E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > BMS powerbox



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-19-2013, 01:58 AM   #1
CYL
First Lieutenant
3
Rep
340
Posts

 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

BMS powerbox

Has anyone installed the BMS powerbox?
Is there any drawback of it and where did you get yours?
I saw some article saying that there is US version and EURO version?
Thanks.

I am trying tk do a mod that would increase the torque, or increase the responsiveness of the throttle.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2013, 02:09 AM   #2
Spikey
Captain
Australia
8
Rep
777
Posts

 
Drives: erratically
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: around town~

iTrader: (0)

There's no increase in output at all... just a change in throttle response. It make it feel like you planted your foot down when you have only hit 1/3 ir half way....
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2013, 03:19 AM   #3
CYL
First Lieutenant
3
Rep
340
Posts

 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
There's no increase in output at all... just a change in throttle response. It make it feel like you planted your foot down when you have only hit 1/3 ir half way....
Ic, so, it just gives you an illusion, and to make the throttle more responsive?
hmm.....not worth then....i just need to get used to a slight more heavy foot will have the same result.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 07:12 AM   #4
kaizen
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

 
Drives: n/a
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Perth, Western Australia

iTrader: (0)

I'm tempted to buy this too but after seeing mixed reviews indicating that it's mostly a placebo effect due to the throttle change mentioned, i'm on the fence..

But I did notice that Terry from BMS on one forum post mentions that it richens the air fuel ratio and thus increases power... bit skeptical on this but...
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 07:32 AM   #5
Spikey
Captain
Australia
8
Rep
777
Posts

 
Drives: erratically
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: around town~

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYL View Post
Ic, so, it just gives you an illusion, and to make the throttle more responsive?
hmm.....not worth then....i just need to get used to a slight more heavy foot will have the same result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizen View Post
I'm tempted to buy this too but after seeing mixed reviews indicating that it's mostly a placebo effect due to the throttle change mentioned, i'm on the fence..

But I did notice that Terry from BMS on one forum post mentions that it richens the air fuel ratio and thus increases power... bit skeptical on this but...
There is absolutely no increase.... I had one in my e92. It "feels" like full throttle at 1/2 throttle. Car is no faster at all. IF you know what it is and are OK with it (which i was) then go ahead and get it. But do not kid yourself or let other reviews tell you there is 'noticeable' power difference. There is none. If there was there'd be heaps of before and after dynos illustrating this. There aren't any though, just reviews of how people 'feel' before and after.

I've still got mine, happy to sell it (used) and ship out. PM me if you are still keen.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 08:07 AM   #6
mikenazz
Enlisted Member
Australia
0
Rep
43
Posts

 
Drives: 325i e93
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Forestville Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYL View Post
Has anyone installed the BMS powerbox?
Is there any drawback of it and where did you get yours?
I saw some article saying that there is US version and EURO version?
Thanks.

I am trying tk do a mod that would increase the torque, or increase the responsiveness of the throttle.
Its like having your car on ds+ mode when set to map 3. link the article? there is only 1 for euro and us models i believe.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #7
kaizen
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

 
Drives: n/a
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Perth, Western Australia

iTrader: (0)

aha, no problems Spikey, thanks for the info and offer.

Sounds like I better put the money elsewhere, cheers!
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST