E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 335xi FBO + Meth mustang dyno (408awhp/483awtq)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-29-2013, 09:28 PM   #1
psmitty95
Brigadier General
 
psmitty95's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90 335i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greenwich, CT

Posts: 3,566
iTrader: (8)

335xi FBO + Meth mustang dyno (408awhp/483awtq)

Today I dynoed my car on a mustang dyno. The car is FBO meth running JB4 ISO 27.2 and the race flash using the bb utility. I am extremely happy with the results especially considering it was on a mustang dyno. Best uncorrected number was 408awhp and 483awtq. Corrected that came out to 397awhp and 463awtq.

I had a few problems the first being mixing too much E85 in the day before... Because of that the car was kicking itself to stock boost up in the higher RPM range. Terry went above and beyond and responded to my emails on a Sunday and I filled up with 93 to try to balance it out a bit. The guy doing the logs did say it still went into map 4 on at least one of the runs. My second problem is i'm not hitting target boost at all... No boost leaks because I did a smoke test last night so i'm guessing something to do with my turbos.

Anyways here's the vid:


Dynograph:


And Logs. Here are the datazap links and attached are the CSV's
http://www.datazap.me/u/psmith95/dyno-map-3
http://www.datazap.me/u/psmith95/mustang-dyno-map-7

Mods:
-JB4 G5 ISO
-BMS Race Flash
-2.2 Gallon BMS meth
-Stett Cold Air Intake
-Stett Aluminum Block-off Plate
-ER Chargepipe w/ Blue Tial BOV
-VRSF xi ******* Dps
-VRSF 7 FMIC
-VRSF 3.5 Catback V2
-NGK 5992 Plugs
Attached Files
File Type: zip mustang dyno logs.zip (11.1 KB, 5 views)
__________________
< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: FBO + Meth JB4 ISO, BB flash, VRSF DP/FMIC, ER CP, Stett, SteveAZ LPFP & more
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Shop I use: Aci Dynamix 408AWHP/ 483AWTQ Uncorrected Mustang Dyno
psmitty95 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2013, 09:33 PM   #2
deemarr 335i
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: e90 335i performance edition
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: westchester ny

Posts: 211
iTrader: (0)

Great numbers bro, car is a absolute beast.
deemarr 335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2013, 09:50 PM   #3
psmitty95
Brigadier General
 
psmitty95's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90 335i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greenwich, CT

Posts: 3,566
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemarr 335i View Post
Great numbers bro, car is a absolute beast.
Thanks man cannot believe the numbers you pulled off today too. Did it wind up being a custom tune? I'm uploading the video of all the cars I filmed right now and I have your run on it
__________________
< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: FBO + Meth JB4 ISO, BB flash, VRSF DP/FMIC, ER CP, Stett, SteveAZ LPFP & more
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Shop I use: Aci Dynamix 408AWHP/ 483AWTQ Uncorrected Mustang Dyno
psmitty95 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2013, 09:57 PM   #4
deemarr 335i
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: e90 335i performance edition
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: westchester ny

Posts: 211
iTrader: (0)

Cool thanks....yea custom map 6 tune but I didnt have the cash to pay him for it on the spot, he said the clutch slipped a lil on that run so I got his # and im gonna see him when I get a better clutch lol.
deemarr 335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2013, 10:01 PM   #5
psmitty95
Brigadier General
 
psmitty95's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90 335i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greenwich, CT

Posts: 3,566
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemarr 335i View Post
Cool thanks....yea custom map 6 tune but I didnt have the cash to pay him for it on the spot, he said the clutch slipped a lil on that run so I got his # and im gonna see him when I get a better clutch lol.
Oh that makes sense. I'm surprised the map 6 tune didn't just auto save itself... Anyways here's the vid of all the runs today. Your car is the last one

__________________
< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: FBO + Meth JB4 ISO, BB flash, VRSF DP/FMIC, ER CP, Stett, SteveAZ LPFP & more
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Shop I use: Aci Dynamix 408AWHP/ 483AWTQ Uncorrected Mustang Dyno
psmitty95 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2013, 10:18 PM   #6
deemarr 335i
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: e90 335i performance edition
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: westchester ny

Posts: 211
iTrader: (0)

Ok cool
deemarr 335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2013, 10:30 PM   #7
foghat
Captain
 
Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 912
iTrader: (1)

Those are great numbers. Do you have a baseline on that mustang dyno?

Must be nice to be able to put that power down to the ground. I struggle putting down with 353/402 uncorrected dynojet numbers. 2nd gear is useless at anything more than 3/4 throttle - with a linear throttle mapping...
__________________
PTF tuned by Dzenno (94 oct) | Burger DCI | VRSF FMIC 7" | VRSF DP | Berk Street catback | Dynojet: 406/463 (std. correction) | Dyno Dynamics: 354/432 (ATMC1 correction)
foghat is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2013, 10:38 PM   #8
psmitty95
Brigadier General
 
psmitty95's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90 335i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greenwich, CT

Posts: 3,566
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat View Post
Those are great numbers. Do you have a baseline on that mustang dyno?

Must be nice to be able to put that power down to the ground. I struggle putting down with 353/402 uncorrected dynojet numbers. 2nd gear is useless at anything more than 3/4 throttle - with a linear throttle mapping...
Thanks man! Yea the 1st gear in this car is insane... It literally just squats and takes off from the AWD.

Anyways no I don't have a baseline on this dyno, but a few weeks ago I dynoed on a dynocom at 275 stock and 391 on map 3. Back then my AFR's were messed up since JB4 was set up for a backend flash but I wasn't running one. I was also misfiring... I'd imagine baseline on this dyno would be somewhere around 270 ish maybe even less due to some of the other cars that dynoed today:

-Friends B6 S4 made 276whp in 4th gear (usually makes 320 on dynojet)
-335i RWD with varags stage 2's, HPFP, and a conservative 93 only tune made 397
-B8 Audi S4 stage 2+ APR made 367

What surprises me the most is I made this kind of power not even hitting target boost...
__________________
< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: FBO + Meth JB4 ISO, BB flash, VRSF DP/FMIC, ER CP, Stett, SteveAZ LPFP & more
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Shop I use: Aci Dynamix 408AWHP/ 483AWTQ Uncorrected Mustang Dyno
psmitty95 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2013, 10:40 PM   #9
foghat
Captain
 
Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 912
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95 View Post
Oh that makes sense. I'm surprised the map 6 tune didn't just auto save itself... Anyways here's the vid of all the runs today. Your car is the last one
Do you know what mods that sti had?

I ask as I know what stock and varying degrees of modded sti's put down on the dyno dynamics dyno I was on. Am curious to see how the mustang compares to the DD. As this DD is considered a heart breaker.
__________________
PTF tuned by Dzenno (94 oct) | Burger DCI | VRSF FMIC 7" | VRSF DP | Berk Street catback | Dynojet: 406/463 (std. correction) | Dyno Dynamics: 354/432 (ATMC1 correction)
foghat is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2013, 10:45 PM   #10
foghat
Captain
 
Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 912
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95 View Post
Thanks man! Yea the 1st gear in this car is insane... It literally just squats and takes off from the AWD.

Anyways no I don't have a baseline on this dyno, but a few weeks ago I dynoed on a dynocom at 275 stock and 391 on map 3. Back then my AFR's were messed up since JB4 was set up for a backend flash but I wasn't running one. I was also misfiring... I'd imagine baseline on this dyno would be somewhere around 270 ish maybe even less due to some of the other cars that dynoed today:

-Friends B6 S4 made 276whp in 4th gear (usually makes 320 on dynojet)
-335i RWD with varags stage 2's, HPFP, and a conservative 93 only tune made 397
-B8 Audi S4 stage 2+ APR made 367

What surprises me the most is I made this kind of power not even hitting target boost...

That is good stuff for sure. Must be nice having uncorrected numbers higher than the corrected ones. Are you below sea level?
__________________
PTF tuned by Dzenno (94 oct) | Burger DCI | VRSF FMIC 7" | VRSF DP | Berk Street catback | Dynojet: 406/463 (std. correction) | Dyno Dynamics: 354/432 (ATMC1 correction)
foghat is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2013, 11:17 PM   #11
nailer335
Captain
 
nailer335's Avatar
 
Drives: alpine '08 e92 335xi
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Arizona

Posts: 690
iTrader: (0)

I've always been fascinated as to why more people don't do this- the fun that we have through the first 3 gears, first especially, under all circumstances compared to some "special" track set up and perfect weather and other variable factors... I'll bet its nice to not have the extra 10ths on the 60-130... But I always had too much fun from 0-100mph to notice. So much so that I fried a set of stock turbos, willingly I love cars that are overbuilt from the manufacturer!
nailer335 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2013, 04:28 AM   #12
914kid
Banned
 
914kid's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335xi
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Pelham, NY

Posts: 363
iTrader: (1)

Nice runs man, hope you get that turbo issue solved, always something right lol?

BTW, that white accord has some dope wheels!
914kid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2013, 02:21 PM   #13
psmitty95
Brigadier General
 
psmitty95's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90 335i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greenwich, CT

Posts: 3,566
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 914kid View Post
Nice runs man, hope you get that turbo issue solved, always something right lol?

BTW, that white accord has some dope wheels!
Thanks man! Hahahaha yea there is always something wrong unfortunately

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer335 View Post
I've always been fascinated as to why more people don't do this- the fun that we have through the first 3 gears, first especially, under all circumstances compared to some "special" track set up and perfect weather and other variable factors... I'll bet its nice to not have the extra 10ths on the 60-130... But I always had too much fun from 0-100mph to notice. So much so that I fried a set of stock turbos, willingly I love cars that are overbuilt from the manufacturer!
Agreed 100%. Being able to use this power in 1st and second gear is amazing. Second gear is definitely my favorite and whenever I take passengers for a ride they think its crazy how quick it accelerates in second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat View Post
That is good stuff for sure. Must be nice having uncorrected numbers higher than the corrected ones. Are you below sea level?
I don't know but I googled the dyno city and it said 103 ft so barely above sea level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat View Post
Do you know what mods that sti had?

I ask as I know what stock and varying degrees of modded sti's put down on the dyno dynamics dyno I was on. Am curious to see how the mustang compares to the DD. As this DD is considered a heart breaker.
Yea the STi was pretty heavily modded. He said stock block but it was stage 2 with intake, catless turbo back exhaust, injectors, fuel pump, E85 protune, external wastegate, and a few other minor things here and there. His first run he put down 301whp/296wtq for some reason. Second one he made 379whp/436wtq uncorrected. How does it compare?
__________________
< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: FBO + Meth JB4 ISO, BB flash, VRSF DP/FMIC, ER CP, Stett, SteveAZ LPFP & more
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Shop I use: Aci Dynamix 408AWHP/ 483AWTQ Uncorrected Mustang Dyno
psmitty95 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2013, 04:01 PM   #14
CT335xi
First Lieutenant
 
CT335xi's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335xi, evo 8, gmc syclone
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Naugatuck,Ct

Posts: 329
iTrader: (0)

very nice #'s on the mustang dyno . how far is this place that you dynoed at from greenwich, ct ?
__________________
volk re30 18x8.5 / tc kline coilovers / cobb ap / afe stg 2 sealed cai / afe air scoops / 5" ets fmic
CT335xi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2013, 04:03 PM   #15
psmitty95
Brigadier General
 
psmitty95's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90 335i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greenwich, CT

Posts: 3,566
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT335xi View Post
very nice #'s on the mustang dyno . how far is this place that you dynoed at from greenwich, ct ?
It was about a 45-50 min. drive. I did it because they had a huge dyno day and it was $45 for 3 pulls which is a great deal I think
__________________
< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: FBO + Meth JB4 ISO, BB flash, VRSF DP/FMIC, ER CP, Stett, SteveAZ LPFP & more
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Shop I use: Aci Dynamix 408AWHP/ 483AWTQ Uncorrected Mustang Dyno
psmitty95 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2013, 04:16 PM   #16
BD_e92
#teambimmer
 
Drives: 335i xDrive e92
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NYC

Posts: 1,039
iTrader: (8)

great numbers bro!
BD_e92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #17
psmitty95
Brigadier General
 
psmitty95's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90 335i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greenwich, CT

Posts: 3,566
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by #teambimmer View Post
great numbers bro!
Thanks man
__________________
< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: FBO + Meth JB4 ISO, BB flash, VRSF DP/FMIC, ER CP, Stett, SteveAZ LPFP & more
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Shop I use: Aci Dynamix 408AWHP/ 483AWTQ Uncorrected Mustang Dyno
psmitty95 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2013, 05:48 PM   #18
idrift4wd
Brigadier General
 
Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Yonkers NY

Posts: 3,295
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW  [3.50]
is your meth working on this?

how much e85 again?

my friend was there with a silver evo 9 MR. 410hp. didnt see him in the video though.
__________________
12.3 @ 116 JB4-DCI-E85
idrift4wd is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2013, 05:59 PM   #19
psmitty95
Brigadier General
 
psmitty95's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90 335i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greenwich, CT

Posts: 3,566
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrift4wd View Post
is your meth working on this?

how much e85 again?

my friend was there with a silver evo 9 MR. 410hp. didnt see him in the video though.
Yea I probably missed his car. Meth was working fine and no idea on E85 but it was originally too much. Regardless, it didn't seem to make a difference with power. My map 7 run was 408 and my map 3 run was 406 so seemed to make no difference
__________________
< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: FBO + Meth JB4 ISO, BB flash, VRSF DP/FMIC, ER CP, Stett, SteveAZ LPFP & more
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Shop I use: Aci Dynamix 408AWHP/ 483AWTQ Uncorrected Mustang Dyno
psmitty95 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #20
stashtrey
Major
 
Drives: 08 335xi Sedan Titanium Silver
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 1,155
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
This makes me want to install meth.

Assuming you are MT....do you have any upgrades or issues/fears with your xi drivetrain?? I'm xi and AT6 step. Worry about overworking the tranny and awd system.

Did you have the catless dp's before you added meth? I am stock on DP's and don't want to mess with them bit do like the idea of meth!!
stashtrey is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2013, 09:24 PM   #21
Tiago@VRSF
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Tiago@VRSF's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i, F30 328i, F82 M4
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hudson, MA

Posts: 5,706
iTrader: (88)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Tiago@VRSF
Great numbers on that heart breaker of a dyno!
Tiago@VRSF is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2013, 09:31 PM   #22
psmitty95
Brigadier General
 
psmitty95's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90 335i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greenwich, CT

Posts: 3,566
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stashtrey View Post
This makes me want to install meth.

Assuming you are MT....do you have any upgrades or issues/fears with your xi drivetrain?? I'm xi and AT6 step. Worry about overworking the tranny and awd system.

Did you have the catless dp's before you added meth? I am stock on DP's and don't want to mess with them bit do like the idea of meth!!
Yea i'm MT and I definitely do have fears with the xi but I think it's fine... I don't really launch the car although I will do WOT 1st and 2nd gear pulls all the time. There is one single turbo xi out there and as far as I know he has no problems so I think our transfercase should be fine. Biggest thing i'm worried about now is my clutch going out. I also don't daily drive this setup. My daily driving map is map 1 then if I ever want more power I just turn the meth on by putting it in map 3. I did have downpipes before meth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
Great numbers on that heart breaker of a dyno!
Yea I was surprised and very happy considering the dyno and that i'm an xi. Did it all with a bunch of VRSF parts too
__________________
< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: FBO + Meth JB4 ISO, BB flash, VRSF DP/FMIC, ER CP, Stett, SteveAZ LPFP & more
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Shop I use: Aci Dynamix 408AWHP/ 483AWTQ Uncorrected Mustang Dyno
psmitty95 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST