E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Wastegate rattle fix



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #23
e90sexion
E 9 0 S E X I O N
 
e90sexion's Avatar
 
Drives: M3, Z4MC
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver/WA

Posts: 6,324
iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH335i View Post
I got mine replaced with bmws 82,000 mile warranty.
The bill was 0$ but the it woulda been around 6 or 7 grand. If it wasnt for the warranty.

2 turbos and labor is pricey
what year your e92?
was the rattling bad?
e90sexion is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2013, 08:47 PM   #24
NH335i
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NH

Posts: 304
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90sexion
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH335i View Post
I got mine replaced with bmws 82,000 mile warranty.
The bill was 0$ but the it woulda been around 6 or 7 grand. If it wasnt for the warranty.

2 turbos and labor is pricey
what year your e92?
was the rattling bad?
07'
And it wasnt to bad. Just in star ups and shut downs

And was intermediate.
Definitely wasn't a everytime thing.
NH335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2013, 10:45 PM   #25
e90sexion
E 9 0 S E X I O N
 
e90sexion's Avatar
 
Drives: M3, Z4MC
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver/WA

Posts: 6,324
iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH335i View Post
07'
And it wasnt to bad. Just in star ups and shut downs

And was intermediate.
Definitely wasn't a everytime thing.
mine is 08
and I get wg rattle at start up, accelating
I thought it has something to do with my exhaust but its the famous WG.
Its not so bad, but if it is covered why not.... glad I have CPO intact... I hope they replace the turbo lol
e90sexion is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-13-2013, 04:56 AM   #26
NH335i
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NH

Posts: 304
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Ya.
Definitely worked out well for me.
I have a third party warranty that would have covered it but didnt even need to use it.
NH335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-13-2013, 05:36 AM   #27
Briancanadiano
Brian335tt
 
Briancanadiano's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i premium package 19"ri
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 809
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH335i View Post
Ya.
Definitely worked out well for me.
I have a third party warranty that would have covered it but didnt even need to use it.
This warranty is only in USA correct?
Briancanadiano is online now   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-13-2013, 07:06 AM   #28
Tzu
Major
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,477
iTrader: (1)

My turbos were replaced for WG rattle earlier in the year. Rattle was gone for a week, and then came back, and now the new turbos are howling on top of it. I should have just kept my old units.
Tzu is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-13-2013, 08:11 AM   #29
NH335i
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NH

Posts: 304
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briancanadiano
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH335i View Post
Ya.
Definitely worked out well for me.
I have a third party warranty that would have covered it but didnt even need to use it.
This warranty is only in USA correct?
I know its just bmw North America.

Sooo that would be you.

But its a different country so idk.

Someone else that posted on here seemed to think it was just the US.

Idk enough about to really say either way.
NH335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #30
cc_25
Private First Class
 
cc_25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON

Posts: 107
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH335i View Post
I know its just bmw North America.

Sooo that would be you.

But its a different country so idk.

Someone else that posted on here seemed to think it was just the US.

Idk enough about to really say either way.

It's slightly confusing, but "BMW North America" is actually just the legal name of BMW in the United States only. "BMW Canada" is a separate legal entity governing Canada. All rules/warranties/coverages here are set by BMW Canada only.
cc_25 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-14-2013, 08:16 AM   #31
Briancanadiano
Brian335tt
 
Briancanadiano's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i premium package 19"ri
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 809
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_25 View Post
It's slightly confusing, but "BMW North America" is actually just the legal name of BMW in the United States only. "BMW Canada" is a separate legal entity governing Canada. All rules/warranties/coverages here are set by BMW Canada only.
Well that's a nice kick in the nuts by BMW! This is insane you pay 70+k for a car and you get a shitty rattle that makes you sound like a shitty fart canon civic.
Briancanadiano is online now   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST