E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Pure Turbos N55 single turbo upgrade



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-28-2014, 12:29 PM   #67
mashimarho
BMW Genius
 
mashimarho's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 LCI 335i xDrive™
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, michigan

Posts: 9,296
iTrader: (33)

Garage List
Very promising
__________________

Volk///ER///BMS///KW///VRSF///ARKYM///DD///CYBA///STOPTECH///BMW Performance ///
My Progress: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=770326
mashimarho is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2014, 12:35 PM   #68
AlpineSwift
Colonel
 
AlpineSwift's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335Xi Coupé
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Castle Rock, CO

Posts: 2,083
iTrader: (2)

I'm excited now.
__________________
E92 '08 335Xi 6AT - Cobb AP V2, ar design DP's, Race Cats in the mids, Stock cans, VRSF CP w/Tial BOV, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS DCI, BMS Cowl, H&R Coilovers, Renn Motorsport RS-51's, Alpina TCU Flash, Turner Boost Gauge, Fully Coded.
Tanya: The Build Thread
Dyno Sheets w/Current Mods
AlpineSwift is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2014, 12:44 PM   #69
Pure Turbos
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Pure Turbos's Avatar
 
Drives: 70 E9,88 M5,11 335d,11 335i
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Oceanside, CA

Posts: 176
iTrader: (0)

We appreciate all the positivity guys. We are excited too! Thank you!
Pure Turbos is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2014, 01:29 PM   #70
deemarr 335i
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: e90 335i performance edition
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: westchester ny

Posts: 230
iTrader: (0)

This is good, very anxious
deemarr 335i is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2014, 02:53 PM   #71
eyim1988
Lieutenant Colonel
 
eyim1988's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 1,529
iTrader: (3)

If results /w e85 gets to around ~430 whp im down for this upgrade..
eyim1988 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-29-2014, 02:55 PM   #72
marCOCOpuffs
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Riverside, CA

Posts: 191
iTrader: (1)

Let's keep this thing up to the top... Anxious for more news... Getting bored with my FBO + e85
marCOCOpuffs is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-29-2014, 03:03 PM   #73
Pure Turbos
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Pure Turbos's Avatar
 
Drives: 70 E9,88 M5,11 335d,11 335i
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Oceanside, CA

Posts: 176
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marCOCOpuffs View Post
Let's keep this thing up to the top... Anxious for more news... Getting bored with my FBO + e85
We recorded some more logs last night. Everything is looking solid at this point. Time to go to the dyno. Keep in mind, this car does not have a backend flash. So timing and AFR will be limited to standard JB4 control. We could squeeze some more power with a backend flash. Thanks!
Pure Turbos is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-29-2014, 03:20 PM   #74
Pure Turbos
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Pure Turbos's Avatar
 
Drives: 70 E9,88 M5,11 335d,11 335i
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Oceanside, CA

Posts: 176
iTrader: (0)

Because it got deleted last time...

Features and Benefits of the PURE Stage 1 Turbo:

-100% stock appearance (undetectable by the dealership)
-Stock-like fast spool
-Easy to install (we have a chra+comp housing option which does not require turbofold removal)
-It's affordable
Pure Turbos is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-29-2014, 05:49 PM   #75
ze_german
Autobahn Addict
 
ze_german's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E92 N55 6MT Msport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Posts: 124
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Turbos View Post
Because it got deleted last time...

Features and Benefits of the PURE Stage 1 Turbo:

-100% stock appearance (undetectable by the dealership)
-Stock-like fast spool
-Easy to install (we have a chra+comp housing option which does not require turbofold removal)
-It's affordable
Would be really cool if you could talk to COBB and create a custom mapping for this upgrade
__________________
defi boost gauge in custom 3d printed pod, bms intake/cdv/cs, er cp, vrsf ic, uuc tranny mounts, cyba 3.8 tips
ze_german is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2014, 03:30 PM   #76
Pure Turbos
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Pure Turbos's Avatar
 
Drives: 70 E9,88 M5,11 335d,11 335i
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Oceanside, CA

Posts: 176
iTrader: (0)

Terry played with the car on the dyno today. We are maxing out the fuel pump, so we have some limitations. 10whp peak gains compared to other N55 cars right now, but around 30whp gain at redline (compared to other cars). This is on a different dyno than we baselined so it's not an apples to apples comparison. We will probably add an inline pump so we can do further testing. And of course get it back on the same dyno we baselined on. Thanks guys.

Terry's notes:

1) The fuel system is maxing out on E50 so we had to add more 91,
which reduced timing potential. Needs a 255 inline pump installed.

2) The OEM intercooler is likely holding back some power as well.

