E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Watching DVDs

06-26-2013, 04:17 AM   #1
mistry
Captain

Drives: F11 530D

Watching DVDs

I know watching DVDs whilst driving is dangerous, and I have no interest in watching DVDs whilst driving.

However I have the rear entertainment system which seems to keep my 1 & 2 year happy when stuck in the car for long journeys.

This is where my problem comes in, a DVD stops and goes back to the main menu and I as the driver or my wife in the passenger seat can't see what the DVD menu is displaying to get the movie started again.

So I was considering the options for getting the DVD in motion working just for this particular reason. Anyone got any suggestions of a cheap way of getting this working. DVD in Motion seems quite steep for what it is.

I posted this over on the 5 forum but didn't get much luck. I was thinking of buying a ENET cable and coding it myself, any pointers to the software would be good. or if anyone knows any coders in the south west.

Last edited by mistry; 06-26-2013 at 05:00 AM.
      06-26-2013, 04:34 AM   #2
DTB
Enlisted Member

Drives: 320i

I can't help with the tech side, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. By the time your eldest is 3 he/she will be 100% competent in DVD control, tuning in TV's, debugging computer programs, and will delight in showing you how to work your new iphone.

Actually, on the subject of phones. There are phone apps through which you can control various media devices. It might be possible to utilise such a function in your car.