E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Vishnu/FFTEC: 738WHP with 6466 Twin Scroll (New World Record)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-27-2013, 06:58 AM   #23
secretsquirrel
Colonel
secretsquirrel's Avatar
25
Rep
2,099
Posts

 
Drives: 335i nFifty4LiFe
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: land of the squirrel

iTrader: (2)

Dat HP slope.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 07:11 AM   #24
boost junkie
Private First Class
1
Rep
129
Posts

 
Drives: e93
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: texas

iTrader: (0)

Dat torque plateau! Definitely more in it looking at the graphs.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 07:41 AM   #25
AYF80
Captain
11
Rep
967
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 AY F80
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

iTrader: (0)

This is Very Cool.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 08:42 AM   #26
feedmyfast
Private First Class
2
Rep
177
Posts

 
Drives: E93 335
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pembroke Pines,FL

iTrader: (0)

It amazes me how our motors can make power like that without any internals. And being a track car it's even more impressive!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #27
HeavyMetalRocker
Lieutenant
HeavyMetalRocker's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
521
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i E90 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dallas, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Sexxxxxy power sirs!
__________________
2007 335i e90 6mt | RB Turbo Billet+ 11blade | RB PCV | JB4 G5 | BB e85 Flash | Walbro 255lph | DCI | VRSF CP & Tial BOV | NGK Plugs | HPF Exhaust | VRSF DP's | CxRacing FMIC | Spec 2+ & SSMFW | StopTech Drilled/Slotted Rotors | Hawk Performance Pads | DEFIV Lockdown kit | Mtec V3 angels | Apex PS7s | 35/15% Llumar ceramic
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #28
rdeterman
First Lieutenant
rdeterman's Avatar
7
Rep
381
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe 6mt
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Iowa

iTrader: (1)

665whp no meth. was this on pump gas??
__________________
JB4 G5 ISO W/BMS FLASH, FBO, Walbro LPFP, Spec S2+ SMFW
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 10:27 AM   #29
jbertino
Lieutenant
8
Rep
451
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 135i 6mt fbo protune e30
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: nj

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeterman
665whp no meth. was this on pump gas??
No race gas
__________________
full bolt on 6mt
cobb
e30 protune
fortune auto coilovers
12.08 119
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 10:28 AM   #30
Dmacc
Colonel
57
Rep
2,652
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nor Cal

iTrader: (1)

Sick number! In for results after new wastegate springs
__________________

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #31
rdeterman
First Lieutenant
rdeterman's Avatar
7
Rep
381
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe 6mt
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Iowa

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbertino View Post
No race gas
after this is tuned.. i would love to see a 91oct or 93oct pump gas tune. we need a 600whp+ pump gas turbo kit. The hybrid twins to me just dont put out enough yet.
__________________
JB4 G5 ISO W/BMS FLASH, FBO, Walbro LPFP, Spec S2+ SMFW
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 10:36 AM   #32
shiv@vishnu
Tuner
United_States
701
Rep
17,616
Posts

 
Drives: X1, 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SF Bay, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeterman View Post
after this is tuned.. i would love to see a 91oct or 93oct pump gas tune. we need a 600whp+ pump gas turbo kit. The hybrid twins to me just dont put out enough yet.
Making 600+whp on pump gas alone is not an issue for the 6466. We did it quite easily with a smaller A/R and single scroll. The real questions is if supporting that kind of power on crap gas is worth it in the long run. The safety margin is pretty tiny and that will likely bit you in the butt when conditions take a turn for the worse. It's great to say "My 3L engine makes 600whp on pump gas." But it's not so great to see just how risky that is on your own dime. That's were performance enhancers like methanol, E85 or racegas come into play. They not only allow you to make MORE power, they also allow you to make more power with a larger safety margin. Which to most people, is worth the extra cost and inconvenience.

Shiv
Attached Images
 

Last edited by shiv@vishnu; 07-27-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 10:40 AM   #33
rdeterman
First Lieutenant
rdeterman's Avatar
7
Rep
381
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe 6mt
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Iowa

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Making 600+whp on pump gas alone is not an issue for the 6466. We did it quite easily with a smaller AFR and single scroll. The real questions is if supporting that kind of power on crap gas is worth it in the long run. The safety margin is pretty tiny and that will likely bit you in the butt when conditions take a turn for the worse. It's great to say "My 3L engine makes 600whp on pump gas." But it's not so great to see just how risky that is on your own dime. That's were performance enhancers like methanol, E85 or racegas come into play. They not only allow you to make MORE power, they also allow you to make more power with a larger safety margin. Which to most people, is worth the extra cost and inconvenience.

Shiv
I agree 100% and am not against E85 i just really would like to not rely on meth. Nothing against it and i understand why its used, i just would rather not use it. I see all the Hybrid dynos and 520+ E85/race fuel "full kill mode" tunes scare me. I would love to have a SAFE ~600whp ish tune to daily drive.
__________________
JB4 G5 ISO W/BMS FLASH, FBO, Walbro LPFP, Spec S2+ SMFW
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #34
shiv@vishnu
Tuner
United_States
701
Rep
17,616
Posts

 
Drives: X1, 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SF Bay, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeterman View Post
I agree 100% and am not against E85 i just really would like to not rely on meth. Nothing against it and i understand why its used, i just would rather not use it. I see all the Hybrid dynos and 520+ E85/race fuel "full kill mode" tunes scare me. I would love to have a SAFE ~600whp ish tune to daily drive.
You can never make the following terms "safe" when used in the same sentence:
600whp
3.0 displacement
pump gas

When asking for 200whp/liter, you need some serious knock suppression at the pump. And I think those days are long gone.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 11:09 AM   #35
rdeterman
First Lieutenant
rdeterman's Avatar
7
Rep
381
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe 6mt
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Iowa

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
You can never make the following terms "safe" when used in the same sentence:
600whp
3.0 displacement
pump gas

When asking for 200whp/liter, you need some serious knock suppression at the pump. And I think those days are long gone.
Like i said before i would be ok with E85 100% or a blend. But either way.. Good work Shiv those are impressive numbers none the less Cant wait to see final numbers!
__________________
JB4 G5 ISO W/BMS FLASH, FBO, Walbro LPFP, Spec S2+ SMFW
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 11:28 AM   #36
iDriveSlo
Captain
iDriveSlo's Avatar
10
Rep
683
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Coupe M-Sport Lemans blue
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United States

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
I am very confused, last time you posted a world record dyno it was smoothing 0, and you went on a big rant about why smoothing 0 is what should be used and the community standards of 3 or 5 was silly and used to hide poor curves etc... then now all the sudden this is smoothing 5 again. So can we see the smoothing 0?
__________________
2009 E92 M-Sport 6AT PTF Pro Tune Vargas Stage 2
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 11:36 AM   #37
shiv@vishnu
Tuner
United_States
701
Rep
17,616
Posts

 
Drives: X1, 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SF Bay, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDriveSlo View Post
I am very confused, last time you posted a world record dyno it was smoothing 0, and you went on a big rant about why smoothing 0 is what should be used and the community standards of 3 or 5 was silly and used to hide poor curves etc... then now all the sudden this is smoothing 5 again. So can we see the smoothing 0?
I'm afraid I wasn't the one ranting in the thread you recall

Here are the runs with smoothing set to 0...
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #38
CaptainInsano
First Lieutenant
3
Rep
328
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Peninsula, SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Lol 2whp difference. Can we please not argue about smoothing
__________________
FFTEC 6466 6mt 335i | FFTEC GTX3076R Evo IX
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #39
iDriveSlo
Captain
iDriveSlo's Avatar
10
Rep
683
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Coupe M-Sport Lemans blue
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United States

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainInsano View Post
Lol 2whp difference. Can we please not argue about smoothing
Haha no I am an antagonist and got banned by the moderator idiots for questioning it last time, so naturally I had to ask why the change.

Nice numbers, and that manifold is one hell of a nice fab job!
__________________
2009 E92 M-Sport 6AT PTF Pro Tune Vargas Stage 2
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 11:54 AM   #40
Lunatic Fringe
Private First Class
1
Rep
132
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sideways

iTrader: (0)

So it appears that that that when comparing the Vishnu/FFTEC 6466 twin scroll to the Vargas Stage 3 twins, the 6466 offers more power down low and up top. Needless to say it spools much faster and is packaged better. Has Mr. Vargas been able to figure out the sock over rear intake issue yet?

It might be time to start feeling sorry for the numerous VVT Stage 3 customers who put down 50% deposits. Delivery is slated for November, correct? I really hope for their sakes that you're able to pull through.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #41
rdeterman
First Lieutenant
rdeterman's Avatar
7
Rep
381
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe 6mt
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Iowa

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatic Fringe View Post
So it appears that that that when comparing the Vishnu/FFTEC 6466 twin scroll to the Vargas Stage 3 twins, the 6466 offers more power down low and up top. Needless to say it spools much faster and is packaged better. Has Mr. Vargas been able to figure out the sock over rear intake issue yet?

It might be time to start feeling sorry for the numerous VVT Stage 3 customers who put down 50% deposits. Delivery is slated for November, correct? I really hope for their sakes that you're able to pull through.
I think its a bit early to judge the capabilities of either kit yet.
__________________
JB4 G5 ISO W/BMS FLASH, FBO, Walbro LPFP, Spec S2+ SMFW
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 12:00 PM   #42
shiv@vishnu
Tuner
United_States
701
Rep
17,616
Posts

 
Drives: X1, 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SF Bay, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeterman View Post
I think its a bit early to judge the capabilities of either kit yet.
Correct. It is hard to judge something with no quarter mile times, no 60-130 times, no final installation pics and no datalogs.

Shiv

Last edited by shiv@vishnu; 07-27-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #43
CaptainInsano
First Lieutenant
3
Rep
328
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Peninsula, SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeterman View Post
I think its a bit early to judge the capabilities of either kit yet.
Yes, lets not "feel sorry" for anyone buying a big hp kit for this motor. The more big hp kits we have running around not exploding the more I can sleep at night.
__________________
FFTEC 6466 6mt 335i | FFTEC GTX3076R Evo IX
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #44
Lunatic Fringe
Private First Class
1
Rep
132
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sideways

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Correct. It is hard to judge something with no quarter mile times, no 60-130 times, no final installation pics and no datalogs.

Shiv
Fixed that for you
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST