E90Post

E92 Lighting

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > RB N54 Upgraded/Replacement PCV Valves now in stock!!>>>

07-16-2013, 01:04 PM   #23
Rob@RBTurbo
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: 335I

Cool thanks guys, assembling some of these units now to get out to you all.

Rob
      07-16-2013, 03:09 PM   #24
sickem
Freude am fahren

Drives: in the fast lane

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo View Post
It is possible, good luck! Will get it out either today or tomorrow.
thanks Rob. Yeah oil consumption is up recently as well. Hope it's not the 'you know whats.' So if you could just slip a set of your snails into the package at no charge I'd be much obliged!

EDIT: But seriously folks, a diy I saw also recommends replacing that hose...do you agree?
      07-16-2013, 04:16 PM   #25
Rob@RBTurbo

Had you only asked BEFORE I was at the post office... I wouldve just tossed a couple turbos in there as you wished.

As anyone who calls me can attest, it is not always the turbos. In some cases it is the PCV or the check valve hose (which at about $30 I'd suggest also picking up). In others it is a bad valve cover gasket. In some others it is actually a bad valve cover. In some it is poor draining out the turbo outlets (usually this is only have turbos have been swapped though) because of a kinked line. Other times it is badly designed "aftermarket" Oil Catch cans or ones that are dirty or installed incorrectly. It could be grossly worn out oil that needs changed, or perhaps even a viscosity or brand that is not recommended for the engine. Change the oil at around 7.5k miles max as opposed to 15k miles IMO.

But of course for every other possibility, it could just as well be the turbos. They are put through lots of strain throughout there life and they certainly do not last forever. Best bet is to keep it simple, try out the cheap and easy stuff, and hope for the best

Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickem View Post
thanks Rob. Yeah oil consumption is up recently as well. Hope it's not the 'you know whats.' So if you could just slip a set of your snails into the package at no charge I'd be much obliged!

EDIT: But seriously folks, a diy I saw also recommends replacing that hose...do you agree?
      07-16-2013, 11:14 PM   #26
sickem
Freude am fahren

Drives: in the fast lane

Garage List
Quote:
Had you only asked BEFORE I was at the post office... I wouldve just tossed a couple turbos in there as you wished.

As anyone who calls me can attest, it is not always the turbos. In some cases it is the PCV or the check valve hose (which at about $30 I'd suggest also picking up). In others it is a bad valve cover gasket. In some others it is actually a bad valve cover. In some it is poor draining out the turbo outlets (usually this is only have turbos have been swapped though) because of a kinked line. Other times it is badly designed "aftermarket" Oil Catch cans or ones that are dirty or installed incorrectly. It could be grossly worn out oil that needs changed, or perhaps even a viscosity or brand that is not recommended for the engine. Change the oil at around 7.5k miles max as opposed to 15k miles IMO.

But of course for every other possibility, it could just as well be the turbos. They are put through lots of strain throughout there life and they certainly do not last forever. Best bet is to keep it simple, try out the cheap and easy stuff, and hope for the best

Rob
Rob, thanks. I appreciate the time you took to write this post. We'll start simple and go from there. Cheers!
      07-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #27
Agent11br
Captain

Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
Payment sent, thanks in advance Rob!
      07-20-2013, 07:03 AM   #28
Rob@RBTurbo

Got it. Out of stock as of this moment but will have them back in by early next week and will ship by mid next week.

Thanks,
Rob
      07-21-2013, 08:30 AM   #29
Agent11br
Captain

Garage List
Quote:
Got it. Out of stock as of this moment but will have them back in by early next week and will ship by mid next week.

Thanks,
Rob
Cool thanks!
      07-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #30
sprygsxr
Second Lieutenant

Drives: <LCI E90 SGM 335xi FBO

I must of gotten like the last one... Shipment couldn't have been any faster and a very well built product. Thanks again and a bump for you sir.
sprygsxr is offline   United_States
      07-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #31
Rob@RBTurbo

Coolness! Yeah every now and then someone gets the payment in at the right time!! ha.

Anyway, should have another 40+ in stock ready to go out in the next day or so... and then will be all caught up on orders and have some more ready to go for others.

Thanks,
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprygsxr View Post
I must of gotten like the last one... Shipment couldn't have been any faster and a very well built product. Thanks again and a bump for you sir.
      07-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #32
Rob@RBTurbo

This are back in stock and ready to ship. FYI.
      07-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #33
Agent11br
Captain

Garage List
Quote:
This are back in stock and ready to ship. FYI.
Can't wait! Once it arrives, it's going in with some new plugs

Rob, do you feel adding a BMS OCC is overkill or more of a fail-safe with the PCV upgrade?
      07-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #34
Rob@RBTurbo

I'd say it is more of a fail safe for most parties. It is really hard to say, one way or the other, what it is or does for everyone as every situation can vary- but if at the end of the day for you it catches oil than it's better than spraying it throughout your entire intake tract.

Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent11br View Post
Rob, do you feel adding a BMS OCC is overkill or more of a fail-safe with the PCV upgrade?
      07-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #35
Agent11br
Captain

Garage List
Quote:
I'd say it is more of a fail safe for most parties. It is really hard to say, one way or the other, what it is or does for everyone as every situation can vary- but if at the end of the day for you it catches oil than it's better than spraying it throughout your entire intake tract.

Rob
Touche and appreciate the reply!
      07-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #36
Rob@RBTurbo

No problemo!
      07-26-2013, 10:41 AM   #37
Rob@RBTurbo

NOTE FOR INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS and the $50 shipped price!!!

Due to several items that have been not arriving internationally for the past couple weeks (and the loss we have been sustaining by sending out replacement units), affective immediately we have to make some changes.

Here is the situation for purchase options for International customers:
1) We refund you your money to avoid the risk of shipping and loss responsibility on our behalf.
2) We ship you the unit via USPS at the cheap shipping rate and provide a tracking number at your request, but hold no responsibility for it's arrival and will not be able to assist in retrieving/contacting/etc the post offices involved in the item.
3) We get you a guaranteed shipping quote, but it typically is at around $50.
4) You provide a shipping address within the USA.

This will be our new disclaimer of sorts for International orders that utilize the cheaper shipping methods (plan on adding this to the website):
Due to the low cost of this selection and the cooperation required with the postal services that the component be delivered, RB Turbo LLC does not accept ultimate responsibility for it's arrival and will only be able to provide the tracking information for the item shipped. Therefore by making this selection you accept responsibility for the item not arriving. Please consider alternative shipping methods for a guaranteed arrival.

Sorry for the inconvenience… we have just had enough of taking responsibility for the shortcomings of the postal services within the USA and also those at the customer side's country and for each unit that is lost we lose about $50 on what would've been a $10 profit- all in the name of trying to get the item to the customer for a fair price in shipping.

Thanks for your understanding,
Rob
      08-01-2013, 04:01 PM   #38
JDrago1926
335i Owner

Drives: BMW 335i 4 Door

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Hi Rob,

I am going to order one of these, do I need to order the hose from BMW with this or does that come with it?
KW v2 Coilovers | M3 Front Control Arms
      08-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #39
Rob@RBTurbo

The check valve hose does not come with the RB PCV valve. I'd recommend ordering the new hose though. I have been thinking about ordering a dozen or so of those hoses though and adding to my website just to simplify life for customers. But for now just know they are cheap and a great idea to replace in time.

Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrago1926 View Post
Hi Rob,

I am going to order one of these, do I need to order the hose from BMW with this or does that come with it?
      08-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #40
JDrago1926
335i Owner

Drives: BMW 335i 4 Door

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
The check valve hose does not come with the RB PCV valve. I'd recommend ordering the new hose though. I have been thinking about ordering a dozen or so of those hoses though and adding to my website just to simplify life for customers. But for now just know they are cheap and a great idea to replace in time.

Rob
Thanks Rob! I have 33k on the car and I am getting my car walnut blasted.. is it worth it to buy the PCV valve and catch can at this time? What exactly does this PCV valve do?
KW v2 Coilovers | M3 Front Control Arms
      08-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #41
Rob@RBTurbo

It is just a replacement PCV valve that seals better under high boost. PCV valves are just parts that should be standard replacement after some mileage. I typically would recommend around 50k miles myself. If you car seems healthy I probably wouldn't worry about it for now.

Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrago1926 View Post
Thanks Rob! I have 33k on the car and I am getting my car walnut blasted.. is it worth it to buy the PCV valve and catch can at this time? What exactly does this PCV valve do?
      08-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #42
Rob@RBTurbo

FYI. There have been a few in the past year or so who have reported accidentally overtightening their PCV valve cap and cracking or breaking it while doing as such. It is plastic and can be a little brittle at times, so it can happen. We finally have the cure for that, the RB PCV Screw-On Cap for the N54. This compliments the RB PCV Valve nicely as well as adding some security in knowing the cap breaking is no longer much of a concern.

Note: Be careful even with this new robust cap as the valve cover is still plastic and can break if the cap is tightened excessively, which again spells problems.

Due to likely low interest, and the need to (hopefully) recover investment in this cap, we have to price it at $80 plus shipping.
Attached Images

08-23-2013, 07:38 AM   #43
Rob@RBTurbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymedaca View Post
hey rob, i can't PM you yet but I was wondering if you could email me an update on my order please? i can't find your email address

my email is: bryce - o (at) hotmail (dot) com

that's the paypal address i sent the payment from. thanks
Bryce,

Should have your order out today. I had sold the few prototype caps I had and am making a batch of 20 at this time. Have to complete them before I can ship your order. You can always email me directly for further questions.

Thanks,
Rob
      09-03-2013, 09:36 AM   #44
e92snail
Private First Class

Drives: 2007 335i 6mt JB4 HPF

How do I install the pcv valve? I just ordered one. Thanks!