E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Need factory default EGS module TRC file for 2009 E90 335i xdrive!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-14-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
hectic
Private
 
Drives: 335i xDrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Massachusetts

Posts: 98
iTrader: (3)

Need factory default EGS module TRC file for 2009 E90 335i xdrive!

I recently flashed my TCU with the Alpina B3 flash and need to get my paddle shifters working. Can anyone share their factory default TRC file for the EGS module for a 2009 E90 335i xdrive with sports package?

Or could I just reflash my transmission back to stock in WinKPF to obtain the factory default EGS module TRC file? Thanks in advance!
hectic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #2
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
cn555ic's Avatar
 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

Posts: 18,275
iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
You dont need a trc file....Just use NCSexpert using the Expertmode profile and code the EGS module to default and your paddle shifters should work after.
__________________
917-939-4980 CODING E and F Series New York Area

cn555ic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-16-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
hectic
Private
 
Drives: 335i xDrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Massachusetts

Posts: 98
iTrader: (3)

When you say I dont need a trc file to code to default, do ypu mean theres a diff procedure? I dont codieren_lesen and sg_codieren? I tried coding in paddles by changing the wert_00 and now I have a malfunction where I can't select a gear.
hectic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #4
rentonrider
Banned
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Renton, WA

Posts: 412
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hectic
When you say I dont need a trc file to code to default, do ypu mean theres a diff procedure? I dont codieren_lesen and sg_codieren? I tried coding in paddles by changing the wert_00 and now I have a malfunction where I can't select a gear.
Clear errors via inpa. Then expert mode like cn says and reset EGS. If problem still exists you have bigger issues.
rentonrider is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-16-2013, 05:05 PM   #5
hectic
Private
 
Drives: 335i xDrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Massachusetts

Posts: 98
iTrader: (3)

Fixed! Everything works esp paddles. Thanks for the responses. In case anyone runs into the same issue, what I did was codieren_lesen the EGS module, execute job, and once it completed once it finished, I immediately switched to sg_codieren and execute job. Once finished, everything went back to default as the members above said.

Side note, I feel better now. I was crazy nervous earlier because I couldn't select a gear due to a malfunction warning. It was a result of trying to change "paddles wert_00" to get my paddles working instead of returning the EGS module back to default. Noob.
hectic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #6
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
cn555ic's Avatar
 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

Posts: 18,275
iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by hectic View Post
Fixed! Everything works esp paddles. Thanks for the responses. In case anyone runs into the same issue, what I did was codieren_lesen the EGS module, execute job, and once it completed once it finished, I immediately switched to sg_codieren and execute job. Once finished, everything went back to default as the members above said.

Side note, I feel better now. I was crazy nervous earlier because I couldn't select a gear due to a malfunction warning. It was a result of trying to change "paddles wert_00" to get my paddles working instead of returning the EGS module back to default. Noob.
Glad u got it working
cn555ic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2013, 05:39 AM   #7
wonton1017
Bit by Modbug
 
Drives: E92 335i M-sport
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: here

Posts: 778
iTrader: (8)

Omg thank you OP, had my alpina flash for a couple weeks now and just found the time to do the part 2 a couple hours ago and I got the dreaded gear icon. Was freaking out, tried daten 50.2, daten 49.2 and daten 48.1 and none of them worked. Tried different ediabas and ncsexper versions and nothing worked T_T

So I guess the proper steps is what hectic posted:
Quote:
In case anyone runs into the same issue, what I did was codieren_lesen the EGS module, execute job, and once it completed once it finished, I immediately switched to sg_codieren and execute job. Once finished, everything went back to default as the members above said.
Thank god everything is working now, that gear icon is extremely scary as I couldn't even shift to anything. Car was pretty much dead.
wonton1017 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2014, 09:11 PM   #8
hectic
Private
 
Drives: 335i xDrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Massachusetts

Posts: 98
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonton1017 View Post
Omg thank you OP, had my alpina flash for a couple weeks now and just found the time to do the part 2 a couple hours ago and I got the dreaded gear icon. Was freaking out, tried daten 50.2, daten 49.2 and daten 48.1 and none of them worked. Tried different ediabas and ncsexper versions and nothing worked T_T

So I guess the proper steps is what hectic posted:


Thank god everything is working now, that gear icon is extremely scary as I couldn't even shift to anything. Car was pretty much dead.
Yeah it freaked me out. Glad I helped someone out.
hectic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST