E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > 2014 Map Updates - North America & Europe & More - (CCC/CIC/NBT)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-10-2013, 12:47 AM   #23
khanhdom
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 344
iTrader: (2)

nice thanks for providing the torent. How much is the fsc?
khanhdom is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #24
dparm
Major
 
dparm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 1,370
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanhdom View Post
nice thanks for providing the torent. How much is the fsc?
Going rate seems to be $30-50.
__________________
2011.5 AW M3 sedan ZCP
dparm is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #25
nullrouted
Studying...
 
nullrouted's Avatar
 
Drives: AW '13 E92 ZCP 6MT M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Central Florida

Posts: 850
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
Please seed, fellas.
I'm on this torrent now, and will be for at least a day or two seeding with a 100meg connection. People are already hitting me for about 60mbps, so get it while the getting is good!
nullrouted is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #26
Dracon
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 2006 330i E90
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

Posts: 831
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullrouted View Post
I'm on this torrent now, and will be for at least a day or two seeding with a 100meg connection. People are already hitting me for about 60mbps, so get it while the getting is good!
Hehe, I'm still pushing right around 100mbps still.
Dracon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #27
gatlin
New Member
 
Drives: 2011 335d Sport
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North Carolina

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracon
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatlin View Post
Is anyone getting errors when trying to decompress the download using WinZip?

I'm getting errors that there are newer version of several files. Wondering if I should keep the existing, or replace with the newer ones. I assume the latter.

Thanks.

John
You may get a message about Instructions.txt asking to replace, but never any other files.

I'd also recommend trying WinRAR to extract the files, you only need to decompress the North_America_PREMIUM_2014-1.part01.rar file, it'll compress the remaining 16 automatically. It's a multi-part archive.
WinRar worked better than WinZip. Thanks.

Completed the update in the car. It works great. Thanks.
gatlin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #28
JDM NA2
Private
 
Drives: 09 335i e90 M-Sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: CA

Posts: 68
iTrader: (2)

Where is a easy site that I can get winrar for a mac?
JDM NA2 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2013, 12:19 PM   #29
Dracon
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 2006 330i E90
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

Posts: 831
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM NA2 View Post
Where is a easy site that I can get winrar for a mac?
Unarchiver for the Mac is easy to use. You can't create archives with it, but it's great for unpacking them.

It's also available in the Mac App Store, so it's easy to find and download. And it's free!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...25424353?mt=12

I personally use Entropy on my Mac (I'm a longtime Mac user), but it's a paid-for program.
Dracon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #30
Dracon
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 2006 330i E90
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

Posts: 831
iTrader: (12)

2014 DVD's for the CCC have been added to the main post!
Dracon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #31
ndukyh
The Tanzanian
 
ndukyh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Durham

Posts: 468
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracon View Post
2014 DVD's for the CCC have been added to the main post!
3MB/s! Thanks so much I'll be sure to leave it seeding
ndukyh is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #32
JTBurn
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2008 328i Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Maryland

Posts: 146
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndukyh View Post
3MB/s! Thanks so much I'll be sure to leave it seeding
Getting 3.4. Thanks!
JTBurn is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #33
JTBurn
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2008 328i Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Maryland

Posts: 146
iTrader: (0)

I can confirm the CCC version East Region works!

Is it really 2014?
JTBurn is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2013, 04:52 PM   #34
Dracon
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 2006 330i E90
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

Posts: 831
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTBurn View Post
I can confirm the CCC version East Region works!

Is it really 2014?
Yes it is. Straight from my mailbox this morning. =P

You can compare the ISO sizes from 2013, the new discs are slightly larger. Even made images of the labels in case anyone wanted them.
Dracon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2013, 06:58 PM   #35
squic
New Member
 
Drives: 2010 335i xdrive
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ohio

Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

I've downloaded the torrent and unzipped it to the flash drive. I plugged it in and the update started normally. I entered the code and it started to update. When it reached approx 33% it issued an error and said to insert usb drive 2. I tried removing and reinserting the drive, stopping and starting the car but nothing helps. Anyone experience this error? I downloaded the torrent last night and it came in with file #6 missing, so I re-downloaded just the #6 zip file. Everything unzipped normally. There are 3 usb folders on the drive. Any ideas would be appreciated.
squic is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2013, 07:45 PM   #36
Dracon
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 2006 330i E90
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

Posts: 831
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by squic View Post
I've downloaded the torrent and unzipped it to the flash drive. I plugged it in and the update started normally. I entered the code and it started to update. When it reached approx 33% it issued an error and said to insert usb drive 2. I tried removing and reinserting the drive, stopping and starting the car but nothing helps. Anyone experience this error? I downloaded the torrent last night and it came in with file #6 missing, so I re-downloaded just the #6 zip file. Everything unzipped normally. There are 3 usb folders on the drive. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Did you check out the Instructions.txt that came with the torrent? It's laid out step by step in there.

When it asks for USB2, you have to take the drive out, delete config.nfm and pkgdb from the root of the drive, then copy the config.nfm and pkgdb from USB2 to the root of the drive. Then repeat when it asks for USB3.
Dracon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #37
drevil2k2
First Lieutenant
 
drevil2k2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 B8.5 S4
Join Date: May 2012
Location: GTA

Posts: 385
iTrader: (3)

Followed the instructions provided and everything was updated in approx 45 minutes (had the laptop in the car). Different method from the 2013 update.

Many thanks to Dracon
__________________
Organized crime is alive and well: It's called auto insurance
drevil2k2 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2013, 08:23 PM   #38
Henrik
Private
 
Henrik's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 73
iTrader: (3)

Will seed once I'm done downloading the CCC Nav

Thanks OP!
Henrik is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2013, 10:10 PM   #39
squic
New Member
 
Drives: 2010 335i xdrive
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ohio

Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

Thanks, I finally read ALL of the instructions and the update went fine. I also found that taking my laptop into the car worked best. I just assumed that it was the same as the 2013 update. I also found that you can't shut the system down when you remove the drive and go to change the files. It's not like the 2013 which would just continue from where you left off, it goes back to usb1 and starts over. So having a laptop with you makes it easy and you don't have to leave the car unattended and on while you go in the house to move files around on the flash drive.

Thanks,
squic is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2013, 10:24 PM   #40
JustinGTP
Lieutenant
 
JustinGTP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335i Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Posts: 482
iTrader: (0)

Awesome! Downloading and seeding now!
__________________
JustinGTP is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2013, 10:36 PM   #41
Dracon
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 2006 330i E90
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

Posts: 831
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by squic View Post
Thanks, I finally read ALL of the instructions and the update went fine. I also found that taking my laptop into the car worked best. I just assumed that it was the same as the 2013 update. I also found that you can't shut the system down when you remove the drive and go to change the files. It's not like the 2013 which would just continue from where you left off, it goes back to usb1 and starts over. So having a laptop with you makes it easy and you don't have to leave the car unattended and on while you go in the house to move files around on the flash drive.

Thanks,
No worries, things would work the same way as the 2013 if the map update was taken from the retail USB stick you get in the parts department (or places like Tischer).

It was taken from the 3 DVD/USB set provided to service departments or loaded into ISTA/P for loading into the car. The nice side effect of this is that now people with MY09 cars that have never had their iDrive software updated can now burn 3 DL-DVD's and upgrade their maps without a dealership visit.

It technically does pick up where it left off, but it wants the first disc to verify the data previously loaded is still good. In that situation the first USB should move quite a bit quicker then the very first time it's used.
Dracon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2013, 01:20 AM   #42
JDM NA2
Private
 
Drives: 09 335i e90 M-Sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: CA

Posts: 68
iTrader: (2)

how many GB is this suppose to be after you extract it? Why do i have like 17 parts to extract and each part is like 23gb!
JDM NA2 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2013, 05:48 AM   #43
JTBurn
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2008 328i Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Maryland

Posts: 146
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracon View Post
Yes it is. Straight from my mailbox this morning. =P

You can compare the ISO sizes from 2013, the new discs are slightly larger. Even made images of the labels in case anyone wanted them.
Woot! Many thanks!
JTBurn is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2013, 06:35 AM   #44
Dracon
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 2006 330i E90
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

Posts: 831
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM NA2 View Post
how many GB is this suppose to be after you extract it? Why do i have like 17 parts to extract and each part is like 23gb!
It's 23gb once extracted, you don't need to extract all the parts, just part01. It's a multi-part archive.

Quote:
1. Use WinRAR (or compatible archiver) to extract North_America_PREMIUM_2014-1.part01.rar, it will auto-extract all of the parts of the archive automatically.
Dracon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST