E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > possible to stack jb4 on dinan stage 2 flash



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #1
uberbeast21
Captain
uberbeast21's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
730
Posts

Drives: 2009 e92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Santa Barbara CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to uberbeast21
possible to stack jb4 on dinan stage 2 flash

So when I bought the car it already had the dinan stage 2 flash on it and its great but I want to get a little more power along with the other things that a jb4 can do such as clear codes etc. im just wondering if this would even work or if it would be bad for my car. tried searching but couldnt find anyone who has done this yet.
__________________
e92 335i l Cobb l VMR V710 l BMW PE l KW V1 l Cusco strut brace l M3 Control Arms l BMS DP's l

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #2
emackin
First Lieutenant
4
Rep
355
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i e90
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Va beach Va

iTrader: (5)

i believe the jb4 will just ignore the dinan and run as usual but im not 100%
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #3
uberbeast21
Captain
uberbeast21's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
730
Posts

Drives: 2009 e92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Santa Barbara CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to uberbeast21
Quote:
Originally Posted by emackin View Post
i believe the jb4 will just ignore the dinan and run as usual but im not 100%
doesnt the jb4 have to run off of the stock software though and then modify that or does it run its own software through the dme
__________________
e92 335i l Cobb l VMR V710 l BMW PE l KW V1 l Cusco strut brace l M3 Control Arms l BMS DP's l

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #4
Johnny Boost
Lieutenant Colonel
80
Rep
1,595
Posts

Drives: '11 335i M-Sport
Join Date: May 2013
Location: TBD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberbeast21 View Post
doesnt the jb4 have to run off of the stock software though and then modify that or does it run its own software through the dme
I believe Map 6 is for those with the 335IS, 1M, or Dinan tunes but I may be wrong
__________________
JB4 Stage 2 w/ FF | Performance Exhaust Mod | BMS DP | Vibrant 1790 | BMS Intake | VRSF CP | Alpina B3 TCU
Michelin PSS | M3 Control Arms
LUX v4 LEDs | Shadowline Grills | Lip Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #5
uberbeast21
Captain
uberbeast21's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
730
Posts

Drives: 2009 e92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Santa Barbara CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to uberbeast21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Boost View Post
I believe Map 6 is for those with the 335IS, 1M, or Dinan tunes but I may be wrong
i thought map 6 was the user created map but i also may be wrong haha
__________________
e92 335i l Cobb l VMR V710 l BMW PE l KW V1 l Cusco strut brace l M3 Control Arms l BMS DP's l

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #6
shortseller
Lieutenant Colonel
shortseller's Avatar
United_States
156
Rep
1,897
Posts

Drives: 2015 SOM3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NOVA

iTrader: (0)

I have read others have stacked a JB+ over a Dinan flash but if you are still under the warranty and it becomes detected they will void you. If no warranty concerns then go for it. No idea if the JB4 works but a call and you will be enlightened.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=399720
__________________

2015 F80 M3, SO, Exec pkg/blk, 19"/slv, ZMT - current
2010 335I N54, E92/6MT/ZSP/BLK DinanS3 - sold
1999 328I 6MT/BLK - sold
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 05:24 PM   #7
marv85
Colonel
marv85's Avatar
United_States
29
Rep
2,567
Posts

Drives: '07 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland

iTrader: (5)

once you put it in the JB4, connect it to a laptop and in the JB4 software choose from the drop down menu the flash settings
__________________
SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #8
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
847
Rep
17,575
Posts


Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: N54tuning.com

iTrader: (88)

With the JB5 G5 ISO you just run the same settings as a 335is along with map 2 on top of Dinan. Use map 0 for your Dinan tuning and then map 2 for the JB4 performance tuning.

Mike
__________________
ALL ER PRODUCTS ON SALE @ 10% OFF - www.n54tuning.com - Email; Mike@n54tuning.com
NEW PERFORMANCE LINE N54 DOWNPIPES & M3/M4 & F30 ER DOWNPIPES NOW IN STOCK - ER N54 CHARPE PIPE SPECIALS - NEW JB4 G5 ISO for N54 and F30 N55 ON SALE - NEW S55 M3/M4 JB4 NOW SHIPPING
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 06:59 PM   #9
imageautodetail
Captain
imageautodetail's Avatar
11
Rep
800
Posts

Drives: 08 335 silverback
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: lou EVIL kentucky

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2008 335 e90  [0.00]
2007 e90 335  [2.50]
my car had a dinan stg 2 flash when I bought it and I had jb4 g4 at the time and for some reason it didnt work well together i had target boost issues and inconsisitant to say the least, as soon as I flashed back to stock car ran fine, plus it is great to see the service writers face when you tell them to get the dinan shit off your car
__________________
FBO...METH...BIG TWINS
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #10
uberbeast21
Captain
uberbeast21's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
730
Posts

Drives: 2009 e92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Santa Barbara CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to uberbeast21
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageautodetail View Post
my car had a dinan stg 2 flash when I bought it and I had jb4 g4 at the time and for some reason it didnt work well together i had target boost issues and inconsisitant to say the least, as soon as I flashed back to stock car ran fine, plus it is great to see the service writers face when you tell them to get the dinan shit off your car
hahahahaha would love to see their face
__________________
e92 335i l Cobb l VMR V710 l BMW PE l KW V1 l Cusco strut brace l M3 Control Arms l BMS DP's l

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 07:04 PM   #11
uberbeast21
Captain
uberbeast21's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
730
Posts

Drives: 2009 e92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Santa Barbara CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to uberbeast21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
With the JB5 G5 ISO you just run the same settings as a 335is along with map 2 on top of Dinan. Use map 0 for your Dinan tuning and then map 2 for the JB4 performance tuning.

Mike
did you mean jb4 or is there a jb5 coming out? I guess i could always just try it and take some logs and if there are any problems flash the car back to stock, also wouldnt running the same settings as a 335is be for an n55 only? my car is an n54
__________________
e92 335i l Cobb l VMR V710 l BMW PE l KW V1 l Cusco strut brace l M3 Control Arms l BMS DP's l

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #12
uberbeast21
Captain
uberbeast21's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
730
Posts

Drives: 2009 e92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Santa Barbara CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to uberbeast21
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortseller View Post
I have read others have stacked a JB+ over a Dinan flash but if you are still under the warranty and it becomes detected they will void you. If no warranty concerns then go for it. No idea if the JB4 works but a call and you will be enlightened.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=399720
i am still under warranty because the previous owner bought the 100,000 mile warranty but I could just take it out when I go to the dealer because I dont go often at all, would that be a problem or can the dme register that there was a piggy back tune on the car if the dealer were to look at it
__________________
e92 335i l Cobb l VMR V710 l BMW PE l KW V1 l Cusco strut brace l M3 Control Arms l BMS DP's l

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 11:02 PM   #13
shortseller
Lieutenant Colonel
shortseller's Avatar
United_States
156
Rep
1,897
Posts

Drives: 2015 SOM3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NOVA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberbeast21 View Post
i am still under warranty because the previous owner bought the 100,000 mile warranty but I could just take it out when I go to the dealer because I dont go often at all, would that be a problem or can the dme register that there was a piggy back tune on the car if the dealer were to look at it
100k warranty(wow I'm envious - as in months to come I will have to make a decision to buy one or not, $$$, myself), is something I would never fk with but with that being said, I have never read that BMW has the ability to read the DME for piggy back shadows so you are most likely fine if you remove the unit and clear codes. The only problem is if you get hauled in on the back of some roadside toe and didn't have the time to play Houdini and make it disappear.
__________________

2015 F80 M3, SO, Exec pkg/blk, 19"/slv, ZMT - current
2010 335I N54, E92/6MT/ZSP/BLK DinanS3 - sold
1999 328I 6MT/BLK - sold
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 11:14 PM   #14
uberbeast21
Captain
uberbeast21's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
730
Posts

Drives: 2009 e92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Santa Barbara CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to uberbeast21
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortseller View Post
100k warranty(wow I'm envious - as in months to come I will have to make a decision to buy one or not, $$$, myself), is something I would never fk with but with that being said, I have never read that BMW has the ability to read the DME for piggy back shadows so you are most likely fine if you remove the unit and clear codes. The only problem is if you get hauled in on the back of some roadside toe and didn't have the time to play Houdini and make it disappear.
haha ya my warranty expires in 2 years anyways so I might wait till then but if i were to get hauled in it wouldnt be to the bmw dealer there is a collision repair center in town that handles almost every higher end car and I know the owners well so I could slip right in and slip out undetected lol for now ill probably stick with a dinan fmic and bmw PE to keep warranty though
__________________
e92 335i l Cobb l VMR V710 l BMW PE l KW V1 l Cusco strut brace l M3 Control Arms l BMS DP's l

Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 09:13 AM   #15
ashmostro
Colonel
ashmostro's Avatar
United_States
45
Rep
2,084
Posts

Drives: '13 335is DCT
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vienna, VA

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberbeast21 View Post
did you mean jb4 or is there a jb5 coming out? I guess i could always just try it and take some logs and if there are any problems flash the car back to stock, also wouldnt running the same settings as a 335is be for an n55 only? my car is an n54
JB5 was a typo...

335is is an N54. Since it has its own more sophisticated programming, using the 335is setting in the JB4 software allows the 'is software to do its special stuff, only max boost is taken over by the JB4 when it's targeting higher than DME levels. When the DME is targeting more boost (i.e. overboost and a low-boost JB4 map), the DME wins. Same story with a stacked flash situation (essentially, a flash is just DME programming - the JB doesn't know it's a tune).
__________________
2013 335is DCT -- Quaife | JRZ RS1 - 450/800# | M3 + Hardrace arms | e93 M3 F + Hotchkis R sways | BMS CP + OCC | ETS 5" IC | AFE DP's + DCI | RB PCV + Thermo Delete | Setrab + Improved Racing oil cooling | Stoptech f+r BBK | Cobb BQ Tune

Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:47 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST