Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

  E90Post
 


TireRack

   PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Help with choosing new wheels



Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #1
Dcara
Private First Class
Dcara's Avatar
Canada
1
Rep
180
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Edmonton

iTrader: (0)

Help with choosing new wheels

Hi guys. Just looking for pic and thoughts on the rims I'm debating over for my 07 e90.

I like the concave look but I'm not a fan of the fronts being flat with concave rears and it's hard to tell how concave some of the fronts will be.

The rims I'm looking at are...
Avant garde m510
Vertini monaco
Stance sc five or six

I'm looking at 19 and trying to get as aggressive as a stance I can get
Appreciate any thoughts you guys may have.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 10:37 AM   #2
NJ330i
Major
NJ330i's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
1,367
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 Electric Red 330i
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (29)

Garage List
2006 BMW  [4.75]
Out of the 3 I picked Vertini
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 10:58 AM   #3
flip4335
General Nuisance in a Private Conveyance
flip4335's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,835
Posts

 
Drives: like it's rented
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: behind the wheel

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcara View Post
Hi guys. Just looking for pic and thoughts on the rims I'm debating over for my 07 e90.

I like the concave look but I'm not a fan of the fronts being flat with concave rears and it's hard to tell how concave some of the fronts will be.

I'm looking at 19 and trying to get as aggressive as a stance I can get
Appreciate any thoughts you guys may have.

Thanks
You might consider Avant Garde M359 (eight spoke) or M310 (seven spoke)

I have Style 219M wheels in 18-inch and they have pretty aggressive offsets (29F/23R). You might also want to consider other OEM M3 wheels, too, especially Competition Package wheels, Styling 359M at 9X19, ET31F/10x19, ET25R:

http://felgenkatalog.auto-treff.com/



__________________

BMWCCA Member # 414198 Slightly Modded|e90|SGM|6MT|LCI MSport Conversion|MTech|Premium|Cold|Sport|Tint|Blackline |219M|PSS|Quaife|Helix|AR Catted|Cobb
Quaife Review: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311570
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 11:14 AM   #4
Dcara
Private First Class
Dcara's Avatar
Canada
1
Rep
180
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Edmonton

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ330i View Post
Out of the 3 I picked Vertini
How are the fronts on the vertini? Are they concave as well? What size and offset did you go with? You car looks sick.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #5
Dcara
Private First Class
Dcara's Avatar
Canada
1
Rep
180
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Edmonton

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip4335 View Post
You might consider Avant Garde M359 (eight spoke) or M310 (seven spoke)

I have Style 219M wheels in 18-inch and they have pretty aggressive offsets (29F/23R). You might also want to consider other OEM M3 wheels, too, especially Competition Package wheels, Styling 359M at 9X19, ET31F/10x19, ET25R:

http://felgenkatalog.auto-treff.com/




Looks sweet. Did they fit no problem with those offsets?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #6
MonacoBlueE90
Colonel
MonacoBlueE90's Avatar
Finland
30
Rep
2,404
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E90 Pre-LCI
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Most of the "concave" wheels wont be concave or have very little at front if they are something like 8.5 wide. Wider wheels= more concave. Also the offset affects to concavity.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #7
NJ330i
Major
NJ330i's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
1,367
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 Electric Red 330i
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (29)

Garage List
2006 BMW  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcara View Post
How are the fronts on the vertini? Are they concave as well? What size and offset did you go with? You car looks sick.
Thanks
The Fronts I would say are not concave but they are not completely flat either
I have 20x8.5 et 35 front and 20x10 et38 rear with a 5mm spacer so thats et33 rear
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #8
Cal@MORR
Second Lieutenant
Cal@MORR's Avatar
4
Rep
239
Posts

 
Drives: E39 M5
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Surprised nobody has mentioned the VS8.2....

Long established to have a nice concave fitment for BMW E90s..







more info in below thread
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=455424

Feel free to PM or email me at cal@morrwheels.com for more info!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #9
Dcara
Private First Class
Dcara's Avatar
Canada
1
Rep
180
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Edmonton

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal@MORR View Post
Surprised nobody has mentioned the VS8.2....

Long established to have a nice concave fitment for BMW E90s..







more info in below thread
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=455424

Feel free to PM or email me at cal@morrwheels.com for more info!
There are a few more rims I love. Unfortunately they are way out of my price range.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST