E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Guees what? My urea tank is OOC

09-26-2013, 08:20 AM   #23
Puerto Rican 335d
Colonel
Puerto Rico
Rep

Drives: Montego Blue 335d

Guess what? they came finally to bat and gave me a LOANER, the 328 is a PEPPY engine but even in ECO Mode Ive spent 1/4 tank and Im driving like granny and a few or more outburst but like the "D", I guess Im soiled with the "D", my girlfriend loved the handling and steering,but she said the instrumental panel looked CHEAP!!, we couldnt find the cup cause there AINT none!!! or im faulking blind WTF!!! BMW, I agree with her the handling is very good and liked it but for the price Id rather get a TOYOTA!!. Car still inshop and will provide final analysis, Already spoke to Lenny at RENNtech and trying to open new thread to remove entire BS emissions(OK guys dont give me SHEITT on the enviroment crap I dont want to hear it ok, gracias!!) Will keep everyone posted
Amsoil Cetane Boost Diesel Fuel Additive
Amsoil Diesel Fuel Additive Concentrate
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 08:46 AM   #24
F32Fleet
BMWCCA since '03
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d View Post
Guess what? they came finally to bat and gave me a LOANER, the 328 is a PEPPY engine but even in ECO Mode Ive spent 1/4 tank and Im driving like granny and a few or more outburst but like the "D", I guess Im soiled with the "D", my girlfriend loved the handling and steering,but she said the instrumental panel looked CHEAP!!, we couldnt find the cup cause there AINT none!!! or im faulking blind WTF!!! BMW, I agree with her the handling is very good and liked it but for the price Id rather get a TOYOTA!!. Car still inshop and will provide final analysis, Already spoke to Lenny at RENNtech and trying to open new thread to remove entire BS emissions(OK guys dont give me SHEITT on the enviroment crap I dont want to hear it ok, gracias!!) Will keep everyone posted
The cup holders are in front of the shifter. Just pop out the tray.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 11:02 AM   #25
Pierre Louis
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2011 335d Sport Package

Quote:
BMW, I agree with her the handling is very good and liked it but for the price Id rather get a TOYOTA!!.
LOL!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #26
Puerto Rican 335d
Colonel
Puerto Rico
Rep

duh Socom I found gracias!!!

Honestly PL a toyota AVALON which BTW has the same chasis and motor that the lower end Lexus has, is a better deal and trust it may never go wrong on you come think of it!!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2013, 05:35 AM   #27
Puerto Rican 335d
Colonel
Puerto Rico
Rep

Guess what? I have pictures of the UREA Pump and man does this suck, spoke to the mechanic and he told me had not heard or ran into someone with carbon build up as of yet in the island, time will tell. Apparently there was a LEAK!!!, here's the pic:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2013, 09:22 AM   #28
crugeman
Rep

Drives: 2011 335D

Someone pee'd all over your tank!! Yuck :/
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 07:19 AM   #29
Puerto Rican 335d
Colonel
Puerto Rico
Rep

LOL it peed on itself
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 04:03 PM   #30
Quasimodem
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 335d

Garage List
2009 335d US  [0.00]
Quote:
Guess what? I have pictures of the UREA Pump and man does this suck, spoke to the mechanic and he told me had not heard or ran into someone with carbon build up as of yet in the island, time will tell. Apparently there was a LEAK!!!, here's the pic:
So it is just a seal, you don't need a tank?
Speakers: CDT Audio HD-42 comps--front doors (RAAMmat deadened), CDT ES-06 6.5" woofers--kickpanl Pods, Hertz EBX202R dual 8" ported trunk sub. Amps: Phoenix Gold RSd 500.4 (comps & pods). PG RSd 600.1 (sub). Power & Ground: 4AWG Streetwires w/RockFosgt RFDB1 distro blocks. Input: HU lineout--Kicker KISL RCA adapters--RockFosgt RFIT-6 cables--Audiocontrol Matrix--Monster cables--RSd 500.4--lineout Monstr Cabl to RSd 600.1.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 05:44 AM   #31
Puerto Rican 335d
Colonel
Puerto Rico
Rep

Quad the tank is rather small but once I get the DPF removed it also will be removed. Its unfortunate that this hapened but again this can and will happen to any other D
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 06:52 AM   #32
Jffeijao
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
I guess we are all entitled to our own opinions....but to me, despite how complex the emissions system is on our cars, it is one of the things I love.

Most people hate diesels because of how dirty smokey and stinky they are especially the rednecks in their Fords or Dodge pickups with the ghey stacks that spew massive soot.

Personally, I love being able to boast to others that I get awesome mpg, ~300hp, and emissions cleaner than a gasser equivalent.
Fully agree. There are a very significant amount of engineering hours dedicated to solve the equation of performance vs fuel consumption vs emissions. The result is a balance where every component of the car carries a role. Once you modify and affect the original balance the entire system is working in a non validated condition and will perform differently. Most likely affecting reliability. Sometimes safety. It may not be a big deal for many, but for me is.
In a normal car these days, considering powertrain controls and electronics, there are over 15 million command lines of software. You can for sure play with it, but not free of consequences.
2012 Grand Cherokee (sold!)
2003 MB SLK stick (garage queen)
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 07:43 AM   #33
335dFan
Jumping Jack Flash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
It seems we all have different ideas about when civil disobedience is appropriate and when it is not. IT will always be thus. But as was just posted, we can choose our actions, but we cannot always choose or predict the consequences. Pretty heavy for a car forum.
Mods-Etc: Quaife LSD w/VAC finned diff cover, M3 Rear SF Bushings, M3 sways & OEM Susp Front/Rear Cmpnt Kits ('cept strut brace), GC Caster/Camber Plates, AC Schnitzer M3 Sport Springs, JRZ RS1 dampers, JBD 100%, Goodrich SS brake lines, non-stggrd APEX ARC-8 18" wheels with Nitto Motivo tires (winter OEM 17" wheels and Blizzak LM-25).
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 08:15 AM   #34
Puerto Rican 335d
Colonel
Puerto Rico
Rep

Jffeijo I understand your plight BUT!! our engines have been in the market for 13 yrs in European and world markets only 3 for US Version, that said BMW can and could had these issues resolved by now!!! I happened to mod my 02 MCS and ran flawlessly for 9 years with RENNtech flash , Super charger pulley enchancement at 15%, sure some parts broke down like the cranksahft pulley which was well known for breakdowns and weighed almost 10 lbs!! I changed the crankshaft pulley to o a better and lighter one from M7Tuning which weigh one lb yes u read that right one lb.

On the part of reliability who knows what will happen Ive always modded my cars and i can attest that that I really never had major breakdowns i.e. clutch, engine or tranny malfunction.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #35
Jffeijao
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dFan View Post
It seems we all have different ideas about when civil disobedience is appropriate and when it is not. IT will always be thus. But as was just posted, we can choose our actions, but we cannot always choose or predict the consequences. Pretty heavy for a car forum.
We have a high level group of people here. Grown ups, paying for their own bills and free to decide on what to do and what to expect. Provided laws are not neglected the only thing i can say is : let's continue to have fun with our cars the way we deem appropriate!
Cheers
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #36
Jffeijao
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Jffeijo I understand your plight BUT!! our engines have been in the market for 13 yrs in European and world markets only 3 for US Version, that said BMW can and could had these issues resolved by now!!! I happened to mod my 02 MCS and ran flawlessly for 9 years with RENNtech flash , Super charger pulley enchancement at 15%, sure some parts broke down like the cranksahft pulley which was well known for breakdowns and weighed almost 10 lbs!! I changed the crankshaft pulley to o a better and lighter one from M7Tuning which weigh one lb yes u read that right one lb.

On the part of reliability who knows what will happen Ive always modded my cars and i can attest that that I really never had major breakdowns i.e. clutch, engine or tranny malfunction.
It is a fact the engine has been in european market for a long time. And I agree some reliability issues there should have been resolved by now. Anyways the M57 is now discontinued and replaced by the N57. Hope the issues were addressed.
Now we cannot compare the application in europe and in US. Software and hardware are significantly different.So are the fuel specs. From what the average person can see it is the same car but sure it is not.
I got here at the forum access to a booklet more than 100 pages long versing only on hardware differences!

Regardless, this does not block any of us to do whatever we want to. I just do not have the balls (and sometimes the financial resources) as many of you to perform significant changes. Driving a prototype is an expensive sport!
In the end I envy the performance results you guys achieve...
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #37
Puerto Rican 335d
Colonel
Puerto Rico
Rep

Amigo J dont worry you will find a way to mod ur car go the cheaper way JB then save up for the WAGNER IC and you can install yourself then u wont envy us
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #38
335dFan
Jumping Jack Flash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Amigo J dont worry you will find a way to mod ur car go the cheaper way JB then save up for the WAGNER IC and you can install yourself then u wont envy us
Yes, the JBD is pretty much a simple way to get some more horses and torque. Not too expensive and removable. Even for clods like me.
Mods-Etc: Quaife LSD w/VAC finned diff cover, M3 Rear SF Bushings, M3 sways & OEM Susp Front/Rear Cmpnt Kits ('cept strut brace), GC Caster/Camber Plates, AC Schnitzer M3 Sport Springs, JRZ RS1 dampers, JBD 100%, Goodrich SS brake lines, non-stggrd APEX ARC-8 18" wheels with Nitto Motivo tires (winter OEM 17" wheels and Blizzak LM-25).
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #39
CT_335D
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2009 BMW 335d

Quote:
Well amigos took my car to the dealer with an SES and of course NO LOANER provided since the law states here that if the car is going to be 5 days or more then they will provide me one. Anyway SA txt me and told me the UREA tank has gone bad, WTF tank gone bad or pump gone bad, will keep everyone posted!!
The same thing happened to me this morning. The service rep called me up and said the the diesel exhaust pump (urea pump) has failed and they will order a replacement. They also said that the urea tank gets replaced with the pump. Don't know if the tank comes with the pump as one unit and that's why they need to replace the entire unit. Should get my car on Monday.

I also foudn out that since the car has CPO warranty, I will have to pay a $50 deductilbe, which no one ever told me about this.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #40
Puerto Rican 335d
Colonel
Puerto Rico
Rep

pump and tank are seperate kits look at the photo I posted and you will see that the pump has been screwed to the tank
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #41
Quasimodem
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 335d

Garage List
2009 335d US  [0.00]
Quote:
pump and tank are seperate kits look at the photo I posted and you will see that the pump has been screwed to the tank
I cant tell from your photo if the tank is right side up or down. Knowing German engineering I presume the pump is mounted to the top of the tank, so it would be inaccessible without tank removal. Is this correct?
Speakers: CDT Audio HD-42 comps--front doors (RAAMmat deadened), CDT ES-06 6.5" woofers--kickpanl Pods, Hertz EBX202R dual 8" ported trunk sub. Amps: Phoenix Gold RSd 500.4 (comps & pods). PG RSd 600.1 (sub). Power & Ground: 4AWG Streetwires w/RockFosgt RFDB1 distro blocks. Input: HU lineout--Kicker KISL RCA adapters--RockFosgt RFIT-6 cables--Audiocontrol Matrix--Monster cables--RSd 500.4--lineout Monstr Cabl to RSd 600.1.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 05:47 AM   #42
Puerto Rican 335d
Colonel
Puerto Rico
Rep

Correcto amigo Pump is on top therefore the tank has to be removed, they had told me the same thing that the tank had gone bad duh!! never heard of a tank go bad once they brought out the tank they saw the damage the UREA had done on the pump, as you can see the pump can be screwed on, but yes my 02 MCS fuel tank went out due to the detergents used in Puerto Rico for gas, we couldnt believe it I had ruined 3 fuel pumps in one week, it is a common amungst Mini's here in Puerto Rico thats what BMW told him, he still doesnt believe it!!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #43
GreekboyD
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2009 BMW 335d

Garage List
2009 BMW 335d  [3.75]
Hey Amigo, any idea what the fault code for this was?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #44
floydarogers
Curmudgeon and Pedant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2010 335d, 2014 328d

Quote:
Guess what? I have pictures of the UREA Pump and man does this suck, ... here's the pic:
Man, I may be in your boat. Got the 999 miles to go; was able to fill the active tank, but the passive appears to be full. Pump is the most obvious culprit; I'll see in 4000 miles or so, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jffeijao View Post
It is a fact the engine has been in european market for a long time. And I agree some reliability issues there should have been resolved by now.
Don't forget that our diesels are BMW's 1st use of the DEF/SCR system - the EU cars are only now getting systems that are hopefully better now that the US/CA have been beta test sites to test and improve the systems.
Appreciate 0