E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Different rear adjusters for ohlins R/T?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #1
robc1976
DIYER
robc1976's Avatar
89
Rep
4,754
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (11)

Different rear adjusters for ohlins R/T?

I must say I love the Ohlins but the rear adjusters plain suck, they spin when you go to adjust them and use the stupid spring pockets. If they did not use the spring pocket you could just loosen the shock nut step on hub and pop them out, adjust them put them back in. Instead you have to take a bunch of other stuff loose (LCA) to get them out and adjust them and reinstall. I know some drill holes in the adjusters and bolt them and keeps them from spinning but that is just plain ridiculous.

I believe Ohlins are a 65MM spring so does anyone have suggestions on another rear adjuster that can be inserted into chassis without the spring pocket....similar to ST, BC BR, ect?
__________________
JB4 G5, WEDGE flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, Motiv 750 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #2
nikitino25
Lieutenant
nikitino25's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
540
Posts

 
Drives: '07 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (2)

What exactly do you mean, are you talking about the height adjuster notched collar rings? Can you not get to them when the coils are on the car? Can you not tighten them when you have them adjusted like you want them?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 09:02 PM   #3
robc1976
DIYER
robc1976's Avatar
89
Rep
4,754
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitino25 View Post
What exactly do you mean, are you talking about the height adjuster notched collar rings? Can you not get to them when the coils are on the car? Can you not tighten them when you have them adjusted like you want them?
You can get to them but when you go to adjust them they spin in the spring pocket. If they didn't use the spring pocket I could easily pop them out adjust and pop back in...spring pocket cup won't allow this. Not a huge deal, I can just remove strut bike step on Jun and have wife adjust them.
__________________
JB4 G5, WEDGE flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, Motiv 750 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #4
MVEED3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
2
Rep
259
Posts

 
Drives: '08 e90 M3/'12 S1k
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (9)

Search brought me to this thread:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...pring+adjuster


Allen
__________________
2012 Bluefire S1kRR
Ohlins~Akra~Brembo~Lightech~Gilles
2008 Sparkling Graphite e90 M3 6spd
AST~Vorshlag~Akra~Advan~Yoko~Pagid~BMW Performance
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 04:14 PM   #5
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
418
Rep
11,446
Posts


 
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Santa Barbara, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, Quaife, Stoptech, Vorshlag

iTrader: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robc1976 View Post
I must say I love the Ohlins but the rear adjusters plain suck, they spin when you go to adjust them and use the stupid spring pockets. If they did not use the spring pocket you could just loosen the shock nut step on hub and pop them out, adjust them put them back in. Instead you have to take a bunch of other stuff loose (LCA) to get them out and adjust them and reinstall. I know some drill holes in the adjusters and bolt them and keeps them from spinning but that is just plain ridiculous.

I believe Ohlins are a 65MM spring so does anyone have suggestions on another rear adjuster that can be inserted into chassis without the spring pocket....similar to ST, BC BR, ect?
You can use HPA rear height adjusters with a 60-65mm spring adaptor:

http://www.hpashop.com/HPA-E82-E9x-R...st-e82-e9x.htm
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #6
robc1976
DIYER
robc1976's Avatar
89
Rep
4,754
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
You can use HPA rear height adjusters with a 60-65mm spring adaptor:

http://www.hpashop.com/HPA-E82-E9x-R...st-e82-e9x.htm
You have way to many things I want!
__________________
JB4 G5, WEDGE flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, Motiv 750 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST