E90Post

Horizon LED

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Things that really grind your gears

09-19-2013, 01:30 AM   #23
hongsc
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

Saw another BMW driver pull out without signaling then swerve in and out of lanes on the freeway. Had no idea what was going on and later noticed he/she had a flat tire. The person could have at least turned on their emergency lights.

On a side note, almost got into an accident yesterday because some teen had to turn left right in front of me. A couple of ft from an accident. He couldn't have turned when he had a chance. He waited to turn right in front of me. And yell something at me. Really?! Was tempted to chase him down and......
      09-19-2013, 08:25 AM   #24
norsairius
Foodie and Gearhead
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Sedan

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErzenE92 View Post
Toyota Priuses in general.
Agreed, though I would actually broaden that to Toyota drivers in general. Corollas, Camrys, RAV4s (below), etc.

I consistently get stuck behind slow drivers in Toyotas than any other car brand. Hondas are unfortunately starting to catch up. I should add that not all of them are bad or slow.

I firmly believe that driving too slow can be just as dangerous as driving too fast. If you're going too slow relative to the flow of traffic (regardless of speed limit), you're just an obstacle. I've seen this create a lot of unsafe situations on the interstate and freeways in the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
I'm driving my 6 1/2 y.o. 335i coupe, and some grandma is tailgating me in a RAV4. She moves out and passes me on a double-yellow, friggin' AARP for 18 years runnin' bi***. So I decide that at an intersection I'm gonna beat her old a** and I take the left turn only lane, but plan on going straight. The opposing traffic gets a green arrow, so now the race is on. When my light turns green I smoked my tires, and the person next to me must have gotten scared. So grandma was stuck behind the scared driver and got so mad she leaned on her horn and scared the driver some more (why are Japanese car horns so wimpy that you can barely hear them?). Finally she caught back up to me and passed me again on the double yellow! ...
I read somewhere that the tone of the car horn, particularly from Japan, is actually more of a cultural thing. Car horns in Japanese cars may tend to sound less harsh because in Japan the horn is meant more of a "oh, you should go ahead" or "please go ahead" kind of thing instead of the typical "GET OUT OF THE WAY" or "YOU'RE AN IDIOT" type of message that we tend to try and send here in the states. I can't remember where I read it, but it made sense. Of the Japanese cars I've driven, the horns were a bit wimpy with the exception of the 2005 Nissan Altima I had, that one sounded more like the typical horn you'd hear around here.
      09-19-2013, 08:32 AM   #25
E90Ryan
Kissin' Titties
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 335i

How about when you're one of the three cars, them two driving exactly the speed limit or under, and they continue to drive next to each other, or in a way where there just isn't enough space for you to squeeze through and get to where you need to be. I feel this move is more intentional then not and really irritates me. Other times I can deal with it, but most of the time I'm trying to get somewhere and time is money.
      09-19-2013, 08:37 AM   #26
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 914kid View Post
I find RAV4 drivers to be lame in general. Always one annoying RAV4 driver during my morning commute.
Those and CR-V's, especially if a man is driving. What kind of man would drive one of those? The funny thing is those da** cars cost what a 328i RWD sedan did in 2007. That's pretty scary. That's why imho NOBODY should be buying a new car today, the prices have escalated. I guess leasers would beg to differ, all they care about is their monthly payment.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 09:23 AM   #27
JAL0988
Major
Rep

Drives: e92 335i xdrive

Fucking Prius' and their owners.
      09-19-2013, 09:24 AM   #28
JAL0988
Major
Rep

Drives: e92 335i xdrive

Also Lexus RX drivers are some of the worst on the road. I didn't notice it until someone pointed it out to me but holy shit they suck the big one too.
      09-19-2013, 09:35 AM   #29
Jonjt
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 09 E92 335i M-sport

Oh boy.....

Things that REALLY grind my gears:
Shitty roads. Long Island roads are absolutely trash. I've spent thousands repairing/replacing wheels tires and wheel bearings before their time.

Having to be on-guard every time I go to the dealer. Greedy jerks

Idiots on the road who don't respect safe following distances. I can't drive in the north east without some dumba** cutting in right in front of or behind me

People who don't maintain their work vehicles and spray the road with rocks and sand

White vans and White van men

People who don't use their indicators and/or who do not look thoroughly before changing lanes.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 09:43 AM   #30
Forever Fly
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07 E92 M Sport TiAG

Toyota Prius Drivers
Rock Chips
People who slow down on the interstate because a cop already has someone pulled over
Idiots driving either too fast or way too slow in the lane we have to merge into off the ramp
When construction trucks roll 2-3 wide instead of single file so no 1 can pass
Ass riders
If I'm doing 15-20 over the speed limit in the fast lane don't ride my ass, go around. I'm not driving slow you're just an idiot
Texters on the road
Speeding wreckless minivan dtivers
Idiot sport bike drivers weaving in and out of traffic
Anyone with Delaware Plates...
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #31
Bobby_Sardells
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2011 335i XDrive Special Ed.

Garage List
1) Drivers who will maintain the same speed for a few kilometers then when they see you try to change lanes you can see their car go into passing gear and they try to not let you in

2) Driving behind someone on an on-ramp who is merging onto the highway going 70km/h

3) When passing lane driver is keeping the same speed as car next to him hence blocking everyone behind

4) Truck drivers taking 100 hours to make a left on a yellow-turning-red hence blocking the next advance-green

5) Drivers who decide to cut infront of you under braking conditions and are braking even harder than you (off-ramp coming up to light)

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #32
catcher22
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

1) Two lane road, two cars driving side by side, and a line of cars behind both

2) Driving on the Interstate and idiots driving in the left lane with 20 cars behind them itching to go faster or looking to switch to a faster lane. So negligent

3) When you approach a car quickly in the left lane on an open road, but that car doesn't move over for you
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #33
Bobby_Sardells
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2011 335i XDrive Special Ed.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher22 View Post
1) Two lane road, two cars driving side by side, and a line of cars behind both

2) Driving on the Interstate and idiots driving in the left lane with 20 cars behind them itching to go faster or looking to switch to a faster lane. So negligent

3) When you approach a car quickly in the left lane on an open road, but that car doesn't move over for you
I hate number 3! If i see someone flying up behind me in the passing lane i'm busting over as fast as a i can to let him pass and get a ticket!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #34
Datsik
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Ryan View Post
Another one; you park a football field away from whatever store you may go to, trying to avoid door dings and what not. Then when you return, there's that one person that decided to park next to you with ten more spaces they could have chosen, closer to the door and away, from you.
THIS!!!!! I actually made a thread about this awhile go, it's so frustrating. The worst part is that the people who do park next to you usually have old beaters. I know I'll get the "first world problem" haters but damn this bugs me to no end.
      09-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #35
canusaybimmy
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Drives: E92 335is

Blood pressure rose to astounding levels reading this thread.
Twitter: @Efrtls | Instagram: Efrtls
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #36
Bakeme521
Some say...
United_States
Rep

Drives: Fresh

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.04]
When people start the most retarded threads on this forum and clutter is with USELESS/INCORRECT Information, or just plain wasting space on the forum. Here are the ones just on the front page of just the general section from today, I won't even start on the n54 section.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=890754

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=891101

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=890864

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=890938

I have exhaust and an intake...
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #37
kdbryce
I have to return some video tapes
United_States
Rep

Drives: e92 335i 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game
The fact that I can't control my music through my iDrive without a $300+ adapter.
Idk if someone already mentioned it, but I think they're like 80$ from the dealer. At least they were a couple years ago. They're cheaper on eBay but I went with the OEM one to be safe
      09-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #38
vitriol
Contumacious
No_Country
Rep

Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
I'm driving my 6 1/2 y.o. 335i coupe, and some grandma is tailgating me in a RAV4. She moves out and passes me on a double-yellow, friggin' AARP for 18 years runnin' bi***. So I decide that at an intersection I'm gonna beat her old a** and I take the left turn only lane, but plan on going straight. The opposing traffic gets a green arrow, so now the race is on. When my light turns green I smoked my tires, and the person next to me must have gotten scared. So grandma was stuck behind the scared driver and got so mad she leaned on her horn and scared the driver some more (why are Japanese car horns so wimpy that you can barely hear them?). Finally she caught back up to me and passed me again on the double yellow!

You are 60+ y.o., but to tell you the truth, your behavior does grind my gears. And I know it's wrong to be hatin' on old women who might be having' hot flashes, but wth is up with that s***? One fully expects 17 y.o. males to be reckless, not 68 y.o. grandmas.
You're not in So California are you? I know someone who fits this description exactly. Would be hilarious if it's the same person. On the other hand it describes at least 50 percent of RAV4 drivers...
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 01:06 PM   #39
BoostedRide
Zoom Zoom
United_States
Rep

Drives: MAZDASPEED6 & MIATA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3000GT MR View Post
Sometimes if i shift to second gear to quick it grinds. And intern that grinds my gears
Is this intern hot?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #40
blackturbo
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Drives: 335i

There is a spider that's been living inside my side mirror for the past 2 months and I can't flush it out for some reason. The only time I see it is when i'm driving and I SWEAR to you I feel like it's taking a peep at me smiling and grinning at me, like you can't get me HA! It has relocated to my rear right inner fender lining. each day i'll see spider webs on my car.

That little f&*()% probably thinks my car is a big black bug or something. Its so annoying. Its like some super arachnic steroid pumped spider that wont die, WHY?!?!?!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #41
stevers314
packet jockey
Rep

Drives: 2011 335d M Sport

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAL0988 View Post
Also Lexus RX drivers are some of the worst on the road. I didn't notice it until someone pointed it out to me but holy shit they suck the big one too.
times eleventy billion
      09-19-2013, 03:39 PM   #42
914kid
Banned
Rep

Drives: E90 335xi

I have a few more from driving today.

People who drive 20 miles under the limit and speed up when you overtake them.

When leaving one of my campus parking lots at a particular time its impossible to leave without someone letting you in the "exit line", usually takes 10-15 cars before someone lets you in. Like WTF no common courtesy at all. Makes me want to bash someone the drivers in the face.

Also people that don't thank you after you let them in front or something or let them merge in during rush hour.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #43
Kid Eh
Grand Theft Votto
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2013 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureHaze View Post

Oh and let us not forget the retards that leaves a 10-car gap in front of them in the passing lane and have no clue that you want them to move the fuck over even with the courtesy high beam flash and the soft honk. After you pass them (I usually cut them off hard without blinkers), they finally decide to move over to the next lane. Why must I endure these cretins everyday...
This!!!

"I used to be conceited. Now I'm perfect"
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 04:11 PM   #44
Nr!qUe
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 E90 LCI 328i 6MT

Send a message via MSN to Nr!qUe Send a message via Skype™ to Nr!qUe
What grinds my gears.

When i put it in 2nd and the gears grind
2009 BMW E90 328i | Xenons | MT | Space Gray | Beige-ette | CF Fabric Trim | iPod/USB | 20% Tints | Euro-Plate | Rear Fog Switch Lego Mod | Painted Reflectors | Performance Short-shift Kit | Style 197 Wheels | OEM Sport Suspension | OEM Trunk Spoiler | Pioneer AVH4400BH -DVD
Appreciate 0