E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > suggestion for car audio shop around buffalo boarder

08-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #1
techy1
Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 328i

suggestion for car audio shop around buffalo boarder

Hey guys

I ordered a amp and sws 8 and had it shipped to the boarder.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a car audio shop around the boarder for me? I have someone really good here locally in Toronto, but to save on some the duties I figured I'll install it there.

if it helps any I ordered the harness with LOC and I have a amp kit already. all I really need is someone to just hook it up for me. Typically something like this i'd normally do myself but I don't feel like parking up somewhere and taking things apart.
      08-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #2
techy1
Lieutenant

bump anyone?
      09-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #3
Ali-323i
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 323i (Cdn) 4dr E90

Garage List
2007 BMW 323i  [0.00]
Sorry, no suggestions from me, but am curious to know who your installer in Toronto is.

Good installers are hard to come by these days.

Cheers.
      09-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #4
techy1
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali-323i View Post
Sorry, no suggestions from me, but am curious to know who your installer in Toronto is.

Good installers are hard to come by these days.

Cheers.
hey it's a place off steels and highway 27.

Good guy named Ganesh place is called Moonlite Sounds

I usually do installs myself but if anyone needs some custom work i send them to him check his facebook page and you can see the work he does.

to update about finding a place to install the sws subs in buffalo, I had no luck, checked 5 shops, None of them seemed confident to install it. Everyone quoted me 5 hrs. The only place reasonable was best buy quoted 150, but couldn't do it because he needed spacers. But this guy was just jerking me around. I found a shop that said they need 5 hrs to do it and it would cost $360 which i said no obviouslly, cause it doesn't defeat the purpose skipping duties, but they said they can make the spacers for me if i can give them the demensions. so I did, took them back to best buy which the installer saw me and i'm sure he was avoiding me because two people had to go get him while i waited for about 30-40 min. then when I spoke to him, he said he doesn't feel confident in doing it so he doesn't want to take the job. I told him he could've said so in the first place and then I wouldn't have bought the spacers. he gave me some look and said yeah but you need them anyways, I told him I didn't because I could've made them myself for free instead of buying them here. it's a simple install I don't understand why people there felt like it was rocket science to install.

If my gf wasn't with me I wanted to ask them to let me book their bay and use their tools and I'll install it lol... Over all I'd say if your looking to do a install in the states don't waste your time, When it comes to BMW these guys don't seem like they know how to work on them at all. I wasn't ready to pay almost 400 for someone to experiment on my car.