E90Post
 


Horizon LED
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > OT: How much do YOU earn



View Poll Results: How much
30k-40k 6 10.00%
40k-50k 5 8.33%
50-60k 4 6.67%
60-70k 3 5.00%
70-80k 6 10.00%
80-90k 2 3.33%
90-100k 5 8.33%
100-110k 2 3.33%
110k + 27 45.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-14-2007, 03:29 AM   #45
NFS
Major General
NFS's Avatar
United Kingdom
112
Rep
9,216
Posts

 
Drives: 335i m-sport LCI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg1965 View Post
People could be telling porky pies when they vote carlos!
As pete says you are assuming that they are telling the truth.

You don't need to earn 110K plus to run a 335. A 'car budget' of 7.5k a year would cover financing, depreciation and running costs.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2007, 03:33 AM   #46
Z4 Beemer
Colonel
Z4 Beemer's Avatar
Scotland
34
Rep
2,353
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 E92  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.2i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to Z4 Beemer
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg1965 View Post
People could be telling porky pies when they vote carlos!
Surely not? My accountant advised me not to vote on the poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed View Post
As pete says you are assuming that they are telling the truth.

You don't need to earn 110K plus to run a 335. A 'car budget' of 7.5k a year would cover financing, depreciation and running costs.
Exactly, finance is soooooo easy to get these days, that even some bugger on minimum wage can be in the driving seat of an M3 quite easily
__________________
E89 Z4 sDrive 23i... for the more discerning driver
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2007, 03:39 AM   #47
NFS
Major General
NFS's Avatar
United Kingdom
112
Rep
9,216
Posts

 
Drives: 335i m-sport LCI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4 Beemer View Post
Exactly, finance is soooooo easy to get these days, that even some bugger on minimum wage can be in the driving seat of an M3 quite easily
Easy to get finance ... not easy to gat a sensible interest rate
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2007, 03:54 AM   #48
Z4 Beemer
Colonel
Z4 Beemer's Avatar
Scotland
34
Rep
2,353
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 E92  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.2i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to Z4 Beemer
Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed View Post
Easy to get finance ... not easy to gat a sensible interest rate
What do you mean? Look at this fantastic low rate:

http://www.welcomecar.co.uk/
__________________
E89 Z4 sDrive 23i... for the more discerning driver
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2007, 03:58 AM   #49
jwbmw
Major
jwbmw's Avatar
United Kingdom
16
Rep
1,386
Posts

 
Drives: Jaguar XF S
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: West Midlands

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4 Beemer View Post
What do you mean? Look at this fantastic low rate:

http://www.welcomecar.co.uk/
Whooooow that is steep and perverse as you would have to earn a fortune to pay the interest! Cheaper to get several credit cards and max out the limit
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2007, 04:10 AM   #50
Serjames
Colonel
Serjames's Avatar
United Kingdom
37
Rep
2,426
Posts

 
Drives: E93 335i M-sport
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Surrey - UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Max, my heart bleeds for you.


as long as it stays my heart I'm happy (!)

__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2007, 12:03 PM   #51
Nohedes
Private First Class
3
Rep
102
Posts

 
Drives: E92 330d M-Sport (2008)
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Fan View Post
Carlostheplotagain

All I'll tell you is this - I earn the net result of the following formula:

(What people spend on food & drink) - (VAT @ 17.5% on certain parts) - (%GP margin depending on sale type) - (rent) - (rates) - (overheads) - (staff costs) - (tax) + (VAT rebate) / (2) - (reinvestment %) = (roughly what my company makes)

Which basically means, I'm not telling. Although, I'll make more money if you come down and stuff your face silly and drink like a fish (preferably, you can buy a 1961 bottle of Petrus at 9500 which will help me out a bit)...


*** Hey Viv - how about the UK5 meet in London next time with food at mine?!! I'll do everyone a deal... buy one Petrus, get second half price.. hahahaha...!


PS.. Carlos, just for your information, most people take offense at others asking how much they earn... it's a very private thing which I imagine most people are uncomfortable talking about.. just my 0.02
Sounds like you have a good wine list!! Where are you based? I restaurants where the wine list runs to a couple of hundres bins +
__________________
330d M-Sport Coupe (E92 - Le Mans Blue - 19" Wheels 225M - Brushed Aluminium - Blue Shadow Cloth/Alcantara - Folding/Dimming Door Mirrors - Storage Package - Grey Tinted Shadeband - Floor Mats!)
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2007, 12:29 PM   #52
silverbmwz3
Colonel
23
Rep
2,021
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335d wheelbarrow
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Buckinghamshire, UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Fan View Post
Carlostheplotagain

All I'll tell you is this - I earn the net result of the following formula:

(What people spend on food & drink) - (VAT @ 17.5% on certain parts) - (%GP margin depending on sale type) - (rent) - (rates) - (overheads) - (staff costs) - (tax) + (VAT rebate) / (2) - (reinvestment %) = (roughly what my company makes)

Which basically means, I'm not telling. Although, I'll make more money if you come down and stuff your face silly and drink like a fish (preferably, you can buy a 1961 bottle of Petrus at 9500 which will help me out a bit)...


*** Hey Viv - how about the UK5 meet in London next time with food at mine?!! I'll do everyone a deal... buy one Petrus, get second half price.. hahahaha...!


PS.. Carlos, just for your information, most people take offense at others asking how much they earn... it's a very private thing which I imagine most people are uncomfortable talking about.. just my 0.02
Where is your restaurant ?
__________________
Current: E90 335d (May 2007) | Black/Black | Prof Hifi | Prof Nav | 6FL | Fully Electric Seats | Xenons | Folding Mirrors | PDC
Previous: 325ci Conv. Black/Black with lots of ACS
Previous: z3 3.0 Silver with Black&Red Leather
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2007, 12:52 PM   #53
E92Fan
Moderator
E92Fan's Avatar
United Kingdom
102
Rep
5,492
Posts

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbmwz3 View Post
Where is your restaurant ?
Restaurant is in the City near Bank station, although we will be moving in a few weeks to a new site off Fenchurch Street. Our wine list extends to 350 bins or thereabouts, starting at £16.50 and going up to around £10,000. Although I have just been offered a Jeroboam of 1924 Petrus for £26,000, at auction!! Yikes!

I love my wine as you can see, and it's important for me to be able to offer a wide selection of wines because 95% of my customers are return clients, and it's always good to give them something different and unique to try. When I was compiling the wine list (took me almost three weeks) I tried so many different things, from a 2006 Wither Hills NZ Sauvignon (stonking wine, cheap, can buy from Majestic for £7.00 though don't tell anyone I told you) to a 1982 Chateau Le Tour Perks of my job!!


PS.. Thinking about it, how about a UK5/6 meet and go a bit further afield, let's say to some vineyards and champagne houses in France - it's easily organised and I can probably hire/borrow part of a wine chateau for accommodation...
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2007, 01:07 PM   #54
silverbmwz3
Colonel
23
Rep
2,021
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335d wheelbarrow
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Buckinghamshire, UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Fan View Post
Restaurant is in the City near Bank station, although we will be moving in a few weeks to a new site off Fenchurch Street. Our wine list extends to 350 bins or thereabouts, starting at 16.50 and going up to around 10,000. Although I have just been offered a Jeroboam of 1924 Petrus for 26,000, at auction!! Yikes!

I love my wine as you can see, and it's important for me to be able to offer a wide selection of wines because 95% of my customers are return clients, and it's always good to give them something different and unique to try. When I was compiling the wine list (took me almost three weeks) I tried so many different things, from a 2006 Wither Hills NZ Sauvignon (stonking wine, cheap, can buy from Majestic for 7.00 though don't tell anyone I told you) to a 1982 Chateau Le Tour Perks of my job!!


PS.. Thinking about it, how about a UK5/6 meet and go a bit further afield, let's say to some vineyards and champagne houses in France - it's easily organised and I can probably hire/borrow part of a wine chateau for accommodation...
I travel thru bank and our office is in fenchurch street!!! What's it called?
__________________
Current: E90 335d (May 2007) | Black/Black | Prof Hifi | Prof Nav | 6FL | Fully Electric Seats | Xenons | Folding Mirrors | PDC
Previous: 325ci Conv. Black/Black with lots of ACS
Previous: z3 3.0 Silver with Black&Red Leather
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2007, 01:39 PM   #55
NFS
Major General
NFS's Avatar
United Kingdom
112
Rep
9,216
Posts

 
Drives: 335i m-sport LCI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4 Beemer View Post
What do you mean? Look at this fantastic low rate:

http://www.welcomecar.co.uk/
I saw an advert on TV offering 'consolidating' loans at 29.9% APR
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2007, 04:22 PM   #56
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
dxb335d's Avatar
England
381
Rep
29,288
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
i have been to fenchurh a few times also, there is a bar place jus outside the station, unfortunately i wasnt drinking in the bar, i was working up at the station DOH
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2007, 03:36 AM   #57
silverbmwz3
Colonel
23
Rep
2,021
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335d wheelbarrow
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Buckinghamshire, UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I don't think he wants us frequenting his restaurant with our BMW t shirts on
__________________
Current: E90 335d (May 2007) | Black/Black | Prof Hifi | Prof Nav | 6FL | Fully Electric Seats | Xenons | Folding Mirrors | PDC
Previous: 325ci Conv. Black/Black with lots of ACS
Previous: z3 3.0 Silver with Black&Red Leather
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2007, 03:43 AM   #58
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
dxb335d's Avatar
England
381
Rep
29,288
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbmwz3 View Post
I don't think he wants us frequenting his restaurant with our BMW t shirts on
what about a Bentley or Maserati T-shirt?
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2007, 03:44 AM   #59
E92Fan
Moderator
E92Fan's Avatar
United Kingdom
102
Rep
5,492
Posts

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
what about a Bentley or Maserati T-shirt?
Good God young man, do you have no class?! Surely M'Lord would be arriving by chauffeur, dressed in suitable attire to partake in a spot of luncheon?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2007, 03:53 AM   #60
silverbmwz3
Colonel
23
Rep
2,021
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335d wheelbarrow
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Buckinghamshire, UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Still not saying which restaurant E92?
__________________
Current: E90 335d (May 2007) | Black/Black | Prof Hifi | Prof Nav | 6FL | Fully Electric Seats | Xenons | Folding Mirrors | PDC
Previous: 325ci Conv. Black/Black with lots of ACS
Previous: z3 3.0 Silver with Black&Red Leather
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2007, 03:56 AM   #61
E92Fan
Moderator
E92Fan's Avatar
United Kingdom
102
Rep
5,492
Posts

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbmwz3 View Post
Still not saying which restaurant E92?
Oooh sorry! Forgot to say earlier - Landmark Bar & Restaurant, to be relocated on to Mincing Lane (such an unfortunate name) in eleven days time!

Did think about changing the name to The Mincer, but somehow I decided against it...!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2007, 07:53 AM   #62
silverbmwz3
Colonel
23
Rep
2,021
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335d wheelbarrow
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Buckinghamshire, UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Our offices used to be on Mincing Lane, I used to regularly mince down there

Right, I'll keep an eye out for it. I know there have been a few places open down there recently including one that looks a bit fancy but it sounds like you'll fit right in in that case!
__________________
Current: E90 335d (May 2007) | Black/Black | Prof Hifi | Prof Nav | 6FL | Fully Electric Seats | Xenons | Folding Mirrors | PDC
Previous: 325ci Conv. Black/Black with lots of ACS
Previous: z3 3.0 Silver with Black&Red Leather
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2007, 09:24 AM   #63
stevie996
First Lieutenant
stevie996's Avatar
United Kingdom
6
Rep
361
Posts

 
Drives: Mercedes Benz E250 CDI AMG
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Wales,UK

iTrader: (3)

NOT ENOUGH!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2007, 09:26 AM   #64
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
dxb335d's Avatar
England
381
Rep
29,288
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie996 View Post
NOT ENOUGH!
least were back on topic, nor do i
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2007, 01:57 PM   #65
Steve A
Brigadier General
Steve A's Avatar
United Kingdom
42
Rep
3,464
Posts

 
Drives: too much
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Manchester UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Fan View Post


PS.. Thinking about it, how about a UK5/6 meet and go a bit further afield, let's say to some vineyards and champagne houses in France - it's easily organised and I can probably hire/borrow part of a wine chateau for accommodation...
I am defo up for that
__________________
C350 cdi sport estate facelift 457lbft
130i M SportMercedes C350 CDI Sport Estate AutoMini Cooper Auto.Mercedes E250 CGI,Lexus IS-F,R36, RS4 Saloon,ML 420 CDI SPORT,M6, 335d, C55, C32, M3, M5, S3, ALL SOLD but fondly remembered
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2007, 01:58 PM   #66
Steve A
Brigadier General
Steve A's Avatar
United Kingdom
42
Rep
3,464
Posts

 
Drives: too much
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Manchester UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie996 View Post
NOT ENOUGH!

but steve too much is never enough
__________________
C350 cdi sport estate facelift 457lbft
130i M SportMercedes C350 CDI Sport Estate AutoMini Cooper Auto.Mercedes E250 CGI,Lexus IS-F,R36, RS4 Saloon,ML 420 CDI SPORT,M6, 335d, C55, C32, M3, M5, S3, ALL SOLD but fondly remembered
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST