E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > cost of living in australia

10-01-2013, 12:21 AM   #23
skidz
Banned

Drives: 1mers nuts :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by naynay View Post
Hey man. I'm 24 and im still living at home so i guess i have it pretty sweet. I used to live in the melbourne CBD for about 6 months with a house mate. Rent for us was about 1300 each for the month for a small two bedroom apartment. I was making about 40k back then. Now im sitting on 55k. But if you come here with your partner and got a job in construction. I'd say youll prolly clear 45k easily.

Let me give a break down on my living cost so youd get an idea (not including rent because of asian parents).

Car insurance: $1500 a year with $2000 excess
Phone: $40 unlimited call and text 3 gb data
Petrol: $50 a week
Internet: $80 a month
Food: well just depends on if you eat out or cook at home

But it would be much easier if you move here with a partner. Ive known people that were living in new zealand that moved here and are living happily 40mins from the CBD on about 45k a year. hope that helps.
bwahahahahaha