E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > 2006 E90 330d central electrical failure

06-20-2013, 01:56 PM   #1
stevo71
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: 56 330d m sport

2006 E90 330d central electrical failure

Ive had the warning central electrical failure come up on the car today,please stop carefully do not continue your journey,i phoned my local indy who advised to not drive on and call the aa.They came and didnt know what it was so have taken it to the garage and i am awaiting a call......has anybody had this warning and can advise me of the problem............
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 06:12 AM   #2
Dr Dave
Zummerzet Zyder Drinker!
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: '06 330D Le Mans Blue

Garage List
Sounds painful - any update Stevo?
      06-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #3
stevo71
United Kingdom
Rep

The car is still in the garage,its under warranty but the claim limit is 1k.The garage called yesterday to inform me that while out on an extensive road test the ccc appeared to crash at 17 miles,throwing the warning up and abs dtc lights on,they are going to do a software upgrade to see if that sorts it out, if not its a new ccc unit needed,hopefully the warranty covers that, but am also in touch with the garage i purchased the car from and will see were i get with them too,they are ringing me monday with an update..........only plus side is i could upgrade to cic if its broke
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 06:26 PM   #4
stevo71
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dave View Post
Sounds painful - any update Stevo?
I got the call i was dreading today,the ccc unit would not update and has stopped working altogether and needs replacing,looking at around 800 bill as the warranty wont cover it,cant even upgrade to cic as the garage dont do it and i cant be arsed paying for all the diagnostic work and then taking to another garage for cic upgrade so am just gonna bite the bullet....Seriously considering selling now as it cost me 670 last month for a glow plug module 6 plugs and dpf regen and diagnostics and only got 133 back of warranty as they would only cover the module and fitting.....Everything else is good though had swirl flaps,full autobox service rear bearing and rear arm all done under warranty and have last week had new brakes all round surely there can be no more from a 60k car with full history
Appreciate 0