E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis / Spacers > FS: Perfect 135i Brembo Brake System, Calipers, Brake Lines, Front Discs, 14k miles



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #1
msv
New Member
0
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: 2012 135i DCT
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

FS: Perfect 135i Brembo Brake System, Calipers, Brake Lines, Front Discs, 14k miles

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold
Location:
✓ Will Ship
Item Interest
Perfect like new brake system off of my 2012 135i. Brembo front and rear calipers with pads and brake lines, OEM 2-piece front discs.

Front system is an easy bolt-on. Front discs are 2-piece construction with aluminum center sections and measure 338x26mm. Same as the BMW Performance brake system.

Rear calipers will mount up to the 3-series, but the disc is a problem. I've seen them installed on a 3-series with a 335i disc with the diameter reduced from 336 to 324mm.

No measurable wear. Never tracked.

Local pickup greatly preferred, but I can ship at buyer's expense. Located in Irvine, CA 92614. $1000


Last edited by msv; 10-06-2013 at 12:26 AM.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #2
AcExSpades
Lieutenant
AcExSpades's Avatar
Peru
10
Rep
487
Posts

Drives: 11 MW E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: CNJ

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
2006 Subaru WRX STi  [0.00]
So the front caliper/rotors are a direct fit for a 335, but the rears need modification?

Is that right?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #3
JaysBlueE92
Mr. Monaco
JaysBlueE92's Avatar
United_States
54
Rep
4,060
Posts

Drives: Slow..
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 E92  [2.50]
dibs PM me paypal info shipped to NJ thanks
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #4
msv
New Member
0
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: 2012 135i DCT
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcExSpades View Post
So the front caliper/rotors are a direct fit for a 335, but the rears need modification?

Is that right?
The front of the 1-series is the same as the 3-series, so the fronts are no problem.

The rear of the 1-series uses a deeper disc than the 3 series, and there is no off-the-shelf BMW disc that has the right diameter, thickness, and depth. The 335 disc is 12mm too big in diameter and has the right thickness and depth, but would have to be modified to have them work.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #5
msv
New Member
0
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: 2012 135i DCT
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysBlueE92 View Post
dibs PM me paypal info shipped to NJ thanks
PM'd, thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 12:20 AM   #6
deathbunny
First Lieutenant
7
Rep
362
Posts

Drives: 08 335I
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Vegas

iTrader: (2)

Sexy, GLWS
__________________
"And just one question I might ask yah, and it might sound like A disaster, can you make this thing go faster?"
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 12:42 AM   #7
patrickguu
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
222
Posts

Drives: e92 335ix
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: brooklyn/buffalo

iTrader: (6)

how about 335i xdrive?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #8
Everfly
Colonel
Everfly's Avatar
28
Rep
2,155
Posts

Drives: 2012 135i M sport.
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Indianapolis

iTrader: (32)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv View Post
The front of the 1-series is the same as the 3-series, so the fronts are no problem.

The rear of the 1-series uses a deeper disc than the 3 series, and there is no off-the-shelf BMW disc that has the right diameter, thickness, and depth. The 335 disc is 12mm too big in diameter and has the right thickness and depth, but would have to be modified to have them work.
Good to know so i can buy the front BBK from E9x and put in my E82
Thanks
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #9
sivas
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
37
Posts

Drives: e93
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: nc

iTrader: (2)

Interested in calipers. Please let me know, if you can do it. Would paypal right away. If yes, please pm me price shipped to 28277. Else GLWS!!

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 07:21 PM   #10
SUHleen
Captain
18
Rep
858
Posts

Drives: 335is
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Central Ohio

iTrader: (10)

Ok so I have a set of these that I used on my e46. I wanted to put them on my e92, but I hear different things. Some people say they are better than stock e92 brakes, most people they say they are worse? Is it because the rotor diameter is smaller when using them? Because I'm not sure how a 6 piston Brembo caliper is less effective than the stock 2 piston or whatever they use
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #11
msv
New Member
0
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: 2012 135i DCT
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUHleen View Post
Ok so I have a set of these that I used on my e46. I wanted to put them on my e92, but I hear different things. Some people say they are better than stock e92 brakes, most people they say they are worse? Is it because the rotor diameter is smaller when using them? Because I'm not sure how a 6 piston Brembo caliper is less effective than the stock 2 piston or whatever they use
No offense, but why are you posting this in my for sale thread???
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #12
Amgeater2
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
210
Posts

Drives: E93 335is retired F82 M4 otw
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hallandale, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUHleen View Post
Ok so I have a set of these that I used on my e46. I wanted to put them on my e92, but I hear different things. Some people say they are better than stock e92 brakes, most people they say they are worse? Is it because the rotor diameter is smaller when using them? Because I'm not sure how a 6 piston Brembo caliper is less effective than the stock 2 piston or whatever they use
If you have a 335 then your are 100% down grading NO QUESTIONS !!! If you have a 328 330 then your are good !!!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #13
dx1541
First Lieutenant
6
Rep
313
Posts

Drives: E92 335is blue water metallic
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Malaysia

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgeater2 View Post
If you have a 335 then your are 100% down grading NO QUESTIONS !!! If you have a 328 330 then your are good !!!
Dang! Just as I thought those 6 pistons were gonna make the front look better as well...
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 10:45 PM   #14
msv
New Member
0
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: 2012 135i DCT
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

335 discs measure 348x30mm while these are 338x26mm. So while the calipers are better, the system would have less fade resistance.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2013, 11:05 AM   #15
Amgeater2
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
210
Posts

Drives: E93 335is retired F82 M4 otw
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hallandale, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv View Post
335 discs measure 348x30mm while these are 338x26mm. So while the calipers are better, the system would have less fade resistance.
Op you are wrong, the calipers are not better. Just because the are 6 piston calipers it doesn't make it better FYI
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2013, 11:11 AM   #16
msv
New Member
0
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: 2012 135i DCT
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgeater2 View Post
Op you are wrong, the calipers are not better. Just because the are 6 piston calipers it doesn't make it better FYI
Wrong. A fixed mount 6-piston monobloc caliper is far superior to a single piston sliding caliper. If this wasn't the case, then the world's high performance cars (and all level of racing) wouldn't be using this style of caliper (BMW included). It's not the number of pistons that make it superior, it is the function, stiffness, and efficiency of the design.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 04:03 PM   #17
zivyn
First Lieutenant
4
Rep
348
Posts

Drives: for enjoyment
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: West coast transplant

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv View Post
Wrong. A fixed mount 6-piston monobloc caliper is far superior to a single piston sliding caliper. If this wasn't the case, then the world's high performance cars (and all level of racing) wouldn't be using this style of caliper (BMW included). It's not the number of pistons that make it superior, it is the function, stiffness, and efficiency of the design.
OP - nice looking brakes, that style should be standard IMO

That said, these breaks are a downgrade from standard 335i breaks and any potential buyers should be made 100% clear. BMW offers these for the 328 but NOT the 335 for this very reason.
http://www.getbmwparts.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462

Link to previous thread
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...2#post12971352


They do look nice though, hopefully you sell them soon! Where are all the 1 series owners?

Last edited by zivyn; 09-08-2013 at 04:15 PM. Reason: spelling error
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #18
msv
New Member
0
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: 2012 135i DCT
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zivyn View Post
That said, these breaks are a downgrade from standard 335i breaks and any potential buyers should be made 100% clear. BMW offers these for the 328 but NOT the 335 for this very reason.
It's brakes BTW. I've already mentioned the issue with the 335i above, see post #14
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #19
zivyn
First Lieutenant
4
Rep
348
Posts

Drives: for enjoyment
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: West coast transplant

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv View Post
It's brakes BTW.
Nice catch, fixed

GLWS
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 01:00 AM   #20
SUHleen
Captain
18
Rep
858
Posts

Drives: 335is
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Central Ohio

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv View Post
No offense, but why are you posting this in my for sale thread???
I was thinking about picking up the set so I could have matching rears with some extra work, but I was not sure if I even wanted to keep mine. Not trying to scare away any potential buyers, as I still may use mine, but with a nice set of rotors. When I had them on my e46 but with stock pads, it still stopped on a dime without any fade. They were awesome brakes.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 09:49 PM   #21
Amgeater2
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
210
Posts

Drives: E93 335is retired F82 M4 otw
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hallandale, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv View Post
Wrong. A fixed mount 6-piston monobloc caliper is far superior to a single piston sliding caliper. If this wasn't the case, then the world's high performance cars (and all level of racing) wouldn't be using this style of caliper (BMW included). It's not the number of pistons that make it superior, it is the function, stiffness, and efficiency of the design.
With all the respect but you don't know what you are talking about

Please look at the thread posted in the previous post and educate yourself and them come back to me and tell me that I am wrong....
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #22
msv
New Member
0
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: 2012 135i DCT
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

I'm not trying to get into an argument with you. I have posted here in order to sell my brake system, not to have a debate with you. If you aren't looking to buy them, please go away. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST