E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > RB N54 Upgraded/Replacement PCV Valves now in stock!!>>>

06-07-2013, 09:20 PM   #1
Rob@RBTurbo
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: 335I

RB N54 Upgraded/Replacement PCV Valves now in stock!!>>>

There has been a lot of activity with these valves in the past year but I am just now bringing them here to advertise for sale.

For simplicity sake I am just going to copy where it all started back in March of 2012:

"I have spent the last couple hours inspecting the N54 Valve cover and observing the internal PCV system. I have come across what I think to be some very good news.

First off what I have found is that the PCV valve internal the valve cover IS serviceable. The bad news is that it doesn't appear to be available for purchase. But since I also have found that the plastic PCV valve does not hold pressure well that is not necessarily a bad thing.

What the leaky PCV valve means is that when you are in boosted conditions, the "highly" pressurized PCV valve leaks turbocharged pressures into the crankcase. Pending on the condition of your PCV valve, it could leak worse than others. I believe the unit I tested is in very good condition, yet still leaks and therefore I am not impressed.

Also what I have found is that if for some reason your valve cover is loose or has a bad gasket, you also could develop a pressure leak either external to the engine or internal into the crankcase causing further pressurization of the crankcase.

I am going to look into an upgrade of this PCV valve. It likely will require some custom adaptations and machining, but I believe would be well worth the benefits to those serious about their cars. The concept I have in mind at the moment will be a very EASY bolt in solution, possibly taking just minutes.

Please note the solution will only fix the OEM PCV valve itself, not a leaky gasket or otherwise poor seal (that will have to be addressed with lots of elbow grease). I do recommend if EVER pulling off the valve cover to always replace the OEM gasket with a new one and use a very light amount of GOOD sealant (ie. The Right Stuff) around these pressurization ports that are fed through each intake port. This could help prevent leaks in the future in my opinion.

Also note this will not negate the Pro's of Oil Catch Cans, but could reduce what they otherwise collect. It also could be reasoned that those who catch a TON of oil have a less "healthy" internal valve cover PCV valve.

Will give some more updates later, but stay tuned and don't go swapping out a valve cover because of fear of a bad internal PCV system just yet.

Just to note the OEM BMW Check valve hose part # is 11157553949

There are some DIY write up's but unfortunately not on this forum. I am not sure if rules allow me to link other forums or not. I will have to look into that. In the meantime here is a Australian Group Buy thread where the OP has included MUCH information (it's a must read):
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839054

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A PLASTIC CAP THAT HOLDS THE PCV VALVE IN PLACE. DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THIS CAP. IT DOES NOT REQUIRE MUCH TORQUE. DAMAGE MAY OCCUR. I believe about 36-42in/lb should be ideal. Do not exceed 48in/lb (4ft/lb) on this cap. Also use your best judgment. You also may find a 1/2in box end wrench has a more secure/snug fit than the 13mm to avoid risk of stripping plastic end cap end.

Pictures of the RB units are attached, and there is a pic or two of what the OEM unit looks like as well. The item cost is $45 shipped domestic (USA) to paypal address rob.rbturbo@gmail.com . If you are an International shipping please add $5. Please also make sure your full address is on the PayPal."

NOTE FOR INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS and the $50 shipped price!!!

Due to several items that have been not arriving internationally for the past couple weeks (and the loss we have been sustaining by sending out replacement units), affective immediately we have to make some changes.

Here is the situation for purchase options for International customers:
1) We refund you your money to avoid the risk of shipping and loss responsibility on our behalf.
2) We ship you the unit via USPS at the cheap shipping rate and provide a tracking number at your request, but hold no responsibility for it's arrival and will not be able to assist in retrieving/contacting/etc the post offices involved in the item.
3) We get you a guaranteed shipping quote, but it typically is at around $50.
4) You provide a shipping address within the USA.

This will be our new disclaimer of sorts for International orders that utilize the cheaper shipping methods (plan on adding this to the website):
Due to the low cost of this selection and the cooperation required with the postal services that the component be delivered, RB Turbo LLC does not accept ultimate responsibility for it's arrival and will only be able to provide the tracking information for the item shipped. Therefore by making this selection you accept responsibility for the item not arriving. Please consider alternative shipping methods for a guaranteed arrival.

Sorry for the inconvenience… we have just had enough of taking responsibility for the shortcomings of the postal services within the USA and also those at the customer side's country and for each unit that is lost we lose about $50 on what would've been a $10 profit- all in the name of trying to get the item to the customer for a fair price in shipping.

Thanks for your understanding,
Rob
Attached Images

Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 07-26-2013 at 10:43 AM.
      06-18-2013, 06:37 AM   #2
ashmostro
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: '13 335is DCT

I'm running your valve, Rob and it works great!

I also found a way to get the looser check valve hose to stay more securely on its fitting after also doing an OCC install:

FWIW since many folks do both the OCC and PCV like I did.
2013 335is DCT -- Apex 17x9 ET30 + 255/40-17" Toyo R1R | Quaife LSD | JRZ RS1 - 450/800# | M3 + Hardrace arms | BMS CP + OCC | ETS 5" FMIC | AFE FBO | RB PCV | Setrab oil cooler | Stoptech f+r BBK | FF Self-Tune

ashmostro is offline   United_States
      06-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #3
Stan.mac
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 135i M-Sport

How do you know if a PCV Valve "works great"?
      06-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #4
Rob@RBTurbo

Testing one properly is beyond the scope of most mechanics IMO. You can pressure test them as well to see if they'd leak under boost, and the RB unit performs much better in this regard even vs. a brand new OEM unit.

But at the end of the day this is a standard replacement part, you just toss the original aside and put in the new unit. IMO testing a PCV valve is equivalent to testing an air filter for flow before cleaning/replacing it or sending your oil out for analysis before changing it to ensure you've got all the mileage out of it possible. This a fairly cheap part that you just actively replace at some point in your vehicles life. If you feel you could clean it and it should be good as new, that is also your option. If you'd rather just install a new unit, this is an option.

Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0110001 View Post
      06-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #5
Stan.mac
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 135i M-Sport

^ I have 100% faith in your parts brother, I just didn't know one could say that a PCV works great. I actually plan on buying the PVC valve and your oil thingy. And when I get un-poor, some new turbos! LOL
      06-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #6
amr_e90
First Lieutenant

Drives: e90 335xi 6mt

How do I ordered Mr Rob

best pass and only pass made on car 12.7 @ 111 new england dragway
amr_e90 is offline   United_States
      06-18-2013, 06:18 PM   #7
ashmostro
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Lower oil consumption than before with only that change made. Did OCC later on.
2013 335is DCT -- Apex 17x9 ET30 + 255/40-17" Toyo R1R | Quaife LSD | JRZ RS1 - 450/800# | M3 + Hardrace arms | BMS CP + OCC | ETS 5" FMIC | AFE FBO | RB PCV | Setrab oil cooler | Stoptech f+r BBK | FF Self-Tune

06-18-2013, 08:07 PM   #8
Rob@RBTurbo

They have been out for well over a year now, and most everyone seems to like them. That is a good thing, I think! Understand about the turbos, wish they were cheaper honestly... just cost too damn much to make

Quote:
^ I have 100% faith in your parts brother, I just didn't know one could say that a PCV works great. I actually plan on buying the PVC valve and your oil thingy. And when I get un-poor, some new turbos! LOL
Payment info is in the first post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amr_e90 View Post
How do I ordered Mr Rob
Lower oil consumption definitely would be a bonus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmostro View Post
Lower oil consumption than before with only that change made. Did OCC later on.
      06-18-2013, 08:16 PM   #9
ashmostro
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
^ I have 100% faith in your parts brother, I just didn't know one could say that a PCV works great.
Do you understand why now?
      06-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #10
vasillalov
Mad Linux Guru On The Loose

Drives: 2008 335i Sedan

Garage List
2008 335i E90  [4.00]
Just placed an order. I've been waiting for you to get those in stock.
      06-19-2013, 09:28 PM   #11
parksjm7
Enlisted Member

Drives: E92 07 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2002 Honda  [0.00]
Sold! when could we expect these to arrive? Just ordered a few min. ago. Thanks RB.
      06-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #12
Rob@RBTurbo

Since they are in stock, they've been going out same day or next day.
      06-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #13
boostaholic786
Lieutenant

Drives: E92 JB4 G5 ISO RB's FBO+40%E85

I installed mine as soon as I got my intake valves walnut shell blasted. You can def tell that Robs PCV valve is far superior in terms of quality, material, and engenuity. I use to gather quiet a bit of oil every 3 months, well maybe 4cm from the bottom??? but ever since the RB PCV valve was put on my catch can is literally empty. Which means its obviously doing its job. with the catch can not gathering oil I would say its working pretty damn well this specific part from the factory is just a piece of crap to be honest but then when you see Rob's, you def notice a HUGE difference. Thanks Rob for making another INCREDIBLE product/products for the N54 community!!
A/W E92 335i M-sport with JB4 G5 ISO/ E40 WEDGE PERFORMANCE BACKEND FLASH, Alpina TCU flash for AT/Switch-tronic +AR Downpipes, Stett gen 1 intake, Wagner-Tuning FMIC+RB Turbo setup/ RB PCV Valve+ Akro exhaust+60% E85/93 mix,+ HRE P40S wheels, KW coilovers, M3 sways,+BMW performance CF Mirrors, BMW Performance CF deck lid spoiler,+ CF interior trim, p3 vent boost gauge,+ LUX angel eyes (11.73@119mph on street tires) NO METH!
      06-23-2013, 12:13 AM   #14
BX TT3
MAAD HEAD

Drives: Sex on 19 inch Wheels

Garage List
08 BMW X5 4.8 (Wife)  [0.00]
07 525xi  [0.00]
07 335i  [4.63]
Now you just need to make the cover for it, i broke mine along with a few other people i know.. lol

Dinan S2 & JB4 G5, Spearco IC & Up pipe, RR-DP, BMS Dual Air Intake, Forge Diverter Valves, P3 Vent Boost Gauge, Custom Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMS OCC, JIC Cross Coils, M3 Front & Rear suspension upgrade, Meyle HD tie Rods
Turbo Upgrade Next...
BX TT3 is offline   No_Country
      06-23-2013, 08:36 AM   #15
Rob@RBTurbo

I've heard of 4 since the beginning of time and over 200 valves sold. Some care can avoid it from happening, but agree would be nice to have in the event it happens. I am on it though, just will take a bit of time.

Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX TT3 View Post
Now you just need to make the cover for it, i broke mine along with a few other people i know.. lol
      06-27-2013, 09:56 PM   #16
phipark
Private

Drives: 2007 335i e92 Montego Blue

payment sent. thanks, rob.
      07-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #17
Rob@RBTurbo

All who have ordered have been shipped!

BTW guys, only 1 PCV left already! Have had another 60 on order, hopefully they dont take another couple months like the last time!
      07-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #18
Boltords
Lieutenant

Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Garage List
2007 335i  [5.00]
Ill order that last one when I get home in a few hours Rob.
      07-15-2013, 02:29 PM   #19
Rob@RBTurbo

Cool, I have about 10 in stock right now so we are all good.
      07-16-2013, 08:56 AM   #20
sickem
Freude am fahren

Drives: in the fast lane

Garage List
just ordered one of these. Hopefully this will help with some of the blue smoke I am getting at startup and the burning oil smell in my cabin when I'm stopped. I'll start here, hope it's not the turbos. Free bump, Rob@rbturbo!
      07-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #21
Rob@RBTurbo

It is possible, good luck! Will get it out either today or tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickem View Post
just ordered one of these. Hopefully this will help with some of the blue smoke I am getting at startup and the burning oil smell in my cabin when I'm stopped. I'll start here, hope it's not the turbos. Free bump, Rob@rbturbo!
      07-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #22
sprygsxr
Private First Class

Drives: <LCI E90 SGM 335xi FBO

Paypal sent and bump for this guy ^
sprygsxr is offline   United_States