E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Anyone had to give up a BMW for a lesser car because of budget issues?



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #89
Grendeltouring
Private
 
Drives: '11 E91 M-sport/manual
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Seattle

Posts: 63
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianras876_bimmer_livin View Post
for your information they gave me that car before i went off the wall so the point u made is irrelevant
Your state of mind however, is completely evident...
Grendeltouring is offline  
0
      07-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #90
supLOL
Banned
 
supLOL's Avatar
 
Drives: "Daddy-bought" E89 Z4
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona

Posts: 96
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSprm69
just had to let go of my car to down grade to my dd 06 honda accord and 02 chevy tahoe for a while till i can upgrade and get another car. most likely wont be another BMW. i got my eye on some american muscle :cough:new GT500:cough:new C7:cough:cough:
C7 please <3
supLOL is offline  
0
      07-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #91
fazman
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 335 e90
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edison, NJ

Posts: 1,678
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSprm69 View Post
just had to let go of my car to down grade to my dd 06 honda accord and 02 chevy tahoe for a while till i can upgrade and get another car. most likely wont be another BMW. i got my eye on some american muscle :cough:new GT500:cough:new C7:cough:cough:
You should go see an indy doc about that cough, it sounds bad and may get u killed at least with the german ride u would feel safe knowing the cars are built like a tank
fazman is offline   United_States
0
      07-19-2013, 09:35 PM   #92
Grendeltouring
Private
 
Drives: '11 E91 M-sport/manual
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Seattle

Posts: 63
iTrader: (0)

I feel pretty sorry for the OP, as this thread now has absolutely nothing to do with his original intent. Maybe time to start a new one.
Grendeltouring is offline  
0
      07-19-2013, 09:37 PM   #93
indianras876_bimmer_livin
Don Dadda
 
Drives: 2009 335i coupe
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Miami, fl

Posts: 292
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by supLOL View Post
C7 please <3
but u know what thow i dnt mind that it is a "downgrade" with a purpose.
indianras876_bimmer_livin is offline   United_States
0
      07-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #94
indianras876_bimmer_livin
Don Dadda
 
Drives: 2009 335i coupe
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Miami, fl

Posts: 292
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendeltouring View Post
Your state of mind however, is completely evident...
call it what you want but u are obviously judgemental its about service if they bave my car sitting there until tuesday and it wont even be worked on until then thats unaccceptable i would understand if they were working on it i wouldnt care what car they gave me but its not the case. when i had a loaner from infini it was an actual infiniti not a camary
indianras876_bimmer_livin is offline   United_States
0
      07-19-2013, 09:41 PM   #95
Efthreeoh
Colonel
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MARLAND

Posts: 2,879
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianras876_bimmer_livin View Post
well i live in miami not germany. get over urself. tf this is a free forum not a moral exercise. im not here to please u. just say howimfeel and keep it moving. u should do the same gtfoh
A bit tense aren't we?
Efthreeoh is offline   United_States
0
      07-19-2013, 09:44 PM   #96
Grendeltouring
Private
 
Drives: '11 E91 M-sport/manual
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Seattle

Posts: 63
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianras876_bimmer_livin View Post
call it what you want but u are obviously judgemental its about service if they bave my car sitting there until tuesday and it wont even be worked on until then thats unaccceptable i would understand if they were working on it i wouldnt care what car they gave me but its not the case. when i had a loaner from infini it was an actual infiniti not a camary
You're engaging in more than a fair bit of interpolation. It's also evident that you feel entitled to a new BMW as a "loner" (it's "loaner" by the way) having brought in a nearly 5-year-old 3 series, not even sure if this is where you bought the car. In just about every post which have been absolutely riddled with spelling errors, you attempt to make your case, though only succeeding in revealing your default and rather angry state of mind.

I think people should be grateful for any service loaner as dealers aren't obligated to give you one, even less so if you didn't purchase that car there.
Grendeltouring is offline  
0
      07-19-2013, 09:45 PM   #97
indianras876_bimmer_livin
Don Dadda
 
Drives: 2009 335i coupe
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Miami, fl

Posts: 292
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
A bit tense aren't we?
a little
indianras876_bimmer_livin is offline   United_States
0
      07-19-2013, 09:51 PM   #98
indianras876_bimmer_livin
Don Dadda
 
Drives: 2009 335i coupe
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Miami, fl

Posts: 292
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendeltouring View Post
You're engaging in more than a fair bit of interpolation. It's also evident that you feel entitled to a new BMW as a "loner" (it's "loaner" by the way) having brought in a nearly 5-year-old 3 series, not even sure if this is where you bought the car. In just about every post which have been absolutely riddled with spelling errors, you attempt to make your case, though only succeeding in revealing your default and rather angry state of mind.

I think people should be grateful for any service loaner as dealers aren't obligated to give you one, even less so if you didn't purchase that car there.
common debating tactic. you attack the person and not the argument. if u want to b picky the look back in my previous posts i have spelled "loaner" both way. its a typo. that neither here nor there. even if i was illiterate that is not what is being discussed here. and no matter what year i buy i do feel entitled to a certain standard of service. i am 22 i cannont afford a brand new bimmer nor a more expensive model. the same reason someone would purchase a 328 and not a 335. and i did purchase the car from the dealer.
indianras876_bimmer_livin is offline   United_States
0
      07-19-2013, 09:54 PM   #99
JohnSprm69
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: AW e92
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 1,964
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazman View Post
You should go see an indy doc about that cough, it sounds bad and may get u killed
i might kill me cause that doc i was recommended to practices out of a ford and chevy dealer and i cant make it to either for a few months ::::cough:::::

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianras876_bimmer_livin View Post
but u know what thow i dnt mind that it is a "downgrade" with a purpose.
not really, i downgraded because like the op asked i have some budget issues right now which didn't allow me to keep the BMW for the time being therefore it had to go. its just a car to me.
JohnSprm69 is offline  
0
      07-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #100
Grendeltouring
Private
 
Drives: '11 E91 M-sport/manual
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Seattle

Posts: 63
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianras876_bimmer_livin View Post
common debating tactic. you attack the person and not the argument. if u want to b picky the look back in my previous posts i have spelled "loaner" both way. its a typo. that neither here nor there. even if i was illiterate that is not what is being discussed here. and no matter what year i buy i do feel entitled to a certain standard of service. i am 22 i cannont afford a brand new bimmer nor a more expensive model. the same reason someone would purchase a 328 and not a 335. and i did purchase the car from the dealer.
I actually purchased a 328 because I prefer it to a 335, money wasn't a factor.

It seems more than a bit of a first-world problem to complain about being given a car to use, that if new was probably worth more than your 335.
Grendeltouring is offline  
0
      07-19-2013, 09:59 PM   #101
indianras876_bimmer_livin
Don Dadda
 
Drives: 2009 335i coupe
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Miami, fl

Posts: 292
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSprm69 View Post
i might kill me cause that doc i was recommended to practices out of a ford and chevy dealer and i cant make it to either for a few months ::::cough:::::



not really, i downgraded because like the op asked i have some budget issues right now which didn't allow me to keep the BMW for the time being therefore it had to go. its just a car to me.
and u know what thats ok because its not all the time that u would b able to after something and thats fine. ive been in that situation after totaling a car and it bothered me but i was ok with it in the long run.
indianras876_bimmer_livin is offline   United_States
0
      07-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #102
indianras876_bimmer_livin
Don Dadda
 
Drives: 2009 335i coupe
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Miami, fl

Posts: 292
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendeltouring View Post
I actually purchased a 328 because I prefer it to a 335, money wasn't a factor.

It seems more than a bit of a first-world problem to complain about being given a car to use, that if new was probably worth more than your 335.
thats preferance. i personally dnt like them. but yeh i agree with u it is a first eorld problem. especially coming from a third world country like jamaica i know but like someone has told me "if a car is your only problem the u dnt have any problems at all."
indianras876_bimmer_livin is offline   United_States
0
      07-19-2013, 10:03 PM   #103
E902009
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2009 328i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: CA

Posts: 294
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianras876_bimmer_livin View Post
i pray to to god that i never fall on hard times either. i have always upgraded in cars as well. from 2 hondas to an infiniti now to my bimmer and this is bull shit that they would give me that shit as a loaner i am disgusted with that dealership just called bmw america and filed a complaint.
Dude, has anyone ever taught you to be humble and count your blessings? Or is your head so big that you can't smell your own shit, so you assume that it doesn't stink? Remember, the higher you are, the harder you can potentially fall.

Chevy Malibu is a fine car, and most people drive that because it's what they can afford. I'm not a fan of American cars, but I'm not going to knock it. Have you ever driven a Lada, Ssanyang, or a 1990 Fiat Panda? I have. Trust me, the Malibu is far from being a piece of shit.
E902009 is offline   United_States
0
      07-19-2013, 10:05 PM   #104
Titanium3er
First Lieutenant
 
Titanium3er's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 335i, '03 Kawa Z1000
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: SW FL

Posts: 342
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by indianras876_bimmer_livin
common debating tactic. you attack the person and not the argument. if u want to b picky the look back in my previous posts i have spelled "loaner" both way. its a typo. that neither here nor there. even if i was illiterate that is not what is being discussed here. and no matter what year i buy i do feel entitled to a certain standard of service. i am 22 i cannont afford a brand new bimmer nor a more expensive model. the same reason someone would purchase a 328 and not a 335. and i did purchase the car from the dealer.
Not to gang up here, but I do want to make a few points.

First, while you may not consider your grammar and spelling important, people on this forum have to read what you're writing to understand what you're saying. Even if you didn't major in English, have some common courtesy and capitalize the first word of a sentence. Perhaps spell out the word instead of using the same abbreviations you would use in a text message.

Second, I think that you've made many assumptions in your numerous posts. You aren't "entitled" to anything because you bought a BMW. If you don't like the service you're getting, try working through it like a rational adult. Were you promised a BMW by the dealer when you bought the car? Have you tried other dealerships?

Third, people who buy 328's vs 335's (or any base engine vs upgrade) are not necessarily doing so for economic or budgetary reasons. Not everywhere is like Miami where you try to obtain status symbols while living paycheck to paycheck. I'm not saying you do this, but from what you're writing it seems like this could be your mentality.

My suggestion would be to take a step back and think about how you are coming off before you say something stupid.
Titanium3er is offline   United_States
0
      07-19-2013, 10:06 PM   #105
E902009
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2009 328i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: CA

Posts: 294
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingxshot View Post
How did you handle that? Was it difficult?
I'm not gonna lie. It would suck, but depending on for what reason. If I lost my job and I can't afford to make the payments, it would suck badly, and it would crush my ego. Just being honest.

On the other hand, if my family or close friends need urgent help, and I can sell the car, pay off the loan, and take the difference to help them out (and I can, currently I owe half of what the car is worth), I would, without even thinking about it. It's a car, it doesn't define who I am or how much I'm worth. I can always save up and get another one. May family and friends are irreplaceable.
E902009 is offline   United_States
0
      07-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #106
indianras876_bimmer_livin
Don Dadda
 
Drives: 2009 335i coupe
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Miami, fl

Posts: 292
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E902009 View Post
I'm not gonna lie. It would suck, but depending on for what reason. If I lost my job and I can't afford to make the payments, it would suck badly, and it would crush my ego. Just being honest.

On the other hand, if my family or close friends need urgent help, and I can sell the car, pay off the loan, and take the difference to help them out (and I can, currently I owe half of what the car is worth), I would, without even thinking about it. It's a car, it doesn't define who I am or how much I'm worth. I can always save up and get another one. May family and friends are irreplaceable.
totally agree
indianras876_bimmer_livin is offline   United_States
0
      07-19-2013, 10:16 PM   #107
indianras876_bimmer_livin
Don Dadda
 
Drives: 2009 335i coupe
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Miami, fl

Posts: 292
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickvacc View Post
Not to gang up here, but I do want to make a few points.

First, while you may not consider your grammar and spelling important, people on this forum have to read what you're writing to understand what you're saying. Even if you didn't major in English, have some common courtesy and capitalize the first word of a sentence. Perhaps spell out the word instead of using the same abbreviations you would use in a text message.

Second, I think that you've made many assumptions in your numerous posts. You aren't "entitled" to anything because you bought a BMW. If you don't like the service you're getting, try working through it like a rationale adult. Were you promised a BMW by the dealer when you bought the car? Have you tried other dealerships?

Third, people who buy 328's vs 335's (or any base engine vs upgrade) are not necessarily doing so for economic or budgetary reasons. Not everywhere is like Miami where you try to obtain status symbols while living paycheck to paycheck. I'm not saying you do this, but from what you're writing it seems like this could be your mentality.

My suggestion would be to take a step back and think about how you are coming off before you say something stupid.
because i choose abbreviate shouldnt be an issue and point out the fact that i did not capitalize the first letter of the first word of a sentence is nit pickicking. even "rational adults" express their displeaure with a situation. this is the last time i deal with ft lauderdale bmw. and not that i need to tell u how my life is set up but i do not live pay check to pay check.
indianras876_bimmer_livin is offline   United_States
0
      07-19-2013, 10:19 PM   #108
indianras876_bimmer_livin
Don Dadda
 
Drives: 2009 335i coupe
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Miami, fl

Posts: 292
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E902009 View Post
Dude, has anyone ever taught you to be humble and count your blessings? Or is your head so big that you can't smell your own shit, so you assume that it doesn't stink? Remember, the higher you are, the harder you can potentially fall.

Chevy Malibu is a fine car, and most people drive that because it's what they can afford. I'm not a fan of American cars, but I'm not going to knock it. Have you ever driven a Lada, Ssanyang, or a 1990 Fiat Panda? I have. Trust me, the Malibu is far from being a piece of shit.
yes i have driven lower end cars namely a 96 kia sophia. so if i choose to call a malibu a piece of shit then thats what i CHOOSE to do.
indianras876_bimmer_livin is offline   United_States
0
      07-19-2013, 10:24 PM   #109
i dunno
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: a pair of legs
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 365
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by indianras876_bimmer_livin View Post
yes i have driven lower end cars namely a 96 kia sophia. so if i choose to call a malibu a piece of shit then thats what i CHOOSE to do.
dude calm your tits
i dunno is offline  
0
      07-19-2013, 10:25 PM   #110
Titanium3er
First Lieutenant
 
Titanium3er's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 335i, '03 Kawa Z1000
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: SW FL

Posts: 342
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by indianras876_bimmer_livin
because i choose abbreviate shouldnt be an issue and point out the fact that i did not capitalize the first letter of the first word of a sentence is nit pickicking. even "rational adults" express their displeaure with a situation. this is the last time i deal with ft lauderdale bmw. and not that i need to tell u how my life is set up but i do not live pay check to pay check.
As I said, I didn't assume you are doing so, I was merely illustrating a point based on the way you are writing. Your financial situation is none of my business. The blanket assumptions you make about 328 owners are my business.
Titanium3er is offline   United_States
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST