E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > The most accurate, honest and straightforward summation of Baraack & Michelle Ever

06-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #45
bbbbmw
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
He's been two months late in submitting his budget every year (by law, it has to be submitted by the first Monday in Feb - he has been submitting in mid-April). His budgets are so inaccurate and packed with ridiculous stuff that Congress keeps rejecting them. Which is part of the reason for the Fiscal Cliff, Sequester, and general spending panic.
Right I get that. I figure his budget had ridiculous things full knowing Congress would reject trying to play politics with Republicans.

Does the President have to keep on resubmitting until Congress approves it or does the rest fall on Congress to take the proposal and mold it into something everyone can agree on?

As I understand it, Congress does take the budget through various committees, etc., and tries to make it work. I don't think, however, that Congressional Dems were trying to play games with Republicans - both sides unanimously rejected Obama's budget, and have been fairly vocal about it. Instead, IMO, Obama built a budget he knew would fail, to create a crisis where he could spend/appropriate at will, without Congressional oversight. With the ensuing mess, he stated that social security and military pay are at risk (neither are - they aren't budget items), and whipped up public opinion against Congress to get what he wanted, and gain additional power. And so far, that's exactly what happened.
      06-24-2013, 09:46 PM   #46
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep

Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
As I understand it, Congress does take the budget through various committees, etc., and tries to make it work. I don't think, however, that Congressional Dems were trying to play games with Republicans - both sides unanimously rejected Obama's budget, and have been fairly vocal about it. Instead, IMO, Obama built a budget he knew would fail, to create a crisis where he could spend/appropriate at will, without Congressional oversight. With the ensuing mess, he stated that social security and military pay are at risk (neither are - they aren't budget items), and whipped up public opinion against Congress to get what he wanted, and gain additional power. And so far, that's exactly what happened.
I meant Obama did it to play political games with Republicans. I didn't mean Congressional Dems were the ones playing the games.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 10:14 PM   #47
bbbbmw
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 135i

I meant Obama did it to play political games with Republicans. I didn't mean Congressional Dems were the ones playing the games.[/quote]

Oh - I understand now. But I do think it was Obama grabbing power for himself, vs. trying to make the Republicans look bad ( that was just icing on the cake). Repeatedly missing the deadline for budget submission has to be a calculated move - there's no other excuse.