3) If we had the flash loaded we could richen it up down low a bit
more and add another ~2 degrees timing on the E50 which I think would
add at least 15rw more.

4) When I get back to my home PC I can send a dyno overlaid against a
similarly modded N55 stock turbo dyno. We'll see around 30rw more at
higher RPM than stock but at peak HP only 10hp or so.

Pure Turbos is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2014, 03:48 PM   #77
eyim1988
Lieutenant Colonel
 
eyim1988's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 1,529
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Turbos View Post
Terry played with the car on the dyno today. We are maxing out the fuel pump, so we have some limitations. 10whp peak gains compared to other N55 cars right now, but around 30whp gain at redline (compared to other cars). This is on a different dyno than we baselined so it's not an apples to apples comparison. We will probably add an inline pump so we can do further testing. And of course get it back on the same dyno we baselined on. Thanks guys.

Terry's notes:

1) The fuel system is maxing out on E50 so we had to add more 91,
which reduced timing potential. Needs a 255 inline pump installed.

2) The OEM intercooler is likely holding back some power as well.

3) If we had the flash loaded we could richen it up down low a bit
more and add another ~2 degrees timing on the E50 which I think would
add at least 15rw more.

4) When I get back to my home PC I can send a dyno overlaid against a
similarly modded N55 stock turbo dyno. We'll see around 30rw more at
higher RPM than stock but at peak HP only 10hp or so.

Awesome! Def has 410 whp in it for sure and maybe 415-420 with meth. A def possibility if it works with my f30 (which it should)
eyim1988 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2014, 04:05 PM   #78
deemarr 335i
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: e90 335i performance edition
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: westchester ny

Posts: 230
iTrader: (0)

Nicee.....looks like makes power higher up the Rev range.
deemarr 335i is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2014, 04:06 PM   #79
loesch
First Lieutenant
 
loesch's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: State College, PA

Posts: 383
iTrader: (2)

Sorry if I missed it but can you guys give some details on this car? What mods? The HP curve looks much more flat than stock. Good news!
loesch is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2014, 04:07 PM   #80
eyim1988
Lieutenant Colonel
 
eyim1988's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 1,529
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loesch View Post
Sorry if I missed it but can you guys give some details on this car? What mods?
i think its full bolt on other than fmic.
eyim1988 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2014, 04:07 PM   #81
marCOCOpuffs
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Riverside, CA

Posts: 191
iTrader: (1)

Supporting mods?
marCOCOpuffs is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2014, 04:35 PM   #82
Pure Turbos
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Pure Turbos's Avatar
 
Drives: 70 E9,88 M5,11 335d,11 335i
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Oceanside, CA

Posts: 176
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marCOCOpuffs View Post
Supporting mods?
Customer's car has:

-JB4 (obviously)
-BMS intake
-eBay charge pipe
-Catless downpipe
-PURE Stage 1 Turbo
Pure Turbos is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2014, 04:35 PM   #83
John_01
Lieutenant Colonel
 
John_01's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 1,985
iTrader: (0)

Nearly flat power curve between 4.5k and 6.5k looks like a useful improvement to me.
John_01 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2014, 04:45 PM   #84
Pure Turbos
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Pure Turbos's Avatar
 
Drives: 70 E9,88 M5,11 335d,11 335i
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Oceanside, CA

Posts: 176
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_01 View Post
Nearly flat power curve between 4.5k and 6.5k looks like a useful improvement to me.
That's exactly what we were shooting for with this turbo.
Pure Turbos is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2014, 04:50 PM   #85
deemarr 335i
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: e90 335i performance edition
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: westchester ny

Posts: 230
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Turbos View Post
That's exactly what we were shooting for with this turbo.
What map was this on ???
deemarr 335i is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2014, 04:53 PM   #86
Pure Turbos
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Pure Turbos's Avatar
 
Drives: 70 E9,88 M5,11 335d,11 335i
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Oceanside, CA

Posts: 176
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemarr 335i View Post
What map was this on ???
I don't know. I'll ask Terry and let you know. Thanks
Pure Turbos is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2014, 04:59 PM   #87
eyim1988
Lieutenant Colonel
 
eyim1988's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 1,529
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Turbos View Post
I don't know. I'll ask Terry and let you know. Thanks
I'm guessing map 7
eyim1988 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2014, 05:12 PM   #88
deemarr 335i
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: e90 335i performance edition
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: westchester ny

Posts: 230
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyim1988 View Post
I'm guessing map 7
Yea probably just wanna be sure....not bad tho for the stock fmic, could probably make more power off the flow alone.
deemarr 335i is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST