E90Post

European Auto Source

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Anyone raced the San Antonio Raceway in Seguin?

10-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
Cruiserweight
Private

Drives: 2009 335i LCI

Anyone raced the San Antonio Raceway in Seguin?

I went to the track last night to race my friend in his '13 S4 (stock). He'd been down there before and it runs a consistent 13.1X @ ~106. I'm in an '09 E90, COBB Stage 1+ ETS 5" FMIC and DCI.

Based on some of what I've been reading people are putting down high 12's with a similar setup. My best ET was 13.3 I launched from 2nd @ about 2K, shifted around 6200RPM. Problem was I couldn't hook up. Seemed like the boost came on too strong. I'd chirp off the line and go for about 40 feet and when the boost came on, I spun all the way through 2nd and the beginning of 3rd. I tried feathering the throttle as the boost came on, and as soon as it started to build I'd spin. I was running on my street 19's on 275 Super Sports.

Does anyone have experience on this track? Is it a particularly slick track or do I suck? I know guys are putting down better times on stock 255 shitstones, so maybe it's technique?