E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > ► WTF Is this Sh*t - Speed Not Reasonable & Prudent

09-21-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
hl0m4n
Brigadier General

Drives: BMW

Angry ► WTF Is this Sh*t - Speed Not Reasonable & Prudent

i live in a real residential neighborhood with a park near by. i was leaving my neighborhood and there was a cop just leaving the park parking lot (they usually stop by as teens smoke weed and stuff).

i pass him and as he pulls out of the parking lot he turns on his lights and pulls me over. long story short he gives me this ticket that has no speed limit and just says speed not reasonable & prudent.

wtf is this shit. there are no speed signs in the whole neighborhood and i wasn't speeding just driving the same speed and way i do every fucking day.

i can't believe i got pulled over literally just down the street from my house. i tried to tell the cop i live here and that is the speed everyone goes and he just replied "well it was too fast".

wtf are you fucking kidding me this guy doesn't even live here....

this ticket makes no sense.

since there is no speed over is this a speeding ticket? points?

sorry for the vent but this is just one of those cases where it makes no sense of getting a ticket. i mean its my fucking neighborhood or in this matter the street that i live on

and if that wasn't enough he added a no front plate as well... cause you know he is a big douche.
Want To Buy:

Last edited by hl0m4n; 09-21-2013 at 07:10 PM.
hl0m4n is offline   United_States
      09-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #2
jce92
aw ftw

Drives: 09' e92 328xi

if there is no speed record on ticket they can't prove you for speeding lol I once got ticket going backwards fast (I really did lol) but it got dismissed and I didn't even have to say a word
jce92 is offline   United_States
      09-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #3
peepayy_91
Lieutenant

Drives: '07 e92 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
What part of NY if you dont mind me asking? I dont think the ticket can stick without an actual speed. Pretty sure it would get dismissed if you went to traffic court.

" Yeah man, the chargepipe alone gives me about +50tq to the wheels"
peepayy_91 is offline   United_States
      09-21-2013, 07:25 PM   #4
D335NUTZ
The Blue Beast

Drives: 2008 E92 335xi in Montego Blue

Send a message via AIM to D335NUTZ
If you get a lawyer the cop most likely won't win. He had no way of measuring your speed to know its unreasonable.
Attached Images

Cobb AP Stage 2+ | BMS DCI | UR Catless DP | UR Chargepipe | Tial BV 50mm | BSH OCC | ETS FMIC | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | KWv1 Coilovers | Volk TE37 TC Kline Ed.
D335NUTZ is offline   China
      09-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #5
NEFARIOUS
First Lieutenant

Drives: 06 330xi Sedan

Garage List
Send a message via ICQ to NEFARIOUS Send a message via AIM to NEFARIOUS Send a message via Yahoo to NEFARIOUS Send a message via Skype™ to NEFARIOUS
If absolutely needed:
"Your honor, all crimes and violations are based on exact charges. As there is neither a speed limit on the citation, nor is there any clause in that section of the law that, based on the location and conditions, prescribes an exact speed limit for anyone to follow. Therefore, it is unconstitutional to be charged with a non-specific charge; I motion for dismissal under Void for Vagueness."

Signed,

Someone who got a crapload of tickets in his youth and learned due process instead of easing up on that throttle.
      09-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #6
ny330xi
Private First Class

Drives: 2006 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
i live in a real residential neighborhood with a park near by. i was leaving my neighborhood and there was a cop just leaving the park parking lot (they usually stop by as teens smoke weed and stuff).

i pass him and as he pulls out of the parking lot he turns on his lights and pulls me over. long story short he gives me this ticket that has no speed limit and just says speed not reasonable & prudent.

wtf is this shit. there are no speed signs in the whole neighborhood and i wasn't speeding just driving the same speed and way i do every fucking day.

i can't believe i got pulled over literally just down the street from my house. i tried to tell the cop i live here and that is the speed everyone goes and he just replied "well it was too fast".

wtf are you fucking kidding me this guy doesn't even live here....

this ticket makes no sense.

since there is no speed over is this a speeding ticket? points?

sorry for the vent but this is just one of those cases where it makes no sense of getting a ticket. i mean its my fucking neighborhood or in this matter the street that i live on

and if that wasn't enough he added a no front plate as well... cause you know he is a big douche.

VTL Sec 1080a is typically meant for inclement weather, i.e., it isn't reasonable or prudent to be doing 55 mph with 6 inches of snow on the ground. Without looking, I'd guess it's a 3 point violation.

You have the opportunity to request a supporting deposition which would detail the facts supporting the charge.

Where are you located?