E90Post
 


Horizon LED
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > WDS - Wiring Diagram System v13?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-21-2013, 08:23 AM   #1
djerik
New Member
Denmark
1
Rep
12
Posts

 
Drives: E91 LCI 320D 2009
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denmark - Ikast

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
WDS - Wiring Diagram System v13?

I am looking for wiring diagram documentation for a E91 LCI 2009. As far as I understand, the common available WDS v12 does not cover models after 2008. What are my options? Is there a v13?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 04:23 AM   #2
voucher76
Enlisted Member
3
Rep
47
Posts

 
Drives: e91
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: copenhagen

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djerik View Post
I am looking for wiring diagram documentation for a E91 LCI 2009. As far as I understand, the common available WDS v12 does not cover models after 2008. What are my options? Is there a v13?
I think your best chance is to buy access to Web ISTA, it's 30$ for 24 hours.
The WDS for LCI models are all webbased, so no chance of finding it on a CD.

http://www.bmwtechinfo.com/

You can even pay via PAYPAL.

As an alternative, the Bentley Manual covers up to MY2010.

Best regards
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #3
Learning Man
Private
Learning Man's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
74
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 328i E92
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: AZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by voucher76 View Post
I think your best chance is to buy access to Web ISTA, it's 30$ for 24 hours.
The WDS for LCI models are all webbased, so no chance of finding it on a CD.

http://www.bmwtechinfo.com/

You can even pay via PAYPAL.

As an alternative, the Bentley Manual covers up to MY2010.

Best regards
Are all Navigation diagrams included
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #4
voucher76
Enlisted Member
3
Rep
47
Posts

 
Drives: e91
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: copenhagen

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learning Man View Post
Are all Navigation diagrams included

I can't say for sure, but I would assume they are.

I did a full Idrive retrofit on a 2010 LCI 3'series(from no idrive), and found all the relevant wiring diagrams.
There are a lot of info on the site, and sometimes it takes a little digging to find the correct diagram.



What diagrams for the Nav do you need? I might still have them.

Best regards
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #5
Learning Man
Private
Learning Man's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
74
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 328i E92
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: AZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by voucher76 View Post
I can't say for sure, but I would assume they are.

I did a full Idrive retrofit on a 2010 LCI 3'series(from no idrive), and found all the relevant wiring diagrams.
There are a lot of info on the site, and sometimes it takes a little digging to find the correct diagram.



What diagrams for the Nav do you need? I might still have them.

Best regards
I am retrofitting my2009 328i E92(non iDrive) with my2011 335i sedan. The CID connection is now an eight pin connector. If you have any diagrams for the complete system or any part of it. I would appreciate the help,

Last edited by Learning Man; 07-22-2013 at 03:41 PM. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 03:33 AM   #6
voucher76
Enlisted Member
3
Rep
47
Posts

 
Drives: e91
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: copenhagen

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learning Man View Post
I am retrofitting my2009 328i E92(non iDrive) with my2011 335i sedan. The CID connection is now an eight pin connector. If you have any diagrams for the complete system or any part of it. I would appreciate the help,
I'll see what I have when I get home from work!

I saw you posted a similar question in another thread and found Booster's excellent DIY pdf.
I made a smal DIY with updated pinouts for the LCI model, maybe that will answer some question you have.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=728890


I'll see if I can find the Wiring Diagrams later today.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #7
Learning Man
Private
Learning Man's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
74
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 328i E92
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: AZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by voucher76 View Post
I'll see what I have when I get home from work!

I saw you posted a similar question in another thread and found Booster's excellent DIY pdf.
I made a smal DIY with updated pinouts for the LCI model, maybe that will answer some question you have.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=728890


I'll see if I can find the Wiring Diagrams later today.
Thanks for the thread link it adds to helping me further understand the process. LCI (from what I have read refers to changes made during the model year): Taking a my 2011 335i and installing it in my2009 328i, what diagrams should I be referring too? I am beginning to wonder how successful the retrofit will be when I.E. installing a top Hifi CIC in a hifi environment???Also if you have sometime will you take a look at my last post in my thread "Wiring Diagram" it is in the "Connected iDrive Forum". Hopefully I will get answers to the questions that I have asked.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #8
Dracon
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
32
Rep
1,078
Posts


 
Drives: 2006 330i E90
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

iTrader: (21)

You can also use ISTA/D which has full wiring diagrams for all models.

Sensible posted a VMWare version of it here.

Go into ISTA/D, select a model (or enter your VIN) and do a document search for what you are looking for.

I'd recommend filtering your search for just SSP documents (which are the wiring diagrams).
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 11:18 PM   #9
Learning Man
Private
Learning Man's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
74
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 328i E92
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: AZ

iTrader: (0)

I also notice there is an abbreviation "PIB" pin assignments information. Would this also be useful, along with SSP?

Last edited by Learning Man; 07-23-2013 at 11:20 PM. Reason: addition
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 04:46 AM   #10
voucher76
Enlisted Member
3
Rep
47
Posts

 
Drives: e91
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: copenhagen

iTrader: (0)

Here are the wiring diagrams I found on WebIsta. For the CIC unit, the CID(screen) and controller.

They are screen shots so the resolution is quite poor, but it's readable.

I'll have a look at your questions in the other thread.

I have not looked at Dracon's link to the free alternative, so can't comment on that.

Best regards
Attached Images
   
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 07:44 AM   #11
Learning Man
Private
Learning Man's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
74
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 328i E92
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: AZ

iTrader: (0)

Voucher76: Thanks for taking the time to pull this information. I really appreciate your help. The questions that I posted in my other thread has to do with understanding what certain writing means on the WDS
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 10:57 PM   #12
Learning Man
Private
Learning Man's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
74
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 328i E92
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: AZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracon View Post
You can also use ISTA/D which has full wiring diagrams for all models.

Sensible posted a VMWare version of it here.

Go into ISTA/D, select a model (or enter your VIN) and do a document search for what you are looking for.

I'd recommend filtering your search for just SSP documents (which are the wiring diagrams).
Will all 25 files need to be extracted if you only want to use the SSP?
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST