E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > Emergency!! Please Help!!! Fast Fast Fast!!!



Comment
 
Tutorial Tools Search this Tutorial
Emergency!! Please Help!!! Fast Fast Fast!!!
MirrowWire Radar Detector
Published by invisibleboy1588
07-23-2014
Emergency!! Please Help!!! Fast Fast Fast!!!



My car is 09 335xi coupe. After removed the overhead console, There is bunch of wires, I'm not sure which one is the 12v power cable for me to tap in.
This is what i have :


Please help guys!!!
Tutorial Tools
Attached Images
 
  #1  
By invisibleboy1588 on 07-23-2014, 02:21 AM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
20%20%20%
1
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
1
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
1
Average 20%
Oh I'm trying to hardwire my Escort PAssport 9500ix . So i bought the above DIRECT WIRE POWER CORD, I believe the black ends is ground cable, the red/black is my power. But I'm not sure where to connect it to.
Please help!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
By Jamesv on 07-23-2014, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by invisibleboy1588
Oh I'm trying to hardwire my Escort PAssport 9500ix . So i bought the above DIRECT WIRE POWER CORD, I believe the black ends is ground cable, the red/black is my power. But I'm not sure where to connect it to.
Please help!!
Search "direct wire". It's the first thing that pops up. That's what I used, but did a wire tap like u are doing. Red is switched power, black ground.

DIY - V1 Valentine One Hardwire http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97545
Reply With Quote
  #3  
By Eat.Sleep.Race on 07-23-2014, 07:56 AM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
20%20%20%
1
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
1
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
1
Average 20%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesv View Post
Search "direct wire". It's the first thing that pops up. That's what I used, but did a wire tap like u are doing. Red is switched power, black ground.

DIY - V1 Valentine One Hardwire http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97545
There it is!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
By invisibleboy1588 on 07-25-2014, 08:53 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
20%20%20%
1
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
1
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
1
Average 20%
thank you! now im facing another problem.

IT worked FINE! But...It auto on/off whenever the sunroof slide.
OMG what is the problem? I've tried everysingle possible 12v power wire, they all giving me the same issue.

PLEASE HELP GUYS!!!!
THANKS
Reply With Quote
  #5  
By blaster3500 on 07-26-2014, 04:47 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
20%20%20%
1
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
1
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
1
Average 20%
I would recommend using a fuse tap and tapping into the fuse box.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
By Jamesv on 08-30-2014, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by invisibleboy1588
thank you! now im facing another problem.

IT worked FINE! But...It auto on/off whenever the sunroof slide.
OMG what is the problem? I've tried everysingle possible 12v power wire, they all giving me the same issue.

PLEASE HELP GUYS!!!!
THANKS
Wrong wire? I've seen that happen on here before.
Reply With Quote
Comment

Bookmarks

Tutorial Tools Search this Tutorial
Search this Tutorial:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST