E90Post

MINHS Auto Care Center

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Oil pan gasket (those who never have change them should read this)

10-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #1
longnvu
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 06 325i

Exclamation Oil pan gasket (those who never have change them should read this)

I recently purchased an e90 with an oil leak. Upon purchase i though it was just a valve cover gasket. I removed the valve cover and had extracted all the broken bolts. Upon removing the valve cover I found long pieces of the rubber which i didn't know what it was at that time. So fast forward, I finally pulled the pan and i found a ton of pieces of rubber gasket that had hardened and broken off the metal part of the oil pan gasket. Getting the hard baked gasket was a pain in the ass. Also be sure to check the timing chain area because i had to pull some out of there. So be aware and replace them before they start to fall apart!
Appreciate 0