E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Installed MSDS stage 1 intake!!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-30-2008, 12:26 PM   #45
jpsimon
Team Zissou
 
jpsimon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 STi
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CT

Posts: 8,999
iTrader: (4)

You should install it then get to a dyno and show us

Quote:
Originally Posted by michsu View Post
any dynos with the MSDS Stage 2 intake? I just bought it yesterday, so just wanting to compile a list of what effects it will have on my car..
__________________
2015 STi / 335xi (solid)
www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive data log viewing

jpsimon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2008, 12:31 PM   #46
michsu
Second Lieutenant
 
michsu's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i e90
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 280
iTrader: (0)

ok , haha... just ordered yesterday... so still a bit before it comes... I'm guessing since the stage 1 makes about 12 rwhp.. this should make about 20 rwhp total??
michsu is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2008, 01:15 PM   #47
O-cha
Brigadier General
 
O-cha's Avatar
 
Drives: Mcoupe
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In front of you

Posts: 4,729
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to O-cha
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleh4852 View Post
In the context of what he wrote you shouldn't capitalize the word with...
Oh


my



god






BURNED.
__________________
O-cha is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2008, 01:16 PM   #48
e90AW335i
Major General
 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ......

Posts: 6,608
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Oh


my



god






BURNED.
LOL. I had to do it. If he is gonna be a prick about punctuation I can be a prick about capitalization...
__________________
I install all tunes, intakes, o2 simms, and most cosmetic mods. PM me for a quote.
e90AW335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2008, 01:24 PM   #49
down4it
Banned
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,743
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzzzBom View Post
1. I (not i)
2. It's (not Its)
3. With (not mith)
4. That's (not Thats)
5. isn't (not isnt)

(M)maybe we should race and see whos(who's) the real man!
down4it is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2008, 01:46 PM   #50
joeyrocks
Private
 
Drives: White 335i Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Whitestone, NY

Posts: 63
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by down4it View Post
You wont have any problems running a chip and a bov, you can also run the bov with the intake... If you get the MSDS stage 1, you can always upgrade later to stage 2 for a full cold air intake system.
Did you get a CEL?
joeyrocks is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2008, 02:03 PM   #51
down4it
Banned
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,743
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyrocks View Post
Did you get a CEL?
Nope...
down4it is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2008, 02:08 PM   #52
michsu
Second Lieutenant
 
michsu's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i e90
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 280
iTrader: (0)

down4it, did you get the Stage 2 of the MSDS intake yet? Sorry, I wasn't following on the other posts... you said you were going to get it in mid-November.. have you tried dynoing the MSDS Air Intake (Stage 2) over the stock?
michsu is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2008, 02:22 PM   #53
down4it
Banned
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,743
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michsu View Post
down4it, did you get the Stage 2 of the MSDS intake yet? Sorry, I wasn't following on the other posts... you said you were going to get it in mid-November.. have you tried dynoing the MSDS Air Intake (Stage 2) over the stock?
Yes i have had it on my car for a couple of months now and it is really nice, you can hear it sucking up air when you get on it and the throttle feels more responsive. I cannot dyno over stock because i have to many other mods to see what just the intake does... I dont know if you pick up gains over the stage 1 but you are getting much colder air from the bumper and it sounds awesome! Like Shiv says, you need an intake to get past 350WHP and i already passed that so im very sure that the intake played into that along with the other mods...
down4it is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2008, 02:24 PM   #54
michsu
Second Lieutenant
 
michsu's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i e90
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 280
iTrader: (0)

ok, thanks for your insight very helpful.. actually I don't have stage 1 at the moment.. just ordered both stage 1 and stage 2 and probably install it this weekend or next weekend.. probably next weekend due to installing Vishnu Stage 1 this Saturday with Shiv.. but the Ultimate Racing catted downpipes should be here Saturday to install.. I hear that has a good boost in hp and torque..
michsu is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2008, 11:12 PM   #55
luca335i
Major
 
luca335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 335I Sedan
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Unknown

Posts: 1,193
iTrader: (3)

That thing looks like it belongs on a civic:. Wait for AA to make an intake.
__________________
luca335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2008, 01:46 AM   #56
down4it
Banned
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,743
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luca335i View Post
That thing looks like it belongs on a civic:. Wait for AA to make an intake.
The intercooler you have on your car was made for a civic... But then magic shrouds were added to make it into a ram air intercooler for a 335
down4it is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2008, 01:49 AM   #57
O-cha
Brigadier General
 
O-cha's Avatar
 
Drives: Mcoupe
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In front of you

Posts: 4,729
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to O-cha
Quote:
Originally Posted by down4it View Post
The intercooler you have on your car was made for a civic... But then magic shrouds were added to make it into a ram air intercooler for a 335
I just lost any strand of respect for you I had.

Especially since far more civics run spearco cores (a whole lot) then they do AA intercoolers (zero).

Also FYI the shroud does not make it into a ram air intercooler.
__________________
O-cha is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2008, 02:01 AM   #58
down4it
Banned
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,743
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
I just lost any strand of respect for you I had.

Especially since far more civics run spearco cores (a whole lot) then they do AA intercoolers (zero).

Also FYI the shroud does not make it into a ram air intercooler.
I dont care what you lost dude, if you couldnt see the humor in the comment i made then you're looking at it the wrong way.

That IC is the worst for the 335 of all other FMIC upgrades out there, and it was AA that said the shrouds act to make it a ram air intercooler in one of their posts.
down4it is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2008, 02:15 AM   #59
luca335i
Major
 
luca335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 335I Sedan
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Unknown

Posts: 1,193
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by down4it View Post
I dont care what you lost dude, if you couldnt see the humor in the comment i made then you're looking at it the wrong way.

That IC is the worst for the 335 of all other FMIC upgrades out there, and it was AA that said the shrouds act to make it a ram air intercooler in one of their posts.
The design and quality is unmatched of the AA intercooler. Just search for threads and youll see. Plus a Spearco should belong on a honda. Active Autowerke makes products exclusively for bimmers so how would it belong on a civic. That makes no sense dude. All of a sudden your an intercooler expert. Dyno and test all the FMICs for the 335 and then talk smack. I never said yer intake was bad , just thought it looked ugly. So relax man , if it works good for you. So when are you putting the alttezza lights?
__________________
luca335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2008, 02:36 AM   #60
down4it
Banned
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,743
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luca335i View Post
The design and quality is unmatched of the AA intercooler. Just search for threads and youll see. Plus a Spearco should belong on a honda. Active Autowerke makes products exclusively for bimmers so how would it belong on a civic. That makes no sense dude. All of a sudden your an intercooler expert. Dyno and test all the FMICs for the 335 and then talk smack. I never said yer intake was bad , just thought it looked ugly. So relax man , if it works good for you. So when are you putting the alttezza lights?
Ya thats why Dinan Choose to put the spearco core in 335's and warranty them, cause AA's is better... Half of that FMIC is above the bumper and is useless... You made fun of the intake on my car, i made fun of the cheap intercooler on yours... Altezza's? You put a resistor on a $50k car to raise boost...
down4it is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2008, 01:01 PM   #61
O-cha
Brigadier General
 
O-cha's Avatar
 
Drives: Mcoupe
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In front of you

Posts: 4,729
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to O-cha
Quote:
Originally Posted by down4it View Post
I dont care what you lost dude, if you couldnt see the humor in the comment i made then you're looking at it the wrong way.

That IC is the worst for the 335 of all other FMIC upgrades out there, and it was AA that said the shrouds act to make it a ram air intercooler in one of their posts.
Which I brought up and they immediately affirmed that it was,in fact, not a ram air design but that the marketing department had tagged it as so.

And it also happens to be the best design on the market so.
__________________
O-cha is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2008, 01:26 PM   #62
down4it
Banned
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,743
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Which I brought up and they immediately affirmed that it was,in fact, not a ram air design but that the marketing department had tagged it as so.

And it also happens to be the best design on the market so.
Umm no, Spearco has the best design and core. AA's universal FMIC
down4it is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2008, 01:32 PM   #63
O-cha
Brigadier General
 
O-cha's Avatar
 
Drives: Mcoupe
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In front of you

Posts: 4,729
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to O-cha
Quote:
Originally Posted by down4it View Post
Umm no, Spearco has the best design and core. AA's universal FMIC
Yes because increasing core depth is the pinnacle of intercooler design, wait I'm sorry thats right it's the poorest design concept for intercoolers.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it, it's an improvement over stock, due to the better core, but that doesn't change the fact the design is bunk.
__________________
O-cha is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2008, 01:46 PM   #64
michsu
Second Lieutenant
 
michsu's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i e90
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 280
iTrader: (0)

haha... so AA or Spearco?? still waiting for a good answer... I hear Helix is almost coming with one soon..
michsu is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2008, 01:48 PM   #65
down4it
Banned
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,743
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Yes because increasing core depth is the pinnacle of intercooler design, wait I'm sorry thats right it's the poorest design concept for intercoolers.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it, it's an improvement over stock, due to the better core, but that doesn't change the fact the design is bunk.
The design isnt bunk, your thought process is. Yes the increased depth was done for a reason, to not block the radiator like some other FMIC's do. Make a better core design using W.A.V.E. technology and increase depth to not block our radiators from getting air still sounds like a better design than all of the other ones out there.
down4it is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2008, 01:55 PM   #66
e90AW335i
Major General
 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ......

Posts: 6,608
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by down4it View Post
The design isnt bunk, your thought process is. Yes the increased depth was done for a reason, to not block the radiator like some other FMIC's do. Make a better core design using W.A.V.E. technology and increase depth to not block our radiators from getting air still sounds like a better design than all of the other ones out there.
Mr. 5 did test showing even with the radiator blocked by the AA intercooler the water temps didn't increase....
__________________
I install all tunes, intakes, o2 simms, and most cosmetic mods. PM me for a quote.
e90AW335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST