E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Pre purchase inspection in QLD



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-04-2013, 07:25 AM   #1
CYL
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Australia

Posts: 268
iTrader: (0)

Pre purchase inspection in QLD

Hi, I finally decided which is the best car for me to go for. Final step is just to get someone to inspect the car for me. The car is in QLD, is there anyone who can kindly advise me if there is someone who can perform a detail and in-depth pre purchase inspection please?
Many thanks.
CYL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2013, 08:22 AM   #2
bosnia88
New Member
 
Drives: 2011 335i e92 DCT
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Brisbane

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYL View Post
Hi, I finally decided which is the best car for me to go for. Final step is just to get someone to inspect the car for me. The car is in QLD, is there anyone who can kindly advise me if there is someone who can perform a detail and in-depth pre purchase inspection please?
Many thanks.
Prestige & Performance in Coorparoo if the car is in Brisbane.
bosnia88 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #3
ZiggyJJ
New Member
 
Drives: E92 335i MSport
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Perth

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYL View Post
Hi, I finally decided which is the best car for me to go for. Final step is just to get someone to inspect the car for me. The car is in QLD, is there anyone who can kindly advise me if there is someone who can perform a detail and in-depth pre purchase inspection please?
Many thanks.
I had Brisbane BMW do a full 100pt check on mine a couple weeks ago - costs $399 but they are pretty thorough. Mostly wear and tear stuff came up on the report with the exception of 3 issues that needed attention, which the other dealer fixed at their cost.

Whic one are you looking at?
ZiggyJJ is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #4
CYL
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Australia

Posts: 268
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyJJ View Post
I had Brisbane BMW do a full 100pt check on mine a couple weeks ago - costs $399 but they are pretty thorough. Mostly wear and tear stuff came up on the report with the exception of 3 issues that needed attention, which the other dealer fixed at their cost.

Whic one are you looking at?
Thanks ZigguJJ, I am looking at this:
http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...GC-AD-14277996

Brisbane BMW? Oh...the BMW dealership offers pre purchase inspection too? How you organise it? Via their website?
I was thinking about the stateroads.com.au
Or RACQ

I don't exactly know where is the vehicle, the dealer called Carzoos, but there is no address on their website.
CYL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2013, 06:03 PM   #5
ZiggyJJ
New Member
 
Drives: E92 335i MSport
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Perth

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYL View Post
Thanks ZigguJJ, I am looking at this:
http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...GC-AD-14277996

Brisbane BMW? Oh...the BMW dealership offers pre purchase inspection too? How you organise it? Via their website?
I was thinking about the stateroads.com.au
Or RACQ

I don't exactly know where is the vehicle, the dealer called Carzoos, but there is no address on their website.
Yes the BM dealership in Fortitude Valley - they see the most examples of these cars so will give you a good idea if it's a good buy. I almost bought an e46 m3 a few years ago from QLD and these guys found quite a few expensive issues with it.

It would be best to book in with them over the phone first and ask the other dealer to drop off to them. Give your details to Brisbane BMW and you can pay over the phone (credit card etc)

Are those m3 front seats in that 325? Have the strip running down the middle - shows up twice in the passenger seat pic and only once on drivers - could just be a reflection off the dash?
ZiggyJJ is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #6
kaitan
Major
 
kaitan's Avatar
 
Drives: Bus 11 AKA walking
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: sydney, australia

Posts: 1,320
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyJJ View Post
Yes the BM dealership in Fortitude Valley - they see the most examples of these cars so will give you a good idea if it's a good buy. I almost bought an e46 m3 a few years ago from QLD and these guys found quite a few expensive issues with it.

It would be best to book in with them over the phone first and ask the other dealer to drop off to them. Give your details to Brisbane BMW and you can pay over the phone (credit card etc)

Are those m3 front seats in that 325? Have the strip running down the middle - shows up twice in the passenger seat pic and only once on drivers - could just be a reflection off the dash?
nah just reflection! they are just Msport seats.
__________________
Sold:08 BSM E92 335i JB4, AR Design DP, M3 Steering Wheel, BMS PODS, Michelin PSS 225/255, Black Grille, CF Quad Diffuser, Remus Quad Exhaust, BSM Bootlip (Missing it badly )

Check out Facebook: TLCC @ Pymble.
kaitan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2013, 10:45 PM   #7
CYL
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Australia

Posts: 268
iTrader: (0)

Yes, Kaitan is correct.
Kaitan, when are you coming back to Australia?
CYL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2013, 02:55 AM   #8
QLD
Captain
 
QLD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LCI E92 - Mineral White
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: ...

Posts: 898
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYL View Post

I don't exactly know where is the vehicle...
Production date: 19.03.2008
VIN no WBAWB32080PV52997

Austral Motors Fortitude Valley...

That dealer is directly opposite Brisbane BMW... lol

Doubt that it is still there though, probably been raffled off to a wholesaler to offload..
__________________
.
.



..sweet torquin' diesel!
QLD is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2013, 03:37 AM   #9
CYL
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Australia

Posts: 268
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QLD View Post
Production date: 19.03.2008
VIN no WBAWB32080PV52997

Austral Motors Fortitude Valley...

That dealer is directly opposite Brisbane BMW... lol

Doubt that it is still there though, probably been raffled off to a wholesaler to offload..
Sorry QLD, i am getting a bit confused...
The dealer told me that the vehicle is located at 22 Maud Street, Newstead, QLD, 4006. Dealer name is: Austral Premium Wholesale

but yes, on the contract of sale that he sent to me, it is called Austral Motors, and address is the same as what you have quoted.

so......is there anything wrong?

Particularly >>> Doubt that it is still there though, probably been raffled off to a wholesaler to offload
CYL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2013, 05:13 AM   #10
NewHotness
New Member
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Adelaide, Australia

Posts: 14
iTrader: (0)

I had mine inspected by Motorline BMW at 1 Old Chatswood Rd, Daisy Hill, QLD.

Sent me a full report and service history as well before I offerred the seller and flew up to put it on a transport truck
NewHotness is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2013, 05:46 AM   #11
QLD
Captain
 
QLD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LCI E92 - Mineral White
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: ...

Posts: 898
iTrader: (0)

No I am not saying there is anything wrong with the car... i have no idea, I havent even seen it. I am saying that Austral is a top end dealer for Jag and range rover and they dont sell 5 yr old second hand cars... it would be sent to a wholesaler.... and you confirmed it has... Austral wholesalers in Maud st... same company, but one deals in new cars, the other, second hand trade ins...
__________________
.
.



..sweet torquin' diesel!
QLD is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2013, 06:18 AM   #12
CYL
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Australia

Posts: 268
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QLD View Post
No I am not saying there is anything wrong with the car... i have no idea, I havent even seen it. I am saying that Austral is a top end dealer for Jag and range rover and they dont sell 5 yr old second hand cars... it would be sent to a wholesaler.... and you confirmed it has... Austral wholesalers in Maud st... same company, but one deals in new cars, the other, second hand trade ins...
Hmm....may I ask if you would have a time to take a look at it for me?
I have organised stateroads to inspect it anyway...but I am also confident in people like you here.

I heard from Jin saying that it is quite common that BMW will sell those not economical to fix vehicle to other dealers and those dealers fix the issue (but most probably not properly fixed) and sell the car to customers..... Was worrying if this one is something like that.

I don't really want to get stateroads to inspect the car, but the dealer is not able to drop the car to mechanic, so, that limits my choice of mechanic. I am also worrying if inspector from stateroads is capable enough to detect the common errors in BMW....sigh
CYL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2013, 07:20 AM   #13
QLD
Captain
 
QLD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LCI E92 - Mineral White
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: ...

Posts: 898
iTrader: (0)

http://www.racq.com.au/motoring/cars...ns#masterCheck

Give them a call and they will inspect for you and provide a written report.
__________________
.
.



..sweet torquin' diesel!
QLD is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2013, 09:20 AM   #14
CYL
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Australia

Posts: 268
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QLD View Post
http://www.racq.com.au/motoring/cars...ns#masterCheck

Give them a call and they will inspect for you and provide a written report.
Thanks, have read that before but chosen this:
http://www.stateroads.com.au/

Booked Tue
CYL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #15
QLD
Captain
 
QLD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LCI E92 - Mineral White
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: ...

Posts: 898
iTrader: (0)

Pretty major disclaimer!!

Inspection and assessment has been by visual and noise appreciation only and no adjustments have been made nor components dismantled to confirm diagnosis.

Whilst every care is taken State Roads Vehicle Inspection cannot report about a defect if we cannot see it or it does not appear during the inspection.

It is in the opinion of our experienced inspectors that the items are in the condition indicated on this report.

Should there be a concern with the accuracy of this report contact State Roads prior to any work being carried out.

WHAT WE DON'T CHECK - Fuel & oil consumption, timing belts, alarm/security system, trip meters/computers, navigation equipment/GPS, operation of TV, cassette or compact disc players, automatic switching of wipers and lights, body work water leaks......

State Roads gives no guaranties on previous repair history nor is the vehicle's Body alignment measured or components removed.

A final visual inspection of a vehicle at the point of sale is the responsibility of the purchaser, State Roads can not be held liable for any dents/ damage or condition change after the initial inspection.




.
__________________
.
.



..sweet torquin' diesel!
QLD is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2013, 10:19 PM   #16
CYL
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Australia

Posts: 268
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QLD View Post
Pretty major disclaimer!!

Inspection and assessment has been by visual and noise appreciation only and no adjustments have been made nor components dismantled to confirm diagnosis.

Whilst every care is taken State Roads Vehicle Inspection cannot report about a defect if we cannot see it or it does not appear during the inspection.

It is in the opinion of our experienced inspectors that the items are in the condition indicated on this report.

Should there be a concern with the accuracy of this report contact State Roads prior to any work being carried out.

WHAT WE DON'T CHECK - Fuel & oil consumption, timing belts, alarm/security system, trip meters/computers, navigation equipment/GPS, operation of TV, cassette or compact disc players, automatic switching of wipers and lights, body work water leaks......

State Roads gives no guaranties on previous repair history nor is the vehicle's Body alignment measured or components removed.

A final visual inspection of a vehicle at the point of sale is the responsibility of the purchaser, State Roads can not be held liable for any dents/ damage or condition change after the initial inspection.




.
I thought most of those inspection company has such disclaimer?
RACQ and stateroads....which one do you think is better QLD?

Actually, I doubt companies like this as well as RACQ etc to be able to perform a good inspection. Doubt if they know all sort of cars well enough to diagnosis any potential issue? Have they really come across all models in all makes?
But with no access to a particular experienced mechanic in particular make of car who can perform the inspection, I can only choose those use those companies like stateroads or RACQ...
CYL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-06-2013, 12:23 AM   #17
QLD
Captain
 
QLD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LCI E92 - Mineral White
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: ...

Posts: 898
iTrader: (0)

Yeah it will be fine... certainly better than no inspection at all.
__________________
.
.



..sweet torquin' diesel!
QLD is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST