E90Post

E92-lighting

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > AC not blowing any air?

06-13-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
BMW..
Lieutenant

Drives: E46 M3 /E90

AC not blowing any air?

Hey guys. Just making a long story short:

AC does not blow any air whether cold or hot regardless of fan setting

I have replaced fuse 67 (blower fuse) and it has not changed the behavior

I now have 2 repair options: replace blower itself or replace the resistor.

I am pretty sure the blower is working because I can hear activity from where the blower is when i mess with the fan settings.

I read somewhere that spraying WD40 on the blower and prodding it with a screwdriver cam "unjam" the blower and get it working again.

I dont want to spend money on a blower and it wont solve the problem. What do you guys think? Thanks
      06-14-2013, 06:45 AM   #2
Efthreeoh
Brigadier General

Drives: E90

I'd pull off the cabin airfilter housing and then start the engine and activate the manual HVAC controls to run the blower. You can clearly see the blower fan from the vent hole that are covered by the cabin airfilter housing (on the passenger side). You can prod the blow fan and try the WD40. I've not seen anywhere where someone has needed to replace a blown resistor pack.

The blower unit is about $160, the resistor is about $95. It'd cost you about the same just to have the dealer evaluate the problem for you.
Efthreeoh is offline   United_States
      06-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #3
index1489
Colonel

Drives: Out of warranty BMW

You can get the blower for ~$150 here
http://bmwpartspros.com/parts/index....&siteid=216857

Do what is suggested above, its most likely the blower.
      06-14-2013, 11:08 AM   #4
BMW..
Lieutenant

Drives: E46 M3 /E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I'd pull off the cabin airfilter housing and then start the engine and activate the manual HVAC controls to run the blower. You can clearly see the blower fan from the vent hole that are covered by the cabin airfilter housing (on the passenger side). You can prod the blow fan and try the WD40. I've not seen anywhere where someone has needed to replace a blown resistor pack.

The blower unit is about $160, the resistor is about $95. It'd cost you about the same just to have the dealer evaluate the problem for you.
I did this last night and it worked ! I saw it on a old thread and never really bothered to update it but that indeed works! Thanks for the help!
      06-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #5
dmtyper
Registered

Drives: BMW E90 330i N52 3.0

I have kind of similar problem, My ac turns on and blows air out but sometimes it is not cool air.

If I cold start the car and turn the ac on it will be cold air, If I turn the car of or the ac it will not deliver cold air.

I did some experiments and If the radiator fan goes on I the air will be cold... Sometimes it just dosent start I have no clue on what it could be if anyone knows.. Help appreciated.
      06-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #6
Hisho335i

Drives: 335i Premium/Sport/Dinan Soft

Climate control Blower doesn't work

I do have similar problem and i took out the glove box to figure out which one gone bad (FSU or Motor) to find out there is no volt coming to the blower/fsu unit, measured give me zero when blower is on, so if its nto the FSU or teh motor ! any suggestions? also i checked every fuse in that car with a volt meter.
Hisho335i is offline   United_States
      07-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #7
Hisho335i

Drives: 335i Premium/Sport/Dinan Soft

I have a 335i 2007 E90 and the inside blower is not working, with a multimeter there is no voltage coming to the motor or resistor (tried all setting high) checked all fuses. still no voltage coming on the Motor/resistor . Climate control panel all green lights and it functions normal . That happened after changing water pump/thermostat.
any ideas
Hisho335i is offline   United_States