E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > What happens when your wife makes you sell your BMW



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-25-2013, 10:52 PM   #1
hardtothepaint
Second Lieutenant
Canada
5
Rep
261
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 328xi
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

What happens when your wife makes you sell your BMW

I saw this post on maxbimmer Fourms and found it to be hilarious. Thought I share it here with you guys!

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-community...AdIdZ487843914

You know who you are. You're the guy in the dark jacket with dark hair and baseball cap driving the white 2013 Ford Escape who after cashing out at the LOWES at Major Mackenzie and Dufferin at 2:19 pm with one small bag in hand opened your door very hard into my 7 day new Kia Sedona van leaving a huge dent.

How do I know this? Because after seeing the dent and not seeing any note left behind, I reviewed the parking lot security tape with the store manager. You were video taped cashing out at the till at approx. 2:17pm and walking out to your white Ford Escape 3 cars in from the front entrance to the store. Smashed my van and simply drove away through the north exit.

Normally I would forget it and this would be your lucky day. However, after reluctantly selling my BMW 530 just this past week for a minivan to appease my wife in obtaining a more family friendly vehicle, I am feeling like a neutered dog who is not only forced to drive a KIA minivan, but now one that looks abused and fugly.

So, here it is... Contact me now and we can have this settled fairly for both of us (I am a pretty reasonable guy) or wait until the store releases your license plate number to the police over the weekend and they get to you first and lay a hit and run or failure to remain which has been authorized by the loss prevention manager at LOWES.

Your future is in your hands.


Credit goes to Eurostyle at Maxbimmer for the post
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2013, 11:56 PM   #2
Titanium3er
First Lieutenant
Titanium3er's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
342
Posts

 
Drives: '08 335i, '03 Kawa Z1000
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: SW FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I guess the answer is you start taking out your suppressed rage on a (relatively) innocent stranger.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 12:01 AM   #3
Game
Major General
Game's Avatar
United_States
85
Rep
5,145
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lockport/Chicago, IL

iTrader: (15)

Sell your wife.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 12:02 AM   #4
Kalidian
Lieutenant
5
Rep
514
Posts

 
Drives: AW '09 E90 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickvacc View Post
I guess the answer is you start taking out your suppressed rage on a (relatively) innocent stranger.
Not innocent at all. I hope that douche who damaged his van gets it.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 12:07 AM   #5
Titanium3er
First Lieutenant
Titanium3er's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
342
Posts

 
Drives: '08 335i, '03 Kawa Z1000
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: SW FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I think his wife should get it. Sounds like he doesn't have the cojones though. A five series is a pretty family friendly car to begin with. What is the argument to get a Kia?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 01:05 AM   #6
mcpcolas
First Lieutenant
mcpcolas's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
370
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 montego blue 335i xdrive
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: new jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickvacc
I think his wife should get it. Sounds like he doesn't have the cojones though. A five series is a pretty family friendly car to begin with. What is the argument to get a Kia?
The argument is, the Kia is a Van . More than 3 kids + the family dog
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 01:12 AM   #7
williamf
Audi Convert
United_States
5
Rep
362
Posts

 
Drives: Past: 335i Now: TTRS stage 2+
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpcolas View Post
The argument is, the Kia is a Van . More than 3 kids + the family dog
Thats why God invented 2 car garages! One car for her (Mini-Van), one car for you and her (insert preference here).
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 03:18 AM   #8
E902009
First Lieutenant
United_States
3
Rep
308
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 328i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

All joking aside, marriage is about compromises, and it even comes down to the vehicles you own. Some steps are obvious: you shouldn't own a Corvette when you have two kids that aren't out of the child seats yet, unless you have another car that can take them, their seats, and their endless piles of crap. Regardless of who drives it, there needs to be at least one vehicle that can take everyone in the family on a road trip, or run daily errands.

When I got my car, my wife's only requests are: have four doors, can fit two child seats (if need be), and can fit our stroller in the trunk. These are not unreasonable requirements, as I would have made these guidelines myself before I started looking.

The wife doesn't really tell me what to do or dictate what I drive, but I'm sane enough to make the right decisions. Guys who get married and still need adult supervision will never end up being happily married. I often wonder why they lock themselves into a trap like that.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 04:20 AM   #9
adriang
Captain
Canada
9
Rep
623
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nobleton

iTrader: (0)

Haha I live at dufferin and mack! Lol stories are so much better when they are close to home
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 04:34 AM   #10
Navlex67
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
30
Posts

 
Drives: "08 328xi
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ny

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E902009
All joking aside, marriage is about compromises, and it even comes down to the vehicles you own. Some steps are obvious: you shouldn't own a Corvette when you have two kids that aren't out of the child seats yet, unless you have another car that can take them, their seats, and their endless piles of crap. Regardless of who drives it, there needs to be at least one vehicle that can take everyone in the family on a road trip, or run daily errands.

When I got my car, my wife's only requests are: have four doors, can fit two child seats (if need be), and can fit our stroller in the trunk. These are not unreasonable requirements, as I would have made these guidelines myself before I started looking.

The wife doesn't really tell me what to do or dictate what I drive, but I'm sane enough to make the right decisions. Guys who get married and still need adult supervision will never end up being happily married. I often wonder why they lock themselves into a trap like that.
👍👍👍👍👍 well put 👏👏👏
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 07:12 AM   #11
John 070
Lieutenant General
157
Rep
11,513
Posts

 
Drives: 335i cpe
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ZSP/ZPP/ZCW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E902009 View Post
All joking aside, marriage is about compromises, and it even comes down to the vehicles you own. Some steps are obvious: you shouldn't own a Corvette when you have two kids that aren't out of the child seats yet, unless you have another car that can take them, their seats, and their endless piles of crap. Regardless of who drives it, there needs to be at least one vehicle that can take everyone in the family on a road trip, or run daily errands.

When I got my car, my wife's only requests are: have four doors, can fit two child seats (if need be), and can fit our stroller in the trunk. These are not unreasonable requirements, as I would have made these guidelines myself before I started looking.

The wife doesn't really tell me what to do or dictate what I drive, but I'm sane enough to make the right decisions. Guys who get married and still need adult supervision will never end up being happily married. I often wonder why they lock themselves into a trap like that.
I never understood the wife "makes you sell your" car. Are you a man with your own income? Because truth be told, it costs a lot of money to raise a child. 15k for the first year of having a baby is an ok estimate, some will be less, some will be more. That's the easy part.

If you want your child to go to college, assuming a 5% return, 1.5% inflation, $8,500 per year needs to be saved. 1.5% inflation is historically low, so that's a low number that will likely be bumped up to 13k in the near future.

How is "selling a BMW" going to even put any dent into the above? A wife who says that, should go back to night school and take some finance classes.

What a wife should be telling a husband is that with a family, his 150k salary ain't gonna cut it, go out and get a better job.

If the wife is the breadwinner, and the husband is a stay at home dad (I never understood that but that's me), then all bets are off, sell the BMW and do as you're told.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #12
3s4u2
Beamer Mantic
3s4u2's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
794
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325i Prem
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

What the heck is wrong with the X5 sport 7 passenger, that's a compromise!!!
I have a great family, but I fought for the things that makes life exciting on this great earth...

"pretty reasonable guy", simply not enough money or he's wife whipping, this guy is pissed at himself and he's going to take it out on everyone including his wife!
__________________
2006 325i
2006 M5


Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 08:23 AM   #13
John 070
Lieutenant General
157
Rep
11,513
Posts

 
Drives: 335i cpe
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ZSP/ZPP/ZCW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3s4u2 View Post
What the heck is wrong with the X5 sport 7 passenger, that's a compromise!!!
I have a great family, but I fought for the things that makes life exciting on this great earth...

"pretty reasonable guy", simply not enough money or he's wife whipping, this guy is pissed at himself and he's going to take it out on everyone including his wife!
I could understand that when you have a family, you don't go out and spend more. You already know you've got $1200 in day care per month, $1200 in college savings fund per month, plus the regular expenses. That's $2400 a month right there--I know people whose mortgages are barely more than that. And that's 1 child. What if you have 2? That's 5k per month.

So if a wife says, don't buy a new car, we need to save, that makes sense. But to say, sell your car, that makes no sense. As a consumer, we lose when we buy, we lose when we sell, a car.

The thing that I see on this forum very rarely is the judgement that says to keep driving what you have until the wheels fall off. Because I get it, that's so boring. But money does not grow on trees, it never has.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 08:24 AM   #14
Mardio
Brigadier General
32
Rep
3,118
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335is space grey
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SF

iTrader: (0)

Agree with a compromise...
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 08:30 AM   #15
Das_Stig
I don't drink water. Fish fuck in it.
Das_Stig's Avatar
16
Rep
839
Posts

 
Drives: e90 335xi
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Some say he naturally faces magnetic north, and that all of his legs are hydraulic...

iTrader: (1)

seem to see a trend with people who own ford escapes being complete inconsiderate a//holes
__________________

oem blacklines, m3 rep front. waiting for install oem m3 sides... coming soon. csl trunk mtech rear and more.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 08:41 AM   #16
Jettgee
Private First Class
United_States
3
Rep
135
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E90 335i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Sell your wife.
Right!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 08:41 AM   #17
Sam335ix
Major
Sam335ix's Avatar
22
Rep
1,275
Posts

 
Drives: 335 ix performance edition
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Redskin Country

iTrader: (0)

If your wife forced you to sell the car you love then it's time for a divorce. She needs a practical car for the family? Her ass needs to buy one and drive the mini van.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #18
DUI Elite
///M at Heart
DUI Elite's Avatar
22
Rep
1,717
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 SGM E90
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (4)

I applaud the diplomatic way this guy wants to go after him.

I would probably be in a few month long depression if I was forced to go from anything Audi/BMW to a minivan. But then again, could use it as a bargaining chip later.

#howmid-lifecrisis'aremade
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Built My Way View Post
Rule #1 when you own "The Ultimate Driving Machine". Always have $$$ in "The Automatic Teller Machine"
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 09:00 AM   #19
SHEEDI
Lieutenant Colonel
SHEEDI's Avatar
United_States
38
Rep
1,705
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i - Sport PKG
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E902009 View Post
All joking aside, marriage is about compromises, and it even comes down to the vehicles you own. Some steps are obvious: you shouldn't own a Corvette when you have two kids that aren't out of the child seats yet, unless you have another car that can take them, their seats, and their endless piles of crap. Regardless of who drives it, there needs to be at least one vehicle that can take everyone in the family on a road trip, or run daily errands.

When I got my car, my wife's only requests are: have four doors, can fit two child seats (if need be), and can fit our stroller in the trunk. These are not unreasonable requirements, as I would have made these guidelines myself before I started looking.

The wife doesn't really tell me what to do or dictate what I drive, but I'm sane enough to make the right decisions. Guys who get married and still need adult supervision will never end up being happily married. I often wonder why they lock themselves into a trap like that.
+1 well said
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 09:01 AM   #20
SHEEDI
Lieutenant Colonel
SHEEDI's Avatar
United_States
38
Rep
1,705
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i - Sport PKG
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam335ix View Post
If your wife forced you to sell the car you love then it's time for a divorce. She needs a practical car for the family? Her ass needs to buy one and drive the mini van.
Selfish Comments
My dear friend; Family comes first if you are married
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 09:07 AM   #21
ken1137
Brigadier General
ken1137's Avatar
United_States
41
Rep
3,697
Posts

 
Drives: a slow 2009 e90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2009 e90 335i  [3.20]
Some people are dicks plain and simple. Hope he gets what coming to him.

My compromise...I had to sell my 135 b/c of the wife. She hated it...too loud, too much torque, too low, and tinted windows. So, i bought another BMW and I'll buy another one if she complains again I've had 6 cars in the last 8 yrs so I think she has finally learned her lesson, but I have been leaving pics of the F10 M5 all over the house just in case
__________________

BMWCCA member
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 09:17 AM   #22
3s4u2
Beamer Mantic
3s4u2's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
794
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325i Prem
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
I could understand that when you have a family, you don't go out and spend more. You already know you've got $1200 in day care per month, $1200 in college savings fund per month, plus the regular expenses. That's $2400 a month right there--I know people whose mortgages are barely more than that. And that's 1 child. What if you have 2? That's 5k per month.

So if a wife says, don't buy a new car, we need to save, that makes sense. But to say, sell your car, that makes no sense. As a consumer, we lose when we buy, we lose when we sell, a car.

The thing that I see on this forum very rarely is the judgement that says to keep driving what you have until the wheels fall off. Because I get it, that's so boring. But money does not grow on trees, it never has.

I am fortunate to be able struggle through three of my children in collage with no loans and a wife that still loves her well cared for 06 325i with over 206,000 mile on it.

There are demands or compromise, then there is depression or feeling good about your decision made within your family. I personally like the felling good part!
__________________
2006 325i
2006 M5


Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST