E90Post

VIBE Motorsports

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Maybe, just maybe....could this be possible?

07-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #1
bimmerben335i
Private First Class

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Sedan Space grey

Maybe, just maybe....could this be possible?

To make a long story short, I think that one (or more) of my injectors are bad because a few months ago I was under heavy acceleration in 4th-5th gear and noticed some "slipping" then the SES light appeared and every time I accelerated it felt like I was riding o rumble strips until the ECU "re-flashed" Well I still get slips, but I let off because I know whats going to happen.

The reason I haven't taken it in yet is because

1. I bought it from a GM dealer so I have a GM warranty. Its the highest grade GM warranty, but I still have to take it to the GM dealer before anything then the deal it out to the BMW dealer. So that's 2 extra days and going through 3rd party.

2. I live many miles away from family and this is my only car and im not paying for a rental car because.....wait for the 3rd reason bellow...

3. The BMW service dept is on a 3 week back up right now so they wont even touch my car for weeks! And I cant schedule a appt because its gotta go through the GM dealer first. That would be about $500+ for a freaking rental....no sir.

But now im reading about waste gate rattles and I deff have one. I also read that it could "over boost" and throw a code.....So could this possibly be what was happening before to my car and not the injectors like I thought?

I really do NOT wanna go through the GM dealer 2 times....already been through them once....for a AC compressor.....3 weeks without my car. I was only in their shop for 2 days....it sat in their parking lot for 19 days. Anyways....any help?
      07-01-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
miringrains
blacks on blacks on blacks on racks

Drives: '11.5 M3 E93

Its a misfire my friend, same problem I had. Find the cylinder, and replace either coilpack or sparkplug or both.
      07-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #3
fazman
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerben335i View Post
To make a long story short, I think that one (or more) of my injectors are bad because a few months ago I was under heavy acceleration in 4th-5th gear and noticed some "slipping" then the SES light appeared and every time I accelerated it felt like I was riding o rumble strips until the ECU "re-flashed" Well I still get slips, but I let off because I know whats going to happen.

The reason I haven't taken it in yet is because

1. I bought it from a GM dealer so I have a GM warranty. Its the highest grade GM warranty, but I still have to take it to the GM dealer before anything then the deal it out to the BMW dealer. So that's 2 extra days and going through 3rd party.

2. I live many miles away from family and this is my only car and im not paying for a rental car because.....wait for the 3rd reason bellow...

3. The BMW service dept is on a 3 week back up right now so they wont even touch my car for weeks! And I cant schedule a appt because its gotta go through the GM dealer first. That would be about $500+ for a freaking rental....no sir.

But now im reading about waste gate rattles and I deff have one. I also read that it could "over boost" and throw a code.....So could this possibly be what was happening before to my car and not the injectors like I thought?

I really do NOT wanna go through the GM dealer 2 times....already been through them once....for a AC compressor.....3 weeks without my car. I was only in their shop for 2 days....it sat in their parking lot for 19 days. Anyways....any help?
Sounds like you need to find a good indy mechanic near you who can do the inspection for a small amount of money. Should take about max 1 hr and about $50-$100. This would save you all the hassle with the GM dealer/BMW dealership.

What city/state or zip code are you near? Maybe another forum member can point you to a good Indy near you??!!

- Faz
fazman is offline   United_States
      07-02-2013, 07:05 PM   #4
bimmerben335i
Private First Class

A Indy would help. However I have no experience with Indy's. Nobody within 100+ miles will even look at them because they know they need special tools. But yet there are MANY people around here that have BMW's...makes no sense to not have a Indy.

Anyone with some help on finding one close by?

Lynchburg Virginia.
      07-03-2013, 10:23 PM   #5
bimmerben335i
Private First Class

Man I didn't expect all this help!!! thanks guys -__-
      07-04-2013, 08:58 AM   #6
CJ421
Brigadier General

Drives: 2011 E92 335i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.66]
Check the Mid-Atlantic regional forum, you should be able to get recommendations on a good Indy shop:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45
I agree that an Indy shop is your best option.
2011 BMW E92 335i, 6MT, Le Mans blue - Quaife LSD, JRZ RS Pro, JRZ camber plates, Eibach ERS, full M3 susp, custom toe arms, Powergrid end-links, SS brake lines, brake ducting, Michelin PSS, UUC SSK, ETS FMIC, ER CP, Perf. Exhaust, VAC RSIK, Sparcos; work by VAC Motorsports in Philadelphia
CJ421 is offline   United_States