E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > FS: 2007 335i Coupe Sapphire Black on Saddle Brown Leather New Hampshire

Closed Thread

09-29-2013, 12:07 PM   #1
pwsull
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 E46 S54 M3

FS: 2007 335i Coupe Sapphire Black on Saddle Brown Leather New Hampshire

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Not to be missed if you are serious about finding the best 335i Ultimate Driving Machine! Build Date 8/06. 80,500 miles: 11,500/year far below industry average 15,000. Enthusiast Owned, Attentively Serviced and Detailed, Black Sapphire Metallic over Saddle Brown Dakota Leather with Brushed Aluminum Interior Trim, 6 speed manual transmission, Award winning fuel efficient 300 Horsepower N54 turbocharged engine that gets me 28 MPG HWY! Frequent Oil Changes at 5K or less, Clean CarFax available on request. Loaded with options that include Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Heated Seats, Moonroof, Logic 7 Sound System with built in Sirius Satellite Radio, Auxiliary Input for MP3 player, Bluetooth Hands Free Phone Integration, Comfort Keyless Access. Premium Package with Rain Sensing Wipers, BMW Assist ready, Auto Dimming Rear view and Side Mirrors, Power Seats with Driver Seat/mirrors Memory and Adjustable Lumbar and Side Bolster Support, Homelink garage door openers. Sport Package with Sport Suspension, OEM Star Spoke 18X8 Front and 18X8.5 Rear Wheels with 225/40 Front and 255/35 Rear Michelin Pilot Super Sport Maximum Performance Tires. Always garaged, no accidents, non-smoker, all scheduled maintenance and ready to sell today with title in hand!

Mods:
BMW OEM Alarm System, “Euro” Light Switch Activating Rear Fog Lights, Westfalia OEM Hidden Trailer Tow Bar with Detachable Hitch and Trailer Wiring, LED Interior Lighting, Compact Spare for Deletion of Run Flat Tires, OEM Rubber Floor Mats for Winter, Black Kidney and Lower Intake Grills, Smoked Front Bumper Reflectors, PIAA Euro-Tone Sports Horns, ZHP Weighted M logo Leather Shift Knob,
Performance Upgrades:
Turner Integrated Dash Vent Turbo Boost Gauge, Burger Motorsports Oil Catch Can, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Evolution Racewerks Dual Competition High Capacity Oil Coolers

Common 335i repairs recently attended to:
High Pressure Fuel Pump Upgrade, New Water Pump and Thermostat, Valve Cover and Oil Filter Housing Gasket Replacement, Recent Brake Rotors and Pads

Attached Images

'04 TiAg E46 S54 M3, Bilstein PSS10's, Turner Front Camber Plates & Rear Camber Arms,
Apex 18X9.5 ARC 8's, Turner SS Brake Lines, Dinan Front Sway Bar, Dinan Stage I Tune

Last edited by pwsull; 07-20-2014 at 01:27 PM.. Reason: price change
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 05:25 PM   #2
pwsull
Private
United_States
Rep

Bump

'04 TiAg E46 S54 M3, Bilstein PSS10's, Turner Front Camber Plates & Rear Camber Arms,
Apex 18X9.5 ARC 8's, Turner SS Brake Lines, Dinan Front Sway Bar, Dinan Stage I Tune
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 07:08 AM   #3
pwsull
Private
United_States
Rep

Bump

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 08:44 PM   #4
pwsull
Private
United_States
Rep

Bump

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2014, 05:15 PM   #5
pwsull
Private
United_States
Rep

Bump

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2014, 06:09 PM   #6
ArtVandelay
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

How pronounced is the wastegate rattle?
What tune is on the car?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2014, 06:59 PM   #7
pwsull
Private
United_States
Rep

No Rattle.
Stock Tune.
All turbo vacuum lines recently replaced.
The only problem I have had with the turbos was the vacuum lines aging/deteriorating/leaking and having to be replaced.
The horsepower and torque on this car are amazing and equal or exceed my E 46 M3.
I had an AFE cold air intake on but removed and sold separately when I put the car on the market . The AFE scoops remain on the intake snorkel behind the kidney grills.
The car is very clean in and out.
Awesome car. Nice ride.
Performance Mods that do remain installed include:
Turner Integrated Dash Vent Turbo Boost Gauge, Burger Motorsports Oil Catch Can, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Evolution Racewerks Dual Competition High Capacity Oil Coolers

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2014, 07:28 PM   #8
ArtVandelay
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Nothing at all as far as rattle? Are you sure you know what to look for? I ask as I've had 4 335s and all 4 developed it at about 70k, just at different severities.

I'm curious, why all the mods, oil cooling upgrades, intake and even an aftermarket boost guage etc but no tune? Do you mean it just doesn't have one on it now, or are you saying that its never had one?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2014, 07:34 PM   #9
ArtVandelay
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

You mention the hpfp... was it replaced?
As far as boost/vacuum lines and the valve cover gaskets being changed. I'm not familiar with those needing replacement, can you elaborate?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 10:29 AM   #10
pwsull
Private
United_States
Rep

Hi Art,
Four 335i's in a seven year model run! Not my style, but you clearly know your 335i's. Myself I tend to stay with a car for a good long haul. It takes me a couple of years to feel like the car and I have developed a hand in glove relationship. But now I am doing that with an E46 M3, and the 335i is sitting in the garage feeling jilted and deserves to be driven.

To answer your questions:
  • This is the only 335i I have owned, but I am aware of the turbo rattle issue and have listened to the YouTube examples posted by others. I really can't hear anything like that coming from under my hood. I did have the dealer look for any problem with the turbo chargers themselves under the extended warranty last year, and they found no problem.
  • No, it has never had a tune. Maybe I am a pussy, and it may be sacrilege to say this on a bimmer forum but the 300 horses and 300 lb/ft of torque has felt like plenty to me, and has suited my driving which is sporty but not "The Fast and the Furious". I can't think of too many legal street driving situations that would call for more.
  • As for the oil cooler, you know that the turbos are oil lubed and cooled and cause the N54 engine to run WAY hot. With inadequate cooling many have run into engine limp mode under stress situations such as high ambient temp and "spirited driving." Admittedly I went a little overboard with the Evolution Racewerks dual competition coolers, but the oil temp gauge never goes above 250F even in the worst conditions.
  • Aftermarket boost gauge? Besides that it's , I like knowing visually what my boost is doing. I saw it on one of the Turner cars when they developed the prototype and just had to have it.
  • High Pressure Fuel Pump. As you know, BMW f****d this up when they developed the N 54 engine. It took them a long time to admit it, but when they finally did, they extended the warranty on this item to 120K. My original Siemans HPFP failed and was replaced by the new re-engineered Bosch pump that to my knowledge has had a minimal failure rate.
  • Boost Vacuum Line failure is not something I have heard a lot of people complain of, but it happened to me. The rubber deteriorated, cracked and began leaking, sending me intermittently into limp mode. Took the dealer awhile to track down the problem, but runs perfect since they replaced the lines. Probably ought to be a routine replacement item like coolant hoses and belts at a certain mileage and age.
  • Valve Cover Gasket and Oil Filter Housing Gasket. My understanding from the forums and the dealer is that these are common failure items on all BMW's. Anyway along with the HPFP and the water pump they are new now, and something a buyer won't have to worry about.

Hope that answers all of your questions. Do you have any interest in buying?
Regards,
P

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 06:05 PM   #11
pwsull
Private
United_States
Rep

Bump

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2014, 08:58 AM   #12
pwsull
Private
United_States
Rep

Bump

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2014, 10:49 AM   #13
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Really nice car. I share the same no navigation, no idrive selection when i ordered mine (less electronics to worry about). Love it. Good luck with the sale.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2014, 11:31 AM   #14
Wrongchi
Registered
Rep
Drives: 02 m3

Hi. New member here. Is your price firm or obo?
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread