E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Drones in the US



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-02-2013, 02:23 PM   #45
Killerfish2012
Major
 
Drives: E90 335I, E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midwest

Posts: 1,275
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1oh7 View Post
Foreign drones already flying over the US?
Yep, they already have been flying stealth planes over us since the 60's and we over them, and there are stealth drones that fly as high as the SR-71, so why isn't it obvious that they are flying over us right now?
__________________
E90 335I: FBO +wavetrac LSD
E92 M3: K&N, V1, Yokohama AD08
Killerfish2012 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2013, 02:26 PM   #46
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
 
Drives: Exceptionally well :)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 1,183
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42 View Post
I have no idea how old you are but there has been law enforcement conducted by air for at least 50 years that I personally know of. I was busted coming home one week end from collage in 1962. I never saw the officer at all until I was waved over to the side of the road. Back in those days the rader unit was easy to spot as you approached them. The cops used a rader unit that was about two foot by one foot and sat on a tripod along side the road. Plus if you ran the same route like I did from home to school and back the cops always used the same locations. The officer informed me that I was "timed" by an officer flying over head in a plane. 85 in 70 was a bit much he told me and he had no choice but to write it. Hey what does one expect of a 20 year old kid in a 409. So a "drone" or airplane is not something new to law enforcement.
True, as soon as you cross over GA to FL there are signs saying that speed is monitored from air planes. Although, i do believe the officer with the radar or doing the timing now has to write the ticket in FL. I think they just chose to leave the signs on the highway.
__________________
-Joe


"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Mr Tonka is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2013, 07:22 PM   #47
bbbbmw
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

Posts: 569
iTrader: (0)

Red light cameras are a kind if "stationary drone" - you are tried and convicted with no human witness. Airborne drones expand the lawless intrusion of government into the lives of citizens.
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
bbbbmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2013, 05:32 AM   #48
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Templar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

Posts: 1,817
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Are you aware that this thread is about government using drones in US airspace to monitor US citizens?
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Templar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2013, 02:18 PM   #49
BlueZ4Arizona
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chandler, AZ

Posts: 101
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Are you aware that this thread is about government using drones in US airspace to monitor US citizens?
Are you aware it transitioned into the use of drones in foreign countries?
BlueZ4Arizona is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2013, 02:25 PM   #50
BlueZ4Arizona
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chandler, AZ

Posts: 101
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1oh7 View Post
How so? People who have been bombed, and first responders who've been "double tapped" are further provoked to hate the United States and with good reason when your kids are being murdered based on a possible terrorist being in the area, but without a way of verifying the drone strike is approved regardless. It makes it a lot easier to recruit when you have proof of what a foreign government is doing to your people on a daily basis. When your people are terrorized, that's how you get increased recruitment, look none other to our build-up after 9/11 for your proof. Oh, and I'm not a pacifist either, currently Active Duty Navy and my occupation is Aviation Ordnanceman.
My opinion will not change. Your opinion will not change.

I don't care or mind that others have different opinions than me.

A continued attempt to try to poke holes in my beliefs or to convince me that your opinion is correct is a waste of your time. Nothing anyone else says or thinks will change my stance, which is that the using drones to hunt and kill the enemy like the rats they are, is HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL

Last edited by BlueZ4Arizona; 09-03-2013 at 02:31 PM.
BlueZ4Arizona is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #51
i dunno
Lieutenant
 
Drives: a pair of legs
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 408
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZ4Arizona View Post
My opinion will not change. Your opinion will not change.

I don't care or mind that others have different opinions than me.

A continued attempt to try to poke holes in my beliefs or to convince me that your opinion is correct is a waste of your time. Nothing anyone else says or thinks will change my stance, which is that the using drones to hunt and kill the enemy like the rats they are, is HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL
MURICA
i dunno is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #52
BlueZ4Arizona
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chandler, AZ

Posts: 101
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by i dunno View Post
MURICA
Oh Puleeese. Are you one of those corny people that need to categorize others with a silly acronym?

The bottom line is that the foreign drone program will march on, like it or not.

Last edited by BlueZ4Arizona; 09-03-2013 at 05:23 PM.
BlueZ4Arizona is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #53
i dunno
Lieutenant
 
Drives: a pair of legs
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 408
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZ4Arizona View Post
Oh Puleeese. Are you one of those corny people that need to categorize others with a silly acronym?

The bottom line is that the foreign drone program will march on, like it or not.
what? its not an acronym. i just wanted to interject my extreme patriotism.

how dare you question my love for this country. it's perfect and can do no wrong! MURICA!

Last edited by i dunno; 09-03-2013 at 06:21 PM.
i dunno is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #54
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
 
Drives: Exceptionally well :)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 1,183
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZ4Arizona View Post
Are you aware it transitioned into the use of drones in foreign countries?
Are you aware that you are the one who transitioned it? Looks like you were unaware from your first post; hence my first question to you.
__________________
-Joe


"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Mr Tonka is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #55
BlueZ4Arizona
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chandler, AZ

Posts: 101
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Are you aware that you are the one who transitioned it? Looks like you were unaware from your first post; hence my first question to you.
YES I know I transitioned it. Wasn't that part obvious?
The big question is: SO WHAT?
BlueZ4Arizona is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #56
Eagle1oh7
Captain
 
Eagle1oh7's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 328i Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chula Vista CA

Posts: 689
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZ4Arizona View Post
My opinion will not change. Your opinion will not change.

I don't care or mind that others have different opinions than me.

A continued attempt to try to poke holes in my beliefs or to convince me that your opinion is correct is a waste of your time. Nothing anyone else says or thinks will change my stance, which is that the using drones to hunt and kill the enemy like the rats they are, is HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL
The fact is that your opinion is misinformed.
__________________
DONE: Seibon CF Hood, M3 Rep, MSport rear w/Duke Dynamics CF Diffuser, Rieger Rep Skirts, aFe Stage 2 PRO-R Intake, Seibon CSL trunklid, Forgestar F14 18s w/Michelin PSS

FUTURE MODS: Eisenmann Full Cat-back Exhaust, OETuning ECU, MMW Headers, CF mirror caps, Bi-Xenon headlights, CF rooftop, CF lip
Eagle1oh7 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2013, 10:40 PM   #57
BlueZ4Arizona
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chandler, AZ

Posts: 101
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1oh7 View Post
The fact is that your opinion is misinformed.
You are entitled to your opinion, but sadly, it is wrong.
BlueZ4Arizona is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2013, 12:16 AM   #58
M3Denver
Lieutenant
 
M3Denver's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Denver CO

Posts: 423
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZ4Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1oh7 View Post
The fact is that your opinion is misinformed.
You are entitled to your opinion, but sadly, it is wrong.
So what is your opinion of drone use on US Citizens?
Consider especially now that we have US govt officials on record putting entire LARGE Christian religious groups on terrorist group watch lists.
Do blanket terrorist labels applied by government to massive amounts of the US christian population sound logical to you ?
I put forth that If you blindly trust the governments whimsical definition of terrorists and think Catholics or Protestants born, raised and living in thr USA are all terrorists because uncle Sam said so then by your logic explained so far, it would be ok to use drones here in the USA as well?
M3Denver is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2013, 07:57 AM   #59
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Templar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

Posts: 1,817
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZ4Arizona View Post
You are entitled to your opinion, but sadly, it is wrong.
No, you are wrong.

(see, I can act like an infant too)
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Templar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #60
BlueZ4Arizona
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chandler, AZ

Posts: 101
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
No, you are wrong.

(see, I can act like an infant too)
Infants tend to mimic adults, so that makes you the infant, no?
BlueZ4Arizona is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #61
BlueZ4Arizona
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chandler, AZ

Posts: 101
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Denver View Post
So what is your opinion of drone use on US Citizens?
Consider especially now that we have US govt officials on record putting entire LARGE Christian religious groups on terrorist group watch lists.
Do blanket terrorist labels applied by government to massive amounts of the US christian population sound logical to you ?
I put forth that If you blindly trust the governments whimsical definition of terrorists and think Catholics or Protestants born, raised and living in thr USA are all terrorists because uncle Sam said so then by your logic explained so far, it would be ok to use drones here in the USA as well?
I have little passion for that debate.
However, if one has nothing to hide, then one shouldn't really care whether a drone is watching them, right?
BlueZ4Arizona is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #62
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Templar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

Posts: 1,817
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZ4Arizona View Post
Infants tend to mimic adults, so that makes you the infant, no?
Keep on keeping on, champ.

__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Templar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #63
BlueZ4Arizona
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chandler, AZ

Posts: 101
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Keep on keeping on, champ.

Do you amuse yourself often with your own jokes you laugh out loud to?
BlueZ4Arizona is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #64
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
 
Drives: Exceptionally well :)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 1,183
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1oh7 View Post
The fact is that your opinion is misinformed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZ4Arizona View Post
You are entitled to your opinion, but sadly, it is wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
No, you are wrong.

(see, I can act like an infant too)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZ4Arizona View Post
I'm rubber, you're glue. What you say bounces off of me and sticks on you!
Fixed that for ya....
__________________
-Joe


"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Mr Tonka is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #65
Eagle1oh7
Captain
 
Eagle1oh7's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 328i Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chula Vista CA

Posts: 689
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZ4Arizona View Post
I have little passion for that debate.
However, if one has nothing to hide, then one shouldn't really care whether a drone is watching them, right?
Just because you're not nefarious in your affairs, doesn't mean it's okay. What if you're suspected and are incarcerated even though you never did anything?
__________________
DONE: Seibon CF Hood, M3 Rep, MSport rear w/Duke Dynamics CF Diffuser, Rieger Rep Skirts, aFe Stage 2 PRO-R Intake, Seibon CSL trunklid, Forgestar F14 18s w/Michelin PSS

FUTURE MODS: Eisenmann Full Cat-back Exhaust, OETuning ECU, MMW Headers, CF mirror caps, Bi-Xenon headlights, CF rooftop, CF lip
Eagle1oh7 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2013, 11:13 PM   #66
bbbbmw
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

Posts: 569
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZ4Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Denver View Post
So what is your opinion of drone use on US Citizens?
Consider especially now that we have US govt officials on record putting entire LARGE Christian religious groups on terrorist group watch lists.
Do blanket terrorist labels applied by government to massive amounts of the US christian population sound logical to you ?
I put forth that If you blindly trust the governments whimsical definition of terrorists and think Catholics or Protestants born, raised and living in thr USA are all terrorists because uncle Sam said so then by your logic explained so far, it would be ok to use drones here in the USA as well?
I have little passion for that debate.
However, if one has nothing to hide, then one shouldn't really care whether a drone is watching them, right?
That's a very naive view. Once an infrastructure is in place it will get abused. Maybe this administration, maybe the next, but no mistake - someone will. Take the IRS scandal for example, whoever is in power will abuse the system to target political enemies. It's bipartisan too. Or take the NSA scandal... storing your data, scanning your email, etc... you might be fine with that now, but you'll never know what will get used at some point against you. Maybe you are comfy with living in a police state, but I'm not. Information and data is power.
Agree 100%. And where does it stop? Who gets to say what is too much? Is it okay if the government accesses the BMW SOS device, to listen inside your car to see if children have been left alone? (It happened with OnStar).

Same goes for the"black box" in your car - are you okay with it tracking every driving move, seatbelt use, etc., when it can be subpoenaed by your insurance company and used against you?

Erosion of our privacy rights has increased dramatically under this administration, and shows no sign of stopping.
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
bbbbmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST