E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Offset question



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-09-2013, 01:48 AM   #1
Aha
Private First Class
1
Rep
117
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335XI coupe
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Washington

iTrader: (1)

Offset question

Im thinkn of
19x8.5 19x9.5
235/35/19 265/30/19

on my 2011 335xi coupe.

will this setup work?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 05:59 AM   #2
klov335
Lieutenant
Canada
7
Rep
565
Posts

 
Drives: e90 lci n55 xdrive
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Yellowknife, NT

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to klov335
yes sir
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 12:28 PM   #3
BAMxi
Lieutenant
BAMxi's Avatar
7
Rep
479
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328xi
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Kansas City, MO

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 328xi  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aha View Post
Im thinkn of
19x8.5 19x9.5
235/35/19 265/30/19

on my 2011 335xi coupe.

will this setup work?
I ran those tire specs for a while. I'm now running 275/30 in the back, just for peace of mind on the xdrive transfer case and I'm a preLCI e90, so I can fit it. You should be fine running those sizes. But, your title of your thread indicates you have a question about offsets (how far the wheels stick out from your hubs). this is usually denoted by et and then a number. for example, my wheels are et33 rear and et35 front (if I'm remembering correctly). anyway, your car is an LCI model, which means you won't want to run anything much more aggressive in the rear. I could actually run spacers on mine, because I'm preLCI. but also be sure to check your wheel offsets before you purchase new wheels, otherwise you could end up rubbing or having your wheels look goofy sitting too far inside your fenders. Just know that anything in the 30s, you're probably ok with, and the lower the number means the more aggressive the fit. If you get down into the 20s, you'll probably be looking at rolling your fenders, running a stretched tire, or having to play with your suspension setup.

If you're working with pretty much any vendor on here, they'll likely have sold enough wheels to set you up with the right offsets. I hope that helps.
__________________
Eibach Pro Kit | 19" Avant Garde M341 | BMS PBX
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #4
Aha
Private First Class
1
Rep
117
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335XI coupe
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Washington

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMxi View Post
I ran those tire specs for a while. I'm now running 275/30 in the back, just for peace of mind on the xdrive transfer case and I'm a preLCI e90, so I can fit it. You should be fine running those sizes. But, your title of your thread indicates you have a question about offsets (how far the wheels stick out from your hubs). this is usually denoted by et and then a number. for example, my wheels are et33 rear and et35 front (if I'm remembering correctly). anyway, your car is an LCI model, which means you won't want to run anything much more aggressive in the rear. I could actually run spacers on mine, because I'm preLCI. but also be sure to check your wheel offsets before you purchase new wheels, otherwise you could end up rubbing or having your wheels look goofy sitting too far inside your fenders. Just know that anything in the 30s, you're probably ok with, and the lower the number means the more aggressive the fit. If you get down into the 20s, you'll probably be looking at rolling your fenders, running a stretched tire, or having to play with your suspension setup.

If you're working with pretty much any vendor on here, they'll likely have sold enough wheels to set you up with the right offsets. I hope that helps.
Thank you so much for the awesome answer
i was trying to trade my 193m wheel with that wheel.
hes saying that it fitted on e46 m3. So was wondering if it will fit in my car
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #5
BAMxi
Lieutenant
BAMxi's Avatar
7
Rep
479
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328xi
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Kansas City, MO

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 328xi  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aha View Post
Thank you so much for the awesome answer
i was trying to trade my 193m wheel with that wheel.
hes saying that it fitted on e46 m3. So was wondering if it will fit in my car
yeah, i'd definitely check on the offsets. I can't recall what the e46 M3s run from stock, but they might be a little aggressive for your e92.
__________________
Eibach Pro Kit | 19" Avant Garde M341 | BMS PBX
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST