E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > [Video Guide] Full BMW Coding Setup



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-05-2013, 09:22 AM   #23
onesuperboi
Major
onesuperboi's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
1,342
Posts

 
Drives: '08 e92 335i COBB 4.01 Stage 1
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA (Alameda)

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
What exactly are you trying to do?
You want to flash your ECU or just do some coding?
I want to do the alpina trans flash. But, I only have ncsexpert.

I'll go search on piratebay tonight and see what files I find to download.

Btw, how would you return to stock if the I don't like the alpina flash?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #24
BMW..
Lieutenant
10
Rep
596
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 /E90
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Boca Raton FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator2k2 View Post
I get the same problem:

C:\EC-APPS\INPA\sgdat\MRS5.ipo(1) : error I300: Error opening object file

there are no .ipo files in the ecu folder
Check the original post I uploaded a fix
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #25
pweber
Banned
pweber's Avatar
Germany
2
Rep
258
Posts

 
Drives: M57 330D
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Heilbronn

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesuperboi View Post
I want to do the alpina trans flash. But, I only have ncsexpert.

I'll go search on piratebay tonight and see what files I find to download.

Btw, how would you return to stock if the I don't like the alpina flash?

It is really easy. You just need to read your ZB number in INPA, then you can flash your transmission and back whenever you want.

I have files prepared for flashing transmission with alpina software.
I sent you PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 06:45 AM   #26
gmros
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
33
Posts

 
Drives: bmw 320d e90
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: spain

iTrader: (0)

I get no scripts in inpa, even if I use the sgdat folder you posted in the first post.
Any clues?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 07:21 AM   #27
Bavarian Black
Second Lieutenant
Bavarian Black's Avatar
No_Country
2
Rep
297
Posts

 
Drives: 08 335i MS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: LB

iTrader: (0)

Why not just use NCSDUMMIES...obd11? Sorry I'm confused with this approach...the connecter only cost 50 bucks.
__________________
08 335i MSPORT & PR PKG/aFe St2 DCI/AA BOV kit +DP/SprintBooster Stage 2/Avant Garde 19 rims/ HNK V12 Pro Tires/BMS Wheel Spacers/ E92 M F n B kit incl blk kidney grills and sensors/Afe mach Exhaust. M3 skirts, DNA map 3
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #28
PichaDis11
Major
PichaDis11's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
1,016
Posts

 
Drives: 08 328i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY

iTrader: (3)

Just to confirm OP. The files that are ran from the command line; Are they supposed to work on a 32Bit OS? Both files gave errors on my third try. Just wondering if this maybe an issue.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 10:56 AM   #29
BMW..
Lieutenant
10
Rep
596
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 /E90
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Boca Raton FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PichaDis11
Just to confirm OP. The files that are ran from the command line; Are they supposed to work on a 32Bit OS? Both files gave errors on my third try. Just wondering if this maybe an issue.
Try putting them in your system 32 directory and then running the command prompt as administrator
__________________
Mystic Blue E90
Phoenix Yellow E46
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 11:23 AM   #30
jc_bmw
Second Lieutenant
Canada
3
Rep
237
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i E90
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Markham, Ontario

iTrader: (1)

Thanks for the tutorial. Seems to work on the first try.

Question is when I launch INPA and go into the menus such as Engine --> Airbag I get a pop up that says
Version does not match
Language Variant does not match

Any idea how to fix that?

Last edited by jc_bmw; 07-07-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 11:43 AM   #31
BMW..
Lieutenant
10
Rep
596
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 /E90
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Boca Raton FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_bmw View Post
Thanks for the tutorial. Seems to work on the first try.

Question is when I launch INPA and go into the menus such as Engine --> Airbag I get a pop up that says
Version does not match
Language Variant does not match

Any idea how to fix that?
Thats normal. Youre running a german program with old english translations
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 09:13 PM   #32
incalescence
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (0)

Just wanted to say thanks for the video. Received my cable today, and loaded the software per the video. I was successful most of the way, but ran into an issue with NCS Expert complaining about the MAN file.

Copied and renamed the TRC file to MAN, and tried again, and was able to successfully go back with F6. Found a video to illustrate the coding process for me, made the changes I wanted, and then coded back to the car. Looks like it all took, except maybe the windows/sunroof close with fob. Everything seems to be working with comfort access, though, including folding mirrors.

Regardless, I really appreciate the video, resources, and write up!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #33
BMW..
Lieutenant
10
Rep
596
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 /E90
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Boca Raton FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by incalescence View Post
Just wanted to say thanks for the video. Received my cable today, and loaded the software per the video. I was successful most of the way, but ran into an issue with NCS Expert complaining about the MAN file.

Copied and renamed the TRC file to MAN, and tried again, and was able to successfully go back with F6. Found a video to illustrate the coding process for me, made the changes I wanted, and then coded back to the car. Looks like it all took, except maybe the windows/sunroof close with fob. Everything seems to be working with comfort access, though, including folding mirrors.

Regardless, I really appreciate the video, resources, and write up!
Glad to know
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #34
Delusive
Lieutenant Colonel
Delusive's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
1,500
Posts

 
Drives: Static E92
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (6)

I pretty much did everything on the video and installed the extra files since INPA wasn't setup, after done that I changed the hardware to STD:OBD in obd.ini and installed the USB Drivers for the DCAN Cable so I can change the COM Port to 1. Once I did all that INPA recognized the cable, Battery was black then once I turned on the ignition it became black.

My problem is that when I try to see if it can communicate with my car I get all these ERROR, cannot find file MRS5.ipo. I tried all the options on INPA and all the .ipo files were no where to be found.

I'm also guessing all the other tools BMW Standard Tool installed doesn't work also.

I need help on this

By the way i'm using Windows 7 64-bit
__________________

Last edited by Delusive; 07-09-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #35
incalescence
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (0)

Did you use the SGDAT that was edited into the first post (I think it says 2nd edit: for INPA or something like that)? That wasn't included in the video. As I recall, there is an SGDAT folder in the INPA folder. I just changed the old folder name to SGDAT.OLD, and copied the SGDAT folder I extracted into it's place.

Sounds like you have base communication since it can pick up your ignition states, though.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #36
E90305
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
202
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: coral springs

iTrader: (2)

Any software in English ? I have it in German
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #37
Delusive
Lieutenant Colonel
Delusive's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
1,500
Posts

 
Drives: Static E92
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (6)

I got everything to work by just adding the missing files, did my first coding by rolling windows up on lock

Thanks for the great video, just saved me lots of money to code.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 01:38 AM   #38
BMW..
Lieutenant
10
Rep
596
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 /E90
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Boca Raton FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS-NA.E92 View Post
I got everything to work by just adding the missing files, did my first coding by rolling windows up on lock

Thanks for the great video, just saved me lots of money to code.
Makes me happy knowing I helped! Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 02:36 AM   #39
Kalulu
Second Lieutenant
Kalulu's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
217
Posts

 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Every Package
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA, San Jose

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
OMFG, How can I thank you..... I been wanting to be able to use my laptop and cable to read some damn codes, with your guide I was able to do it!!!!! Thank you is not enough, I almost took to a shop and have them read my code for $230....... THANK YOU SIR!~~~~
__________________
Jet Black 07 335i coupe(July/2006 build date) Fully Loaded {Procede v5, BMW Performance Exhaust, ETS FMIC 7",Vishnu DCI} [M3 Rep front, M3 Rep Sideskirts,M3 OEM side mirrors with CF mirror cap, OEM M3 DCT wheel with Extended Paddle shifters, Red Air Scoop, OEM Performance Spoiler, OEM LCI Tail lights, F10 style matte black side marker, Matte Black Kidney Grill, Matte Black Window trim, CF interior Wrap, Blue and White CF badge all around)
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 06:24 AM   #40
jc_bmw
Second Lieutenant
Canada
3
Rep
237
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i E90
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Markham, Ontario

iTrader: (1)

Anyone tried the Tools32 after following the instructions? The program runs but when I try to load up a program (E89) it seems to take forever then spit out an error in German.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 07:59 AM   #41
gm325xi
Private
2
Rep
63
Posts

 
Drives: 325XI
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

So with this can I code the bmw factory alarm I just installed???
__________________
I'm on the moly! (Liqui moly of course)
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 12:27 PM   #42
BMW..
Lieutenant
10
Rep
596
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 /E90
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Boca Raton FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_bmw View Post
Anyone tried the Tools32 after following the instructions? The program runs but when I try to load up a program (E89) it seems to take forever then spit out an error in German.
Run regsvr32 files in the nfs\bin folder it needs to register newer dll files. I had the same problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalulu View Post
OMFG, How can I thank you..... I been wanting to be able to use my laptop and cable to read some damn codes, with your guide I was able to do it!!!!! Thank you is not enough, I almost took to a shop and have them read my code for $230....... THANK YOU SIR!~~~~


Quote:
Originally Posted by gm325xi View Post
So with this can I code the bmw factory alarm I just installed???
Yes! Where did you get the alarm and how much did you pay?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #43
Delusive
Lieutenant Colonel
Delusive's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
1,500
Posts

 
Drives: Static E92
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (6)

I got a question, do you always read off of CAS first? because I read off FRM first then FRM again to code my LCI Taillights. Everything is great but just wondering if were supposed to only read from CAS all the time first since there's only 3 choices in the beginning CAS, FRM, and NFRM.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 09:39 PM   #44
jc_bmw
Second Lieutenant
Canada
3
Rep
237
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i E90
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Markham, Ontario

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW.. View Post
Run regsvr32 files in the nfs\bin folder it needs to register newer dll files. I had the same problem
Do you mean run REGVR32.BAT, REGVR32.EXE, REGVR32_S.BAT in nfs/bin?
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST