bound to have a few cars knocking about that have had work done).

I've probably got an 'after shot' of my old E92 which had a smart repair. I'll try and find it so you can see how it looked.
Cheers matey, very useful advice, will keep everything u've said in mind for this job...
__________________
ICE
Fronts: Morel Hybrid Ovation II 4, Rears: DLS R4, Center: Focal 100CA, Subs: Earthquake SWS8, JL 10W7, Amps: Audison LRX 6.9, Audison LRX 2.9, JL Slash 500/1 V2, DSP: JBL MS8
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #21
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
AWBimmer's Avatar
United Kingdom
70
Rep
4,964
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakhu1 View Post
Does he also do alloy refurbs - whereabout near heathrow is he?

Cheers
Lol, he is the ONLY person I'd go to for alloy refurb. Just take a look at some of highs pics on www.evotedhnik.net.

When my new wheels get put on the car next week, I'll take some pics and upload. He is a magician!
__________________
BMW E92 335D | The Custom Cars
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #22
bmwak
Major
bmwak's Avatar
United Kingdom
22
Rep
1,074
Posts

 
Drives: 325D M-Sport Coupe (E92 LCI)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: London

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudz View Post
Cheers matey, very useful advice, will keep everything u've said in mind for this job...
No problems mate. Did try replying to your PM just now btw but your inbox was full
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST