E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > About to order a Porter Cable 7424 kit - Suggestions please



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #23
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
psnt1ol's Avatar
7
Rep
474
Posts

 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: san francisco

iTrader: (0)

Unless your paint is trash, Menzerna SIP (SI 1500) with the Flex on the Cyan hydrotech LC pad should be able to handle most of your defects. If you ever want to pick up more pads....look into the LC Hybrid pads. They were designed with the Flex in mind. Do a test spot and confirm your process prior to working on the entire vehicle is always a good idea.

Every Car is a little different so what works on one might not work as well on another. Use the least aggressive approach to get the job done. Why use a hammer while a fly swatter will do. I see too many people automatically grab the biggest hammer they can find without exploring other options because they feel it could get the job done faster. It is true that you could get good results with them but it will come at the expense of your clear coat.

Compounding generally should be follow by polishing to refine the finish but FG400 has proven to be product that could get you to a almost LSP ready finish for some paint system. I find Meg M101 has similar attributes as F400. M101, M105, and FG400 are your large hammers so please use them with discretion.

Good Luck and have fun.
__________________


What is absolute control???? Having the means and the abilities to exercise it at will but....chooses not to.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #24
psmitty95
Brigadier General
psmitty95's Avatar
United_States
101
Rep
3,738
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E90 335i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greenwich, CT/ Dallas, TX

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
Unless your paint is trash, Menzerna SIP (SI 1500) with the Flex on the Cyan hydrotech LC pad should be able to handle most of your defects. If you ever want to pick up more pads....look into the LC Hybrid pads. They were designed with the Flex in mind. Do a test spot and confirm your process prior to working on the entire vehicle is always a good idea.

Every Car is a little different so what works on one might not work as well on another. Use the least aggressive approach to get the job done. Why use a hammer while a fly swatter will do. I see too many people automatically grab the biggest hammer they can find without exploring other options because they feel it could get the job done faster. It is true that you could get good results with them but it will come at the expense of your clear coat.

Compounding generally should be follow by polishing to refine the finish but FG400 has proven to be product that could get you to a almost LSP ready finish for some paint system. I find Meg M101 has similar attributes as F400. M101, M105, and FG400 are your large hammers so please use them with discretion.

Good Luck and have fun.
Yea I definitely don't want to take away more clear coat then need be. My paint is in pretty good condition although I will work on some cars with paint in awful condition.

Ok so i'm going to try to get an order in today. So far I know I need/want IronX, and the Menzerna PL sealant. Still trying to figure out exactly what menzerna compounds/polishes I should get for now and also a good carnauba wax that isn't too expensive (P21s?). So should I get the following:
-IronX
-Menzerna PL sealant
-Menzerna FG400 (only for paint in really bad condition)
-Menzerna PF2500
-Menzerna Si1500

So now the only thing i'm trying to figure out is is it worth it to have both the power finish and the super intensive polish or should I just get the power finish and skip the si1500 for now? Lastly still trying to figure out good carnauba wax

Also anyone try the nanoskin autoscrub? Was thinking about getting it but have heard a lot of mixed reviews.
__________________
< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: Cobb V3 w/ Motiv Tune, VRSF DP/FMIC, ER CP, Roc-Euro DCI, SteveAZ LPFP & more
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Shop I use: Aci Dynamix 408AWHP/ 483AWTQ Uncorrected Mustang Dyno
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 02:11 PM   #25
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
psnt1ol's Avatar
7
Rep
474
Posts

 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: san francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95 View Post
Yea I definitely don't want to take away more clear coat then need be. My paint is in pretty good condition although I will work on some cars with paint in awful condition.

Ok so i'm going to try to get an order in today. So far I know I need/want IronX, and the Menzerna PL sealant. Still trying to figure out exactly what menzerna compounds/polishes I should get for now and also a good carnauba wax that isn't too expensive (P21s?). So should I get the following:
-IronX
-Menzerna PL sealant
-Menzerna FG400 (only for paint in really bad condition)
-Menzerna PF2500
-Menzerna Si1500

So now the only thing i'm trying to figure out is is it worth it to have both the power finish and the super intensive polish or should I just get the power finish and skip the si1500 for now? Lastly still trying to figure out good carnauba wax

Also anyone try the nanoskin autoscrub? Was thinking about getting it but have heard a lot of mixed reviews.
I use both the nanoskin autoscrub pad and the mitt in fine and medium grade. They both have their place and they both speed up the claying process dramatically. The main issue with them is marring but then if you are doing polishing afterward then it is a non issue. The key to getting them to work correctly is breaking them in. I use them mainly for the time saving factor.

SIP ( SI 1500) will take care of most defects except for the really nasty ones and SF4000 is a great compliment to it (or the Sonax Perfect Finish). SF4000 is really a light/finishing polish and you could use it to maintain your car going forward. Sonax Perfect Finish is awesome (it is kind of pricey). It cuts a bit less than PF 2500 but it finishes like SF4500. I tried it this week and this will soon be my new work horse. This is the one to get IMO.

I am not a wax guy but I had topped a sealant with a wax numerous times in the past. I do it mainly only for looks. I find CG 50/50 or Collinite 845 (a lower cost alternative) great for this purpose.
__________________


What is absolute control???? Having the means and the abilities to exercise it at will but....chooses not to.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #26
psmitty95
Brigadier General
psmitty95's Avatar
United_States
101
Rep
3,738
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E90 335i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greenwich, CT/ Dallas, TX

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
I use both the nanoskin autoscrub pad and the mitt in fine and medium grade. They both have their place and they both speed up the claying process dramatically. The main issue with them is marring but then if you are doing polishing afterward then it is a non issue. The key to getting them to work correctly is breaking them in. I use them mainly for the time saving factor.

SIP ( SI 1500) will take care of most defects except for the really nasty ones and SF4000 is a great compliment to it (or the Sonax Perfect Finish). SF4000 is really a light/finishing polish and you could use it to maintain your car going forward. Sonax Perfect Finish is awesome (it is kind of pricey). It cuts a bit less than PF 2500 but it finishes like SF4500. I tried it this week and this will soon be my new work horse. This is the one to get IMO.

I am not a wax guy but I had topped a sealant with a wax numerous times in the past. I do it mainly only for looks. I find CG 50/50 or Collinite 845 (a lower cost alternative) great for this purpose.
Ok i'm starting to get so confused with all these intials and stuff... hahaha. So knowing my goals and what i'm going to try to achieve with these any chance you could give me an exact list of what you think I should order today. I can always add more products down the line but right now i'm trying to get a few good core products. I thought my list above was set but now there's even more to consider . Ahahaha all this detailing product research is giving me a headache
__________________
< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: Cobb V3 w/ Motiv Tune, VRSF DP/FMIC, ER CP, Roc-Euro DCI, SteveAZ LPFP & more
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Shop I use: Aci Dynamix 408AWHP/ 483AWTQ Uncorrected Mustang Dyno
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #27
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
psnt1ol's Avatar
7
Rep
474
Posts

 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: san francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95 View Post
Ok i'm starting to get so confused with all these intials and stuff... hahaha. So knowing my goals and what i'm going to try to achieve with these any chance you could give me an exact list of what you think I should order today. I can always add more products down the line but right now i'm trying to get a few good core products. I thought my list above was set but now there's even more to consider . Ahahaha all this detailing product research is giving me a headache
PMed.....
__________________


What is absolute control???? Having the means and the abilities to exercise it at will but....chooses not to.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #28
Zero_09
Lieutenant
Canada
8
Rep
506
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton

iTrader: (1)

The more you read the more you will want to try new things. That's how it was for me. I just started this year and I've already spent a little more than $2k on detailing products.

As for a wax try Collinite 915. It's a bit harder to use but I've heard great things about it and it's around $30.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ite-915-a.html

I suggest getting FG400 for a compound or if you want something cheaper look into Meg's mention by psnt1ol.

You can check this out to decide what you need
http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-of-germany.html

I'll try to find you another chart when I'm home comparing all the compounds and polishes. I have it saved somewhere at my home computer.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #29
psmitty95
Brigadier General
psmitty95's Avatar
United_States
101
Rep
3,738
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E90 335i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greenwich, CT/ Dallas, TX

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_09 View Post
The more you read the more you will want to try new things. That's how it was for me. I just started this year and I've already spent a little more than $2k on detailing products.

As for a wax try Collinite 915. It's a bit harder to use but I've heard great things about it and it's around $30.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ite-915-a.html

I suggest getting FG400 for a compound or if you want something cheaper look into Meg's mention by psnt1ol.

You can check this out to decide what you need
http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-of-germany.html

I'll try to find you another chart when I'm home comparing all the compounds and polishes. I have it saved somewhere at my home computer.
Yea I was looking at that chart for a bit and it's definitely helpful. Ok so now i'm down to two last things i'm trying to decide but otherwise my list is pretty set. So far the list is the following:
-Menzerna FG400
-Menzerna SI 1500
-Menzerna power Lock sealant

What i'm trying to decide now is if I should do SF4000 or sonax perfect finish. Any chance you've tried both? I'm also trying to figure out a good inexpensive wax. I was set on the collinite but then I started reading reviews on how hard it is to use and remove especially
__________________
< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: Cobb V3 w/ Motiv Tune, VRSF DP/FMIC, ER CP, Roc-Euro DCI, SteveAZ LPFP & more
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Shop I use: Aci Dynamix 408AWHP/ 483AWTQ Uncorrected Mustang Dyno
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #30
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
psnt1ol's Avatar
7
Rep
474
Posts

 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: san francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95 View Post
Yea I was looking at that chart for a bit and it's definitely helpful. Ok so now i'm down to two last things i'm trying to decide but otherwise my list is pretty set. So far the list is the following:
-Menzerna FG400
-Menzerna SI 1500
-Menzerna power Lock sealant

What i'm trying to decide now is if I should do SF4000 or sonax perfect finish. Any chance you've tried both? I'm also trying to figure out a good inexpensive wax. I was set on the collinite but then I started reading reviews on how hard it is to use and remove especially
If you apply a very thin coat of Collinite and not let it sit too long then the removal process is very easy. If you wait until you finish applying the entire car prior to removal than you might be in for a work out. Use your flex DA to lay down a thin layer and take it off as soon as that particular panel starts to haze. You might have to do this panel by panel. Don't be afraid of it...both 845 and 915 are good products.
__________________


What is absolute control???? Having the means and the abilities to exercise it at will but....chooses not to.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 09:23 PM   #31
psmitty95
Brigadier General
psmitty95's Avatar
United_States
101
Rep
3,738
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E90 335i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greenwich, CT/ Dallas, TX

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
If you apply a very thin coat of Collinite and not let it sit too long then the removal process is very easy. If you wait until you finish applying the entire car prior to removal than you might be in for a work out. Use your flex DA to lay down a thin layer and take it off as soon as that particular panel starts to haze. You might have to do this panel by panel. Don't be afraid of it...both 845 and 915 are good products.
Ok I guess I can give it a try. Sadly it's starting to look like I might not be getting the flex. Was supposed to pick it up tonight but now really annoyed at my friend who was selling it to me. He keeps playing games with me and has awful business tactics. As a result it looks like I might wind up just getting a griots kit from autogeek with a few pads. I think they have a kit for $200 with 5 or 6 pads which I might be getting
__________________
< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: Cobb V3 w/ Motiv Tune, VRSF DP/FMIC, ER CP, Roc-Euro DCI, SteveAZ LPFP & more
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Shop I use: Aci Dynamix 408AWHP/ 483AWTQ Uncorrected Mustang Dyno
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 09:32 PM   #32
Zero_09
Lieutenant
Canada
8
Rep
506
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton

iTrader: (1)

I've personally used Collinite 845 and I didn't find it hard to use at all. I did follow this guide though

Collinite #845: The Definitive How-To Guide For This Legendary Wax

I didn't get a chance to use Collinite 915 yet but I think I'll pick it up in the future. I found that the Bouncer's Vanilla Ice paste wax a lot harder to use. I put that on too thick and did the whole car before removing it off and it was bitch to get off. Collinite 845 is a liquid wax so it was easier for me. You just have to be careful with Collinite 915. It's a hard paste wax so take your time and do one panel at a time. Get some foam applicators too. They are what most detailers use for applying a paste wax.

The GG polisher with 6 pads don't seem like a good deal to me.

You can get six 5.5inc B&S pads for $30 with the 15% "PADS15" coupon at ADS

You can the GG polisher with 10 pads here

Look around elsewhere to get more value for your money. Autogeek often have sales but usually polishers are excluded. I actually got my GG polisher at Autopia when they had a 10% coupon with no exclusions and got my pads and other detailing stuff from elsewhere.

Last edited by Zero_09; 07-19-2013 at 09:41 PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 09:49 PM   #33
Otruba_843
Major
Otruba_843's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
1,458
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95 View Post
Ok I guess I can give it a try. Sadly it's starting to look like I might not be getting the flex. Was supposed to pick it up tonight but now really annoyed at my friend who was selling it to me. He keeps playing games with me and has awful business tactics. As a result it looks like I might wind up just getting a griots kit from autogeek with a few pads. I think they have a kit for $200 with 5 or 6 pads which I might be getting
I can tell you what to get if we meet up at Detailers Domain pad wise and stuff.
__________________
2009 E90 328i Monaco Blue
premium/idrive/convience/logic-7/cold weather/ xenons/ saddle brown interior
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 09:49 PM   #34
psmitty95
Brigadier General
psmitty95's Avatar
United_States
101
Rep
3,738
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E90 335i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greenwich, CT/ Dallas, TX

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_09 View Post
I've personally used Collinite 845 and I didn't find it hard to use at all. I did follow this guide though

Collinite #845: The Definitive How-To Guide For This Legendary Wax

I didn't get a chance to use Collinite 915 yet but I think I'll pick it up in the future. I found that the Bouncer's Vanilla Ice paste wax a lot harder to use. I put that on too thick and did the whole car before removing it off and it was bitch to get off. Collinite 845 is a liquid wax so it was easier for me. You just have to be careful with Collinite 915. It's a hard paste wax so take your time and do one panel at a time. Get some foam applicators too. They are what most detailers use for applying a paste wax.

The GG polisher with 6 pads don't seem like a good deal to me.

You can get six 5.5inc B&S pads for $30 with the 15% "PADS15" coupon at ADS

You can the GG polisher with 10 pads here

Look around elsewhere to get more value for your money. Autogeek often have sales but usually polishers are excluded. I actually got my GG polisher at Autopia when they had a 10% coupon with no exclusions and got my pads and other detailing stuff from elsewhere.
Wow read that link and now i'm thinking of maybe just doing the 845 instead... God so many decisions when it comes to detailing products. Thanks for the link to the GG with 10 pads also. So those uber pads are good pads? I don't want to get a kit with pads and then have the pads be one of the cheaper and more poor quality types
__________________
< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: Cobb V3 w/ Motiv Tune, VRSF DP/FMIC, ER CP, Roc-Euro DCI, SteveAZ LPFP & more
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Shop I use: Aci Dynamix 408AWHP/ 483AWTQ Uncorrected Mustang Dyno
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #35
psmitty95
Brigadier General
psmitty95's Avatar
United_States
101
Rep
3,738
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E90 335i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greenwich, CT/ Dallas, TX

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otruba_843 View Post
I can tell you what to get if we meet up at Detailers Domain pad wise and stuff.
Ok maybe i'll wait until then although I really wanted to get it all ordered asap. Would probably be better to just go to them and pick up directly there though
__________________
< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: Cobb V3 w/ Motiv Tune, VRSF DP/FMIC, ER CP, Roc-Euro DCI, SteveAZ LPFP & more
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Shop I use: Aci Dynamix 408AWHP/ 483AWTQ Uncorrected Mustang Dyno
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 07:41 AM   #36
Zero_09
Lieutenant
Canada
8
Rep
506
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95 View Post
Wow read that link and now i'm thinking of maybe just doing the 845 instead... God so many decisions when it comes to detailing products. Thanks for the link to the GG with 10 pads also. So those uber pads are good pads? I don't want to get a kit with pads and then have the pads be one of the cheaper and more poor quality types
Uber is the name Phil at DD calls them. They are from Buff and Shine with his special printing on the backing. Buff and Shine pads are quality so don't worry about them. I would also suggest getting a 3.5" backing plate and some 4inch pads with them for smaller areas.

Last edited by Zero_09; 07-20-2013 at 10:37 PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #37
Zero_09
Lieutenant
Canada
8
Rep
506
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton

iTrader: (1)

Autogeek has sale on the Detailier's Pro Series brand up to 35%

http://www.autogeek.net/detailers-pride.html

Detailer's Max Wax Carnauba Wax
is on sale for $29.99 if you're looking for a cheap wax. Also comes with a free White Edgeless Microfiber Towel.

Here's a review for the new DP Max Wax

Use code "freeship" for free shipping.

Just thought I'd share even though I don't really shop there anymore. I actually have more products than I need. I gotta stop checking detailing websites lol.

Last edited by Zero_09; 07-20-2013 at 10:43 PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 10:41 PM   #38
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
psnt1ol's Avatar
7
Rep
474
Posts

 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: san francisco

iTrader: (0)

To OP:

Just to give you an idea of what SI 1500 and Sonax PF can do....here is what I've been working on.

Before (Hood)



50/50 with only Sonax PF (Test Spot)



There were some defects ( the camera had a hard time picking it up) that PF couldn't take out so I did the hood using SI 1500 followed by Sonax PF. This is the result. The surface is bare (no wax or sealant).



__________________


What is absolute control???? Having the means and the abilities to exercise it at will but....chooses not to.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #39
Zero_09
Lieutenant
Canada
8
Rep
506
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
To OP:

Just to give you an idea of what SI 1500 and Sonax PF can do....here is what I've been working on.
Great job and nice pictures.

I just gave my car an ONR wash and clay today. I went over the small areas with the 4inch pads today only since it was getting dark outside. Should have got some pictures. Btw psnt1ol what camera are you using if you don't mind me asking?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 10:52 PM   #40
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
psnt1ol's Avatar
7
Rep
474
Posts

 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: san francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_09 View Post
Great job and nice pictures.

I just gave my car an ONR wash and clay today. I went over the small areas with the 4inch pads today only since it was getting dark outside. Should have got some pictures. Btw psnt1ol what camera are you using if you don't mind me asking?
It is an old Nikon (CoolPix P1500).
__________________


What is absolute control???? Having the means and the abilities to exercise it at will but....chooses not to.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 10:54 PM   #41
psmitty95
Brigadier General
psmitty95's Avatar
United_States
101
Rep
3,738
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E90 335i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greenwich, CT/ Dallas, TX

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
To OP:

Just to give you an idea of what SI 1500 and Sonax PF can do....here is what I've been working on.

Before (Hood)



50/50 with only Sonax PF (Test Spot)



There were some defects ( the camera had a hard time picking it up) that PF couldn't take out so I did the hood using SI 1500 followed by Sonax PF. This is the result. The surface is bare (no wax or sealant).



Wow that looks amazing. So you definitely prefer the power finish to the SF4000? With the 30% off code the SF4000 is about $21 on autogeek so is the perfect finish worth the extra money? If you think it's worth it i'll definitely grab it and it also comes with a free Lake Country flat pad that I can choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_09 View Post
Uber is the name Phil at DD calls them. They are from Buff and Shine with his special printing on the backing. Buff and Shine pads are quality so don't worry about them. I would also suggest getting a 3.5" backing plate and some 4inch pads with them for smaller areas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_09 View Post
Autogeek has sale on the Detailier's Pro Series brand up to 35%

http://www.autogeek.net/detailers-pride.html

Detailer's Max Wax Carnauba Wax
is on sale for $29.99 if you're looking for a cheap wax. Also comes with a free White Edgeless Microfiber Towel.

Here's a review for the new DP Max Wax

Use code "freeship" for free shipping.

Just thought I'd share even though I don't really shop there anymore. I actually have more products than I need. I gotta stop checking detailing websites lol.
Ok thanks for all the info! Going to read that review on the wax now. I definitely want a good but inexpensive wax to start with. Down the road I will definitely do a legit expensive wax but for now i'm spending enough as is that I just want something good but relatively cheap. Oddly enough I added all the menzerna stuff on autogeek and then also ADS and used the 15% and 30% off codes respectively and autogeek was cheaper which surprised me.
__________________
< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: Cobb V3 w/ Motiv Tune, VRSF DP/FMIC, ER CP, Roc-Euro DCI, SteveAZ LPFP & more
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Shop I use: Aci Dynamix 408AWHP/ 483AWTQ Uncorrected Mustang Dyno
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 11:03 PM   #42
psmitty95
Brigadier General
psmitty95's Avatar
United_States
101
Rep
3,738
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E90 335i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greenwich, CT/ Dallas, TX

iTrader: (8)

Ok so did a little reading on the DP max wax and it seems like its great for the price. From what I read I think it makes the paint look amazing but the thing i'm worried about is beading... I was reading it doesn't bead very well at all which is one of the things I love about having wax on the car
__________________
< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: Cobb V3 w/ Motiv Tune, VRSF DP/FMIC, ER CP, Roc-Euro DCI, SteveAZ LPFP & more
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Shop I use: Aci Dynamix 408AWHP/ 483AWTQ Uncorrected Mustang Dyno
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2013, 01:48 AM   #43
Zero_09
Lieutenant
Canada
8
Rep
506
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton

iTrader: (1)

I'm not sure if I can help you there. I haven't use a lot of paste wax so I'm inexperience with that. The best you can do is do some research and find what's best for you in your price range then decide on there.

Also found a 20% code for Autogeek orders "forumjuly". Can't combine it though but if you're looking to place a big order from Autogeek the 20% might be better than the free shipping.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2013, 07:18 AM   #44
Otruba_843
Major
Otruba_843's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
1,458
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95 View Post
Ok so did a little reading on the DP max wax and it seems like its great for the price. From what I read I think it makes the paint look amazing but the thing i'm worried about is beading... I was reading it doesn't bead very well at all which is one of the things I love about having wax on the car
Stay away from PBMG waxes or any products they make (Wolfgang, Pinnacle, DP, Blackfire) with the exception of the sealants and tire shines.
__________________
2009 E90 328i Monaco Blue
premium/idrive/convience/logic-7/cold weather/ xenons/ saddle brown interior
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